Panic Buying in US

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the mushrooms we picked as kids had variable amounts of stuff in them as well. Or so I’ve been told....
Yeah, be careful with mushrooms.

There are people who like to use Amanita muscaria to "trip" on, and I can't say enough bad things about this.

The deadliest known mushrooms in the world belong in the Amanita family, so there is--in my mind--a big chance that the Fly Agaric (A. muscaria) can be confused with the Panther cap, the Death cap, the Destroying angel mushroom, and so on . . . even though A. muscaria is very distinctive, in that it usually has a red cap with white "warts" growing on it.

Even though this psychedelic mushroom should--in my mind--never be eaten, I have still used them.

If you put slices of this mushroom in a dish with milk and sugar, and then put it on top of the refrigerator (away from pets and children), it will kill the flies that land on the dish to drink the sugary milk. It makes a great organic (and free) pesticide.

This is what it looks like:

amanita-muscaria-fly-agaric-koli-finland-8-23-04.jpg

Being that it's an Amanita, it shares almost all of it's common features with the deadliest mushrooms in the world.

So . . . does anyone really need to "trip" that badly? If you do, then there's a problem.

https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/28/america-stress-bought-all-the-baby-chickens/
America Stress-Bought All the Baby Chickens
Murray McMurray Hatchery, of Webster City, Iowa, ships day-old poultry through the Postal Service, and is almost completely sold out of chicks for the next four weeks.

“People are panic-buying chickens like they did toilet paper,” said Tom Watkins, the vice president of the company.

Murray McMurray Hatchery, of Webster City, Iowa, ships day-old poultry through the Postal Service, and is almost completely sold out of chicks for the next four weeks.

“People are panic-buying chickens like they did toilet paper,” said Tom Watkins, the vice president of the company.

Those poor chicks. Most don’t even know how to care for them.

My wife just ordered chicks today from Murray McMurry, for June delivery. 25 Cornish Cross (meat birds), some replacment layers and some ducks. Right now there isn't any problem getting chicks for late delivery, but any sooner forget it. Their delivery dates are going fast.

I saw that happen last time I was up at the feed store a week and a half ago. 300 chicks bought in less than 3 days.

I personally think that people will more than ever flee the city when this is over and we will see people buying rural land and a renewed interest in the back to the land movement. How long it will last who knows and what repercussions it will have on prices for those of us that have always lived this way God only knows? We shall wait and see though.

I personally think that people will more than ever flee the city when this is over and we will see people buying rural land and a renewed interest in the back to the land movement. How long it will last who knows and what repercussions it will have on prices for those of us that have always lived this way God only knows? We shall wait and see though.

Pinkerton has predicted that too. There will certainly be some. Time will tell how many.

I doubt there will be that many,,,,,the all mighty dollar will see to that,,,,,,,,,,,,my income took a big hit for moving to where I am now

I hope these people don't accidentally murder the baby chicks out of ignorant neglect before they have a chance to grow big enough to fulfill their true purpose.

Around here I think the panic buying has subsided to some degree (though I haven't tried to buy any chicks). I ran to Wal-mart and the parking lot was only half-full for that time of day. I was able to get everything I was looking for except there were few dried beans or rice - fortunately I have plenty. There are canned goods again as well as lots of ground beef.

I hope these people don't accidentally murder the baby chicks out of ignorant neglect before they have a chance to grow big enough to fulfill their true purpose.

Around here I think the panic buying has subsided to some degree (though I haven't tried to buy any chicks). I ran to Wal-mart and the parking lot was only half-full for that time of day. I was able to get everything I was looking for except there were few dried beans or rice - fortunately I have plenty. There are canned goods again as well as lots of ground beef.
I think a lot of people are allready stocked up and/or are out of money. It’s giving stores time to restock. I know I don’t need to remind the core group here but I don’t feel now is the time to lighten up on having the pantry well stocked. This shutdown is likely to last another 8 weeks yet. I don’t know how long the economy can take this prolonged hit and I’m concerned of what happens after.

I think a lot of people are allready stocked up and/or are out of money. It’s giving stores time to restock. I know I don’t need to remind the core group here but I don’t feel now is the time to lighten up on having the pantry well stocked. This shutdown is likely to last another 8 weeks yet. I don’t know how long the economy can take this prolonged hit and I’m concerned of what happens after.

I go out every week and buy anywhere from 2 to 3 times what I would usually buy and will continue until we are locked down or this has come to an end,,,or I run out of places to store food

Some people may be running short of money now. But just wait until they start getting their checks from Trump. I think we'll see another huge run on the stores.

I go out every week and buy anywhere from 2 to 3 times what I would usually buy and will continue until we are locked down or this has come to an end,,,or I run out of places to store food
I have been doing the same. This time I also threw in an extra cartload for the food bank. My coworker who volunteers there said that last week they had more than twice as many families as normal.
Those check aren’t going to last long
Certainly not as long as the pandemic.

Latest posts

Back