Must Read Big problems in New York City

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...te-of-emergency-new-york-mayor-bill-de-blasio

Apparently so idiot has posted comments that Manhatten island is going into Quarantine which has triggered mass panic buying

Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Thursday afternoon that New York was in a state of emergency after a “very, very sobering” 24 hours. The mayor of New York said his world has been turned “upside down” in just a day after coronavirus was declared as a pandemic.

Following the announcement citizens of the city stockpiled on groceries, as they swarmed stores.

New Yorkers formed long lines and completely cleared shelves in a desperate bid not to miss out on vital necessities.

Mr de Blasio tried to calm the panic by telling residents of the city that Manhattan won’t be quarantined for now.

The Mayor said in an impassioned tweet: “NO, there is NO TRUTH to rumours about Manhattan being quarantined.

“Whoever is spreading this misinformation, PLEASE STOP NOW!”

Grocery chain Trader Joe’s saw lines going around the block, before they began to limit the numbers of people allowed inside the store.

One Twitter user took to the site to express despair at the situation: “Apparently Trader Joe's is restricting occupancy due to coronavirus, so the line just to get to the door runs all the way down the block and onto the side street,”

Another wrote: “Never been so thankful to have gone grocery shopping at 8am sharp this morning in under an hour #traderjoes #coronavirus"

A third said: “ They cleared out every shelf in trader joes f*ck”

The state of emergency declared by the mayor will now begin the activation of extreme measures, including a curfew, closing down public transport, prohibiting people from being on the streets and limiting alcohol use.

Those measures have not yet been implemented, however, the mayor now has the power to instate those rulings at any time.

New York has currently had 95 confirmed cases of coronavirus, twenty-two cases are those fighting the virus in hospital.

I am feeling sorry for those without the cash at hand to go and get or start a late and belated prep for WHATEVER is happening. The greatest fear we need to fear, is the fear itself. Those who are not mentally stable enough to see the DAX go down and jump from buildings after losing some money, those who think the world is coming to an end and are trying to catch up with the long time prepper and those who think they will just roam the streets and steal from the poor and weak: they are real, they are here and they will try to take advantage of ANY thing, ANY person, ANY situation at ANY time just to survive...We saw the security man trampled to death on black Friday after he opened the doors to a mall. What are these SHEEPLE gonna do IF and WHEN the SHTF?? You cannot shoot them, they are just desperate. You cannot blame them, they
just wanna survive. You cannot feed them, you only have enough for one day then. WTF???God help us all if the sheeple take over and trample us like a herd of buffalo...GP

there are too many idiots posting shit on twitter and other platforms..
Right, but, how do we define "idiot". Who do we decide is the idiot and the right informer. Which info do we believe. When do we quit watching the idiots and reading their BS postings and mostly which of us decide to read other posts, compare them, dicipher what is true and what is BS and THEN act on our decisions based on something we have read, but have no way to verify???TOOOOOO many questions with toooooo many variables and not enough ANSWERS...GP

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavi...g-up-in-city-that-never-sleeps-to-big-changes

New Yorkers woke up Friday in the city that never sleeps to a fast-spreading coronavirus pandemic — and to an empty Times Square, no Broadway shows, no Knicks and Nets basketball, no concerts or other large gatherings and deserted office buildings.

Subways and commuter trains were running but with significantly fewer riders.

Aqueduct racetrack near JFK Airport told railbirds to stay home but was still planning to run a full card of horse races Friday afternoon.

Thursday's dizzying series of coronavirus-related shutdowns included some of New York City’s cultural jewels: the Metropolitan Opera, Metropolitan Museum of Art, the American Museum of Natural History and Carnegie Hall.

the real problem I see is the panic buying,I will use where I live for a example,,,I have heard of 1 case,,,,1,,,,and people are going nuts buying everything in bunches at 1 store someone came in and bought $300 worth of toilet paper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$300 buck for that much I can wipe my but for 20 years

these sort of thing pulls everyone into the Panic buying,,,I have bought in self defense for I have no idea what will be on the shelf next week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,people are idiots

the real problem I see is the panic buying,I will use where I live for a example,,,I have heard of 1 case,,,,1,,,,and people are going nuts buying everything in bunches at 1 store someone came in and bought $300 worth of toilet paper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$300 buck for that much I can wipe my but for 20 years

these sort of thing pulls everyone into the Panic buying,,,I have bought in self defense for I have no idea what will be on the shelf next week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,people are idiots
therefore the best strategy against Panic is being prepped, so we can observe carefully the situation and adjust accordingly.
Working as a manager in a German company, I now extend my private prepping approach to the Company...some employees from whom I never expected, acting like panic chicken, but easily to calm down, once You demonstrate a prudent "one-step-ahead-strategy"; just ordered 50 laptops and establish for the desk-top people home-office-capabilities first time, put a bassin of vinegar-water at the entrance as a hand sanitizer etc.
as our ancient British people demonstrated "Stay calm and carry on".

therefore the best strategy against Panic is being prepped, so we can observe carefully the situation and adjust accordingly.
Working as a manager in a German company, I now extend my private prepping approach to the Company...some employees from whom I never expected, acting like panic chicken, but easily to calm down, once You demonstrate a prudent "one-step-ahead-strategy"; just ordered 50 laptops and establish for the desk-top people home-office-capabilities first time, put a bassin of vinegar-water at the entrance as a hand sanitizer etc.
as our ancient British people demonstrated "Stay calm and carry on".
upload_2020-3-14_9-31-44.jpeg

There will be panic and some crime and looting before this is over. The best I can say is keep your eyes open and be aware of any situation that looks like it could turn bad. If it does, get out fast. I’m not going to get shot from a stray bullet from two rednecks fighting over the last roll of toilet paper....

There will be panic and some crime and looting before this is over. The best I can say is keep your eyes open and be aware of any situation that looks like it could turn bad. If it does, get out fast. I’m not going to get shot from a stray bullet from two rednecks fighting over the last roll of toilet paper....

There is no force on earth that would now see me or my family go into a city, FFS A pandemic plus mass hysteria, panic buying and mob behaviour.

I'm starting to believe that Urban humans are a dead end branch of the evolutionary tree, every time some total insanity occurs it inevitably comes out of cities.

There are many reasons those in large cities will someday have problems surviving for long. Not sure if food or killing one another will be the top reason. In a total breakdown in society...where every gang and lowlife knows the police are no longer going to lock them up...the cities will turn into total chaos and death. Add to that the fact there isn’t enough land to grow food to survive for many people and the outcome is clear.

I am feeling sorry for those without the cash at hand to go and get or start a late and belated prep for WHATEVER is happening. The greatest fear we need to fear, is the fear itself. Those who are not mentally stable enough to see the DAX go down and jump from buildings after losing some money, those who think the world is coming to an end and are trying to catch up with the long time prepper and those who think they will just roam the streets and steal from the poor and weak: they are real, they are here and they will try to take advantage of ANY thing, ANY person, ANY situation at ANY time just to survive...We saw the security man trampled to death on black Friday after he opened the doors to a mall. What are these SHEEPLE gonna do IF and WHEN the SHTF?? You cannot shoot them, they are just desperate. You cannot blame them, they
just wanna survive. You cannot feed them, you only have enough for one day then. WTF???God help us all if the sheeple take over and trample us like a herd of buffalo...GP

How I wish these type of folks weren’t real, but I’ve heard some younger type men who proudly have said they don’t prep because their plan is to TAKE from the ones that do in a disaster.

Latest posts

Back