Must Read Big problems in New York City

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How I wish these type of folks weren’t real, but I’ve heard some younger type men who proudly have said they don’t prep because their plan is to TAKE from the ones that do in a disaster.
iu

How I wish these type of folks weren’t real, but I’ve heard some younger type men who proudly have said they don’t prep because their plan is to TAKE from the ones that do in a disaster.

You're looking at it the wrong way. I'll be thrilled when these guys show up. My dogs have to eat. And if one of them injuries even a dog, I will strip them naked, stake them belly-up on the ground, pour honey over their privates, and stir up a few hives. Take a picture, and post it at the road inviting others to join him. Yup, I'm down right evil when it's called for.

You're looking at it the wrong way. I'll be thrilled when these guys show up. My dogs have to eat. And if one of them injuries even a dog, I will strip them naked, stake them belly-up on the ground, pour honey over their privates, and stir up a few hives. Take a picture, and post it at the road inviting others to join him. Yup, I'm down right evil when it's called for.

We only have one big boy, but he is trained and bread for protection. But if all hell breaks lose we will have 7 large trained dogs here. All the same breed. Protecting you and yours own from evil invaders is 100% merited in my humble opinion! People like that only understand that type of language.

Trust me, I've been think about it a whole lot more now. I am actually planning to buy a shotgun because I am far more familiar with them.
Good choice for home but it isn’t as portable. Without scaring people and drawing police attention anyways. I don’t know where your finances are but if you could swing each, as they both specific uses, it would be good. Have you given more thought to heading back home? I strongly believe being part of a group is the best way to get through tough times.

Good choice for home but it isn’t as portable. Without scaring people and drawing police attention anyways. I don’t know where your finances are but if you could swing each, as they both specific uses, it would be good. Have you given more thought to heading back home? I strongly believe being part of a group is the best way to get through tough times.

Not being ex military or anything, but did grew up with lots of guns. I wouldn’t be without a shotgun for close in home defense.

Last edited:
Not being ex military or anything, but did grow up with lots of guns. I wouldn’t be without a shotgun for close in home defense.
Agreed, the shotgun is my favorite for home, pistol for ccw, AR platform for longer range. The problem is there are so many different types, different calibers and each has specific things they excell at. There is no one model that can cover it all.

Don't know if it has been covered here, but I think you should all have some type of thermal imaging camera. Makes it real easy to see what's out there at night. Much better than night vision, all though I have both. My concern is ambush. If someone is in the front and I sneak out the back, I want to know there is nobody waiting.

Portability doesn't do me much good if I'm not going to be able to defend myself with it. I can't trust myself to hit anything reliably with a pistol. As far as going home, I have been considering it more every day. But I do have a job and bills and have to take that into consideration as well.

Portability doesn't do me much good if I'm not going to be able to defend myself with it. I can't trust myself to hit anything reliably with a pistol. As far as going home, I have been considering it more every day. But I do have a job and bills and have to take that into consideration as well.

Kate you are clearly a giving person.BUT, now is the time for you to take care of yourself and yours. Don’t wait too late to go home.

Kate, that's why you should have gotten over your aversion to guns while you still had time to get trained. It's too late now. A shotgun is fine in the home, but you can't just carry one around everywhere, and they are awkward to deploy inside a car.

I have a tactical shotgun and still would hate to handle it in my large SUV.

Don't know if it has been covered here, but I think you should all have some type of thermal imaging camera. Makes it real easy to see what's out there at night. Much better than night vision, all though I have both. My concern is ambush. If someone is in the front and I sneak out the back, I want to know there is nobody waiting.

What kind of thermal imaging did you get? I’ve debated on one of these for a year and could never make up my mind.

Skill is good and should be practiced with any firearm. However, I believe a pistol is for up close protection. If someone is up close you don’t have to be a great aim. Sure it’s good to be accurate with it but It is to stop someone from being able to hurt you up close. For that, point and squeeze is enough. I like my Smith an Wesson M&P shield 9mm. Most call it a girls gun as it’s compact and slim. I like it for those reasons. Getting a gun is a personal choice and shouldn’t be taken lightly though. I would personally consider the pistol over the shotgun for personal protection though just because it is concealable and can be on you all the time vs the shotgun needs to stay in one location due to its size.
As far as stay or go. That’s a tough one. I believe in being loyal to work and friends etc. but if things do get really bad always take care of yourself first. I hope your family isn’t too far of a trip for you if you decide to take that option.

I'm accurate as hell with a pistol for some reason, without even aiming with a sight. Long range rifles.....not so hot. Shotgun though, is what I take out with me if there's a noise at night, etc. (though usually a pistol on me too).

Latest posts

Back