Panic Buying in US

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My younger sister who lives in Virginia (she lives with one of my brothers so I'm not worried about her) went to Walmart today. She just needed to pick up eggs and a few routine things. She sent me pictures. . .

1584499341641.jpeg

There were no eggs. But there was a fully stocked dairy case in the background if you look closely. I guess they must have just restocked or else they don't drink Milk in VA.

1584498542103.jpeg

The lysol spray/wipes aisle was picked clean.

1584498647441.jpeg

Toilet paper aisle. I still don't understand the TP. I have enough to last me a few months but I always keep that on hand.

1584499522671.jpeg

The canned vegetable section is pretty well depleted as well.

My younger sister who lives in Virginia (she lives with one of my brothers so I'm not worried about her) went to Walmart today. She just needed to pick up eggs and a few routine things. She sent me pictures. . .

View attachment 10074
There were no eggs. But there was a fully stocked dairy case in the background if you look closely. I guess they must have just restocked or else they don't drink Milk in VA.

View attachment 10075

View attachment 10076

Toilet paper aisle. I still don't understand the TP. I have enough to last me a few months but I always keep that on hand.

View attachment 10077

This is what every store here looks like and some are even worse.

Sun into Mon we didn't have any ground meat or chicken to sell. Went back to work tues night into Wed still don't have any. A partner told me when she asked the meat market when they will get any, they told her maybe next week but more like two weeks out. Was also told the National Guard will be showing up along with putting in some other safety features.

View attachment 10074

View attachment 10075

View attachment 10076

View attachment 10077

My local Walmart was very similar. I did manage one pack of toilet paper surprisingly. There were a handful on the shelf.

I went down to Publix this morning at 10 am to replenish normal supplies. I found everything I was looking for (bought two of everything this time) The parking lot was about normal, no problem finding parking spaces. More checkout lanes open than normal but no lines at all at checkout. I did a quick inventory isle by isle to see what was out. Every section has a sign saying sales limited to two items from that section.
These are the only items completely out of stock that I could find:
UHT Milk (plenty of flavored still in stock though)
Rice
Lysol
Bleach
Hand Sanitizer
Alcohol
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels

The Baby Wipes section was down to pocket packs.
Eggs were down to high priced organic and free range eggs
Fresh milk fully stocked
Bread 90% stocked (the bread I normally buy was on a buy one get one free sale!)
Meats 50% stocked, both fresh and frozen
Frozen vegetables 25% stocked
Cheese fully stocked
Canned vegetables 75% stocked
Pasta 25% stocked
Bottled water 75% stocked
Pet food fully stocked
Fresh produce fully stocked
Coffee fully stocked

So the panic buying is ramping up here but not at full tilt yet.

I went down to Publix this morning at 10 am to replenish normal supplies. I found everything I was looking for (bought two of everything this time) The parking lot was about normal, no problem finding parking spaces. More checkout lanes open than normal but no lines at all at checkout. I did a quick inventory isle by isle to see what was out. Every section has a sign saying sales limited to two items from that section.
These are the only items completely out of stock that I could find:
UHT Milk (plenty of flavored still in stock though)
Rice
Lysol
Bleach
Hand Sanitizer
Alcohol
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels

The Baby Wipes section was down to pocket packs.
Eggs were down to high priced organic and free range eggs
Fresh milk fully stocked
Bread 90% stocked (the bread I normally buy was on a buy one get one free sale!)
Meats 50% stocked, both fresh and frozen
Frozen vegetables 25% stocked
Cheese fully stocked
Canned vegetables 75% stocked
Pasta 25% stocked
Bottled water 75% stocked
Pet food fully stocked
Fresh produce fully stocked
Coffee fully stocked

So the panic buying is ramping up here but not at full tilt yet.
Glad to hear that doc. I hope you took advantage of the trip and stocked up where you could. I figure if I risk going out I’m going to make it worth while. Monday morning at Walmart I didn’t see any limit signs but am sure they are up now.

This was my last day out to get fresh stuff not held in my preps. I only had 7 eggs left so wanted to have more in the fridge. ALL the local big grocery stores completely out of eggs. I figured what the heck, try the Asian grocery store. Sure enough they had a nice selection. I got two dozen brown cage free eggs for $5. Cheaper than Costco's same type eggs. Wanted to make this last venture out as I have a feeling we are going to get a " shelter in place" ORDER very soon.

This was my last day out to get fresh stuff not held in my preps. I only had 7 eggs left so wanted to have more in the fridge. ALL the local big grocery stores completely out of eggs. I figured what the heck, try the Asian grocery store. Sure enough they had a nice selection. I got two dozen brown cage free eggs for $5. Cheaper than Costco's same type eggs. Wanted to make this last venture out as I have a feeling we are going to get a " shelter in place" ORDER very soon.
Are you in California?

Latest posts

Back