Must Read Big problems in New York City

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Scenario's === 1) EDC is a pistol with really good defensive ammo (HST) type. 2) Interior home defense = Pistol, same as choice 1. 3) exterior home defense = shotgun, buckshot. 4) close distance 25 yards to 150 yards = AR15 7.62 or a few other calibers. 5) medium range 150 to 300 yards = AR15 223/556 or 6.5 Grendal. 6) long range 300 to 1000 yards = 308, 6.5 Creedmoor. Preferable a bolt action rifle but the AR10 can fill the bill too. Is this list all inclusive, heck no, but should give a direction to head. The point is that many calibers can do the job but there are good / better choices for each situation.

I'm accurate as hell with a pistol for some reason, without even aiming with a sight. Long range rifles.....not so hot. Shotgun though, is what I take out with me if there's a noise at night, etc. (though usually a pistol on me too).
I can usually take a rifle with a scope and zero it in with 6 shots or less. Then I’m accurate as can be. Of course that’s relaxed and shooting at paper targets. I’ve never shot at a human being, and especially at one running towards me and shooting back. I hope I could keep the same relaxed demeanor when squeezing that trigger.

There aren’t going to be any left! I waited on buying another Wonder Mill Jr. Now they are out of stock everywhere...except one place and they are now DOUBLE the price at $549.
Just wait. . . When this passes you will be able to pick stuff up like that at a garage sale for cheap along with other homesteading/survival item. ;)

OH c'mon TexasF. Even bees have a bit of pride and deserve to get their honey from a better place than what you are planning. Have mercy and just put the honey on the soles of his feet so they do not catch anything like herpes or sumthin'...GP

As a fellow Texan I can say that bees may have a bit of pride, but fire ants just don’t care. Lol

America ramped up its response to the coronavirus pandemic on Sunday as New York ordered a ban on dine-in customers at all restaurants.

NYC counsel speaker Corey Johnson said as from 9am on Tuesday restaurants, bars, and cafes will be limited to take-out and delivery. Bars, nightclubs, movie theaters and other entertainment venues will also be closed.

"I will sign an Executive Order limiting restaurants, bars and cafes to food take-out and delivery," city mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement, calling for "a wartime mentality".

"Nightclubs, movie theaters, small theater houses, and concert venues must all close."

New York has already banned gatherings of more than 500 people, including in Broadway theatres and schools will also start shutting down this week.

California, Ohio, Illinois, Massachusetts also announced on Sunday that bars and restaurants would be closed in effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.

Bloody hell woman dont think about it, go and buy the bloody thing.
I bought the shotgun today. It was the one I had been thinking about for a while. The outdoors store had to order it; they said it usually only takes a day but right now everything is taking longer, it will be the end of the week before it gets here.

I bought the shotgun today. It was the one I had been thinking about for a while. The outdoors store had to order it; they said it usually only takes a day but right now everything is taking longer, it will be the end of the week before it gets here.
Glad you’re taking this serious enough to have some means for protection. I don’t think right now the level of security is much different than normal but do believe there are rougher times down the road. If things do get worse are you close enough to your parents to be able to go there reasonably quickly?

Glad you’re taking this serious enough to have some means for protection. I don’t think right now the level of security is much different than normal but do believe there are rougher times down the road. If things do get worse are you close enough to your parents to be able to go there reasonably quickly?
It is a drive for me. I'm keeping my car maintenanced and full of gas so I can go without stopping if need be. I know it is a decision I will have to make sooner rather than later so I am keeping a close eye on the situation and news that would affect this area. I have to drive across Louisiana to get there, which isn't ideal in the best of times. (sorry not sorry Louisiana peoples)

Latest posts

Back