Panic Buying in US

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings. The only shopping difference around here is lack of hand sanitizer and short supplies of toilet paper. Anything else you want is available, except pick your own donuts. You have to buy them already packaged. The boss said yesterday that there will be no raises this year of any kind, and that things are going to get really rough. OK, so if I get laid off, I collect unemployment for 39 weeks and will likely get called back. If not, I collect SS and retire. My building used to have 3700 people working in it, and now, excluding security and cleaning people, there are 18 of us working. The 3700 are all supposedly working from home on their laptops. Sure. I can pretty easily isolate myself in my lab. I set up a " do not cross" rope just inside the door, so people speak to me from ten feet away. All meetings are Skyped. The only thing about this mess that I can really get excited about is that the stock market is full of bargains. Anheuser Busch is selling at half price, and people will buy Bud Light no matter what. We stopped by our favorite waitresses house tonight and gifted her $100. Kid was working three waitress jobs, and of course, lost them all. Wife took $75 worth of groceries to the church pantry today as well. My life hasn't changed much, really. I do miss going to the bar on Saturday night, though. If I die from this, I guess I'll be more worried then.:)

I stopped at our local grocery store yesterday. They were limiting the number of people in the store to about 10 shoppers. There usually isn't that many people in the store anyway so there wasn't any wait. There was one older woman wearing a mask. Of course she didn't know how to wear it, it didn't cover her nose. The store took all the limits off everything too. Limiting items only lasted for about 1 week.

Hormel makes these nice microwave meals that have meat in them. They come in little white plastic microwavable tubs. Shelf life is a year and a half, which is pretty good for a complete meal, and are only $2 each. They don't require refrigeration. Menards has them on sale all the time. I take them in my lunch a couple times a week, and they are all pretty good.

Hormel makes these nice microwave meals that have meat in them. They come in little white plastic microwavable tubs. Shelf life is a year and a half, which is pretty good for a complete meal, and are only $2 each. They don't require refrigeration. Menards has them on sale all the time. I take them in my lunch a couple times a week, and they are all pretty good.
Normally I don’t eat that kind of prepackaged processed stuff but for this situation they seem like a great option to add to your preps.

my shopping is done for at least 3 weeks and then all I will need is feed for the critters and dogs,,,I think I have enough for close to 6 months for myself,,,,who knows I might be able to drop 20 or 30 lbs during this mess
I have 4 50lb bags for the real dogs and three 20lb bags for our dog/daughter that sleeps in the bed. The closest thing she does to being dog like is go potty outside and then runs right back inside. They help get rid of scraps too. I will always find a way to feed my buddies.

Normally I don’t eat that kind of prepackaged processed stuff but for this situation they seem like a great option to add to your preps.

if you have never tries them they are not bad at all,,,,I like the meatloaf ,,the shelf life is pretty good and I bet if you froze them it would be twice as long

I have 4 50lb bags for the real dogs and three 20lb bags for our dog/daughter that sleeps in the bed. The closest thing she does to being dog like is go potty outside and then runs right back inside. They help get rid of scraps too. I will always find a way to feed my buddies.

I have 4 50lbs of dog food and 100 of both rabbit and chicken feed,,,,the rabbits do nothing and never will pay for their self's I am thinking about being rid of them,,the chickens could be turned loose if it came to that

if you have never tries them they are not bad at all,,,,I like the meatloaf ,,the shelf life is pretty good and I bet if you froze them it would be twice as long
I just didn’t eat any of that kind of stuff because fresh foods are so much healthier. I know a lot of companies have figured out ways to make them taste good though. When TV dinners first came out years ago they mostly kind of sucked taste wise. There was one, the sliced turkey and gravy that I thought was pretty good. They have come a long way since then. They also all had to be frozen back then. The world is different now though and for prepping I think these sound like a great option, especially without needing refrigeration. Can you heat them up in the oven too, and where are they in the grocery stores?

no they have morphed into pets,,,,it would be like eating the dog
I posted an entire thread on rabbits with pictures as I learned to clean them. I had never dressed out any animal before and it was a little tough to do the rabbits at first with them being cute and all. The chickens and squirrels were much easier mentally. Mostly I just wanted real world practice in case I ever have to resort to it for sustenance. You tube helped me through it!

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/c...-limit-store-capacity-to-amid-covid-19-spread

Walmart announced that starting this weekend, it will be temporarily limiting capacity in its stores to roughly 20% of locations' normal capacity in an effort to social distance customers inside the store. Stores will allow five customers for every 1,000 feet of shopping space.

Customers will be counted one by one before being allowed to enter stores.

Have you thought about putting worm bins under the rabbit cages? My wife wants some rabbits and I want some fishing worms. I figured the rabbits could feed the worms.
I will end up with a large worm bed,I am putting in a elevated garden area and all the rabbit droppings from now on will end up there

I posted an entire thread on rabbits with pictures as I learned to clean them. I had never dressed out any animal before and it was a little tough to do the rabbits at first with them being cute and all. The chickens and squirrels were much easier mentally. Mostly I just wanted real world practice in case I ever have to resort to it for sustenance. You tube helped me through it!

Yeah it helps for sure when you are raised to see them as food and not pets! I helped process rabbits from the time I was young. I see meat when I look at one. LOL. Ditto with beef cattle.

I try to stay away from processed food to but I recognized the convenience. I keep a small supply of ready to eat meals along with my stash of non processed ingredients.

Latest posts

Back