Panic Buying in US

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. But the panic is making it at least 10 times worse than it has to be.
Those still calling this nothing but a cold are experiencing serious denial. We all aren’t going to die, but this is the largest affecting pandemic in many lifetimes.

THIS IS EVERY YEAR
CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in the U.S. - STAT
www.statnews.com › 2018/09/26 › cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years. By Associated Press. September 26, 2018.

yes I am one who thinks this is being blown out of proportion,,,,,the flu kills a shit load every year and we don't all crawl down the rabbit hole and hide from it,,,we carry on,,,yeah people will get this crap but it is not a extinction level event,,,,,
So why did China shut down an entire province, close all the factories (which caused an enormous economic crisis), and force everyone at gunpoint to stay in their homes over this nothing burger?

So why did China shut down an entire province, close all the factories (which caused an enormous economic crisis), and force everyone at gunpoint to stay in their homes over this nothing burger?

DR you can think what you want,I'm not twisting your arm,I just feel we are worried needlessly,,,,,I wasn't in China so I don't know just what happened over there and I don't trust the media to tell the truth either,,,,they love to stir the pot you should know that,,,,,what I do know is the number of cases in the USA is small at this time and not that many have died,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so I am going to just sit back and watch the show,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,everyone can go nuts I don't care as long as the carnage does not spill over into my front yard

what I do know is the number of cases in the USA is small at this time and not that many have died
What? You think it just magically spreads everywhere at once? It takes time. The first patient in China was November 17th. It wasn't until December 31 that Wuhan admitted there were a cluster of pneumonia cases of unknown origin. At that point there were only 27 cases. The first death wasn't until January 9th. January 15th there were only 41 cases.

Last edited:
What? You think it just magically spreads everywhere at once? It takes time. The first patient in China was November 17th. It wasn't until December 31 that Wuhan admitted there were a cluster of pneumonia cases of unknown origin. At that point there were only 27 cases. The first death wasn't until January 9th. January 15th there were only 41 cases.
whatever you say,,,,,I am not going to debate this,,,you can worry all you want no one is saying you can't worry and prepare for it just don't tell me I have to get all worked up about this

if this really is a problem in the USA it will come to light soon enough

I just saw Italy had 365 deaths today. Spain had 170, today. Don’t let the current low numbers here lull you into complacency. I’m also not suggesting anyone panic either. Unless your a moron that is just now thinking it might be a good idea to stock up on toilet paper and haven’t even started with food or anything else.

I just saw Italy had 365 deaths today. Spain had 170, today. Don’t let the current low numbers here lull you into complacency. I’m also not suggesting anyone panic either. Unless your a moron that is just now thinking it might be a good idea to stock up on toilet paper and haven’t even started with food or anything else.

if you look at the maps Italy does not touch China and has the 2nd highest number of cases,how the hell is that possible???????,,,,,,,

if you look at the maps Italy does not touch China and has the 2nd highest number of cases,how the hell is that possible???????,,,,,,,
It was brought by people that visited China or were from there. The reason Italy is so badly affected is an older population. They have a medical system that compares to ours, and is actually better in some aspects. It will get a lot worse here before long too.

An invention called the aeroplane that lets you fly over several countries before you reach your destination.

Damn GG, you really haven't been paying attention.

Wow! 40 years! You were tuned it way before me! I’ve only been at it 5 or so years. Although when I finally saw the writing on the wall I have spent many days of every week preparing for the worst. Knew time was short and I had to catch up.

How is your granddaughter today?

Morning Peachie, thanks for asking. She and my g-son are both here for the weekend. Both have a little cough but nothing we can't take care of.
I started hunting with a bow and arrow when I was 9 in Ft.Worth, shot competition in High School in Van Nuys, CA and still go on occasional meets here just to stay fit. It is illegal to hunt anything in Germany with a bow or crossbow...I will do what is needed if the SHTF. Good camo and the so called hunters here NEVER go out at night. They are busy drinking in the bars by then...
I was teaching survival in the Boy Scouts in the San Fernando Valley from 1974 to 1976. Our troop then won 1st place troop, plus 1st and 3rd place patrols. I got the nickname of Johnny Horizon. Some of my students went on to become SaR team members and helped Search and Rescue teams in the Simi Valley, Carmel Valley, Yosemite and along the John Muir trail later...I am still training and prepping since I came to Germany for all scenarios. In the middle of translating my book for my kids, wrote it in German and now want to finish it in english for this site...Gary

It was brought by people that visited China or were from there.
New info here Brent. There is an entire Chinese city in Italy. The Italian gov't allowed some rich a-hole to build a factory which was run by Italians, but the work was done with the cheap labor from imported Chinese. They all live in an open little city, go shopping like itals, go to work in the factory under the legal wages limit here, produce the clothing for export into the EU and therefore save the production costs, transportation costs, transportation theft losses and most important, the import taxes are being waved since it is being produced here in the EU...LEGALISING THE MAFIA ANYONE????

THIS IS EVERY YEAR
CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in the U.S. - STAT
www.statnews.com › 2018/09/26 › cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years. By Associated Press. September 26, 2018.

GG, trust me, I would not lie to you. This virus takes a long time to spread for the very first time, it's a Novel virus, which means completely new to mankind. This virus will eventually infect 3 to 5 times what influenza does in a year. It will be 10 to 55 times more deadly than influenza and will leave more permanent damage and side effects than influenza.

It will eventually reach 80,000 deaths and then a few days later it will be 160,000, then a few more days 320,000 etc... etc.... so on and so on. Until it peaks at about 70% of the population. That's if it doesn't reinfect which there is evidence that it does.
If it overwhelms the hospital system, then what ever the death rate is, it will then multiply by 3, 4, 5, 6 times that for not only convid-19 virus, but every virus, diseasem sickness and illness, everything you need hospital care for.

The medical system in Germany is excellent, it is although misused by many. Instead of going to your local doctor for a cut finger or simple burn, they all want to go to the emergency room, get some paperwork to not have to go to work for a while and have something to talk about at the bar on a round of whisky and beer...
It is also kept at a "full" status at almost all times, keeping well persons longer if the next patient is not waiting at the front door, letting the sick go early if a worse case bringing more MONEY into the hospital IS at the front door. ANYWAY they are usually full, have no extra capacities, and will be over run if this Virus Hits The Fan...ha ha, I made a pun...VHTF not SHTF. I crack myself up. Oh well, it is 2:00 am and I really should be in bed, my mind is wandering...where is my pillow? anybody see the way toward the bedroom..............................................G'night world and God bless us everyone.........snore, snore. Gary

GG, trust me, I would not lie to you. This virus takes a long time to spread for the very first time, it's a Novel virus, which means completely new to mankind. This virus will eventually infect 3 to 5 times what influenza does in a year. It will be 10 to 55 times more deadly than influenza and will leave more permanent damage and side effects than influenza.

It will eventually reach 80,000 deaths and then a few days later it will be 160,000, then a few more days 320,000 etc... etc.... so on and so on. Until it peaks at about 70% of the population. That's if it doesn't reinfect which there is evidence that it does.
If it overwhelms the hospital system, then what ever the death rate is, it will then multiply by 3, 4, 5, 6 times that for not only convid-19 virus, but every virus, diseasem sickness and illness, everything you need hospital care for.
so most of us are all going to die,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back