This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up more EmergenC immune packets, 6 boxes of 70. it has everything you need to keep your immune system strong. I also got some flu medications for symptoms. 8 more cans of lysol and another 4pack of Clorox wipes.
I always keep emergenC on hand, and even more so during flu season. So many good vitamins/minerals and electrolytes. It's really a better alternative to gatorade for people who are sick, whether they have flu or stomach bug.

I always keep emergenC on hand, and even more so during flu season. So many good vitamins/minerals and electrolytes. It's really a better alternative to gatorade for people who are sick, whether they have flu or stomach bug.
Normally for a healthy individual I don’t really believe in vitamins and supplements. Of course that is assuming the individual is eating a good diet with a variety of fruits and vegetables. When you sick though and not eating well I thing it’s a really good idea though. Give your body some extra ammo to fight back with.

I expect two to three months and it will be widespread. We mostly do retail maintenance with our business so that’s one of the worst places to be during something like this. I will act accordingly as needed but might be a good time to take 4 to six months off. Of course if you do something like that you are starting over completely without your current customers....

I expect two to three months and it will be widespread. We mostly do retail maintenance with our business so that’s one of the worst places to be during something like this. I will act accordingly as needed but might be a good time to take 4 to six months off. Of course if you do something like that you are starting over completely without your current customers....
I am less afraid for myself as I am pretty healthy, but afraid for those at risk because they are not as healthy. Very scary stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ran by Walmart today at lunch. Got a couple big bottles (500 pills each) of Ibuprofen, also picked up some EmergenC (store brand) as well as the store brand of Zicam. Hopefully, come this time next year, these have not been opened. Already have a number of other cold and flu products, so this is just a little more backup.

I ran by Walmart today at lunch. Got a couple big bottles (500 pills each) of Ibuprofen, also picked up some EmergenC (store brand) as well as the store brand of Zicam. Hopefully, come this time next year, these have not been opened. Already have a number of other cold and flu products, so this is just a little more backup.
I made some really good elderberry syrup...I think it should be as good as store bought stuff like EmergenC. I froze some to keep its potency. But it tastes sooo good.

I made some really good elderberry syrup...I think it should be as good as store bought stuff like EmergenC. I froze some to keep its potency. But it tastes sooo good.

Can’t say I’ve ever tried it but sounds good!

I went by Walmart this evening and topped off all my supplies. I read somewhere on here that P&G was concerned about getting the chemicals they needed to make common products. If Proctor and Gamble feels it maybe difficult to get supplies, I am sure that goes for Unilever, Kimberly Clarke and all the others.

Our goal re: COVID-19 is to spend less time shopping (we do that twice a week, dammit) and spend more time at home. We bought more basic foods for our years' supply, including stuff we eat everyday: another #10 can of peanut butter, two of dried whole milk, fixin's for pasta and even a case of Spam.

As far as meds, we have most of the stuff we need for symptomatic issues, including analgesics, anti diarrheals, NSAIDS, etc. We still have lots of up-to-date antibiotics and even some narcotics, although they're getting out of date. Vitamins, too, of course.

For other fun-and-games, I just got six Cornish Cross chicks right out of the egg, and ten more layers. I'd never raised meat chickens before, and, based on what I read, within 6-7 weeks they will be big youuuugly chickens. Believe it or not, they will be ready for butchering by then and should dress out at about 3 to 3-1/2 pounds each. I plan on using a chicken-tractor, which, by eliminating any crowding, should provide for healthier birds and more humane treatment.

I also have been getting a delivery area for my Nigerian doe, who will be kidding next month. This is another first-time thing for us.

I went from a full beard to a circle beard so that I can get a better seal with respirators.
My beard is now completely gone...asked thru 6 Pharmacies, no masks, gloves or disinfection. Only what I already have. Met a friend in the store yesterday looking for some disinfection spray. Sold out. I gave him the 100 ml bottle I carried in my pocket...got enough at home I think. Flour, salt, sugar, milk, meat, canned stuff, Ibuflam 600mg. 30 rolls of TP, 10 rolls of kitchen towels, 2 boxes of 20 lb.each of detergent, and other stuff in the pantry. € 140.00.

We have Germans, Danes, Norwegians etc coming over to the UKs northern sea ports on Ferries who are going around buying food, cleaning materials, medical supplies, disinfectant where ever they can find it and taking it home. I think they should be turned away, let their beloved EU look after them and the 3 million Syrian refugees heading their way

Decided to do a restock of some of the basic foods today, so I did bulk buys of flour, oats, rice, salt, sugar, that type of stuff. I am not overly concerned with the coronavirus but the problem is that most people will start to panic buy soon so better beat the rush. What with this trip today and all the food stored from last years harvest I have enough.

Latest posts

Back