Panic Buying in US

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along those same lines...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/working-from-home-switch-off-amazons-alexa-say-lawyers/
Working from home? Switch off Amazon's Alexa (say lawyers)
One of the byproducts of doing all your work from home is that you might be discussing confidential matters. And who might overhear them? Well, there's your smart speakers....

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/new...cle_6958f2b4-6a06-5813-b245-49629f642c3d.html
Singapore says its app can slow spread of coronavirus; critics say it’s government surveillance

Along those same lines...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/working-from-home-switch-off-amazons-alexa-say-lawyers/
Working from home? Switch off Amazon's Alexa (say lawyers)
One of the byproducts of doing all your work from home is that you might be discussing confidential matters. And who might overhear them? Well, there's your smart speakers....

That only applies to people that were crazy enough to bring them into the home in the first place! I’m not doing any thing illegal, immoral or otherwise nefarious but why would anyone ever want to be monitored all the time? Bizarre

That only applies to people that were crazy enough to bring them into the home in the first place! I’m not doing any thing illegal, immoral or otherwise nefarious but why would anyone ever want to be monitored all the time? Bizarre
Smart phones have the same technology built into them, but you can turn off the feature that is "supposed" to be listening at all times. I sometimes wonder if it's really "off" though.

Smart phones have the same technology built into them, but you can turn off the feature that is "supposed" to be listening at all times. I sometimes wonder if it's really "off" though.

Yes, if they really want to listen or watch you they sure can turn them on to do so. It won’t look like it’s on.

Last edited:

I doubt most people understand the backlash to Alexa. But even your phone can be hooked into. Spent some years doing something similar, was through the court system signed by judges.

And this is why I have a dumb phone and dumb TV. . . but yet my husband brought one of those newer TVs into his area at the house. I am sure it can listen to whatever is said, but its not like I am up to no good. I just hate that it can probably listen to what is going on.

And this is why I have a dumb phone and dumb TV. . . but yet my husband brought one of those newer TVs into his area at the house. I am sure it can listen to whatever is said, but its not like I am up to no good. I just hate that it can probably listen to what is going on.

I hear you! It’s not like they can watch everyone. They can listen. I’m sure they don’t do it to all.

I’m certain the powers that be are able to turn it on if they want even when you have it off.

I have a special app on my phone. (wire tap detection- anti-spy) it tells you every few minutes if the microphone or camera is turned on...take a look and see if you can find a functional equivolent...GP
I'm sure my brother who does cybersecurity would know of an app or could probably build one.

I don't need to buy anything for a while. I think I can pretty well make do with what I have around here. But I might buy some more wine if I get the chance. You can never have too much of that.

I urge everyone to keep building your preps. Keep going, dont stop now. As I said in the other thread, this is just the beginning and it's not the only crises that we will be up against. Besides financial collapse, I believe many other crisis are coming our way in the near future.

I urge everyone to keep building your preps. Keep going, dont stop now. As I said in the other thread, this is just the beginning and it's not the only crises that we will be up against. Besides financial collapse, I believe many other crisis are coming our way in the near future.
I was thinking about this today. I don't need anything and can live for a while but I am trying to slowly replenish everything I use (plus a little extra of course each time).

I was thinking about this today. I don't need anything and can live for a while but I am trying to slowly replenish everything I use (plus a little extra of course each time).
Same here, I am trying to stay on top of everything I use. We had a large portion of employees that got furloughed. I was able to escape that for now. I don’t know about the future.

Latest posts

Back