This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I restocked my canned/non perishables and grabbed some more pasta and rice. Looked all over town for more face masks but didn't see any. I did get some more safety goggles though. I was thinking that we can protect our faces with masks all we want but your eyes are still exposed. Droplets in the air from someone sneezing etc. could infect you this way. Safety goggles could help protect from this.

I did have an idea though but I don't know if it's a good one. A lot of air filters sold for air conditioning systems claim to filter viruses. I was thinking that maybe those could be utilized to create some type of mask if regular face masks are not available.

i had a lil extra spending money from driving someone somewhere. so i bought a 3 pack of lysol hand wipes when i took someone else to dollar general.someone across the street from me.ended up with strip throat. I've had sinus and congestion issue for a few day's now.so i walked over to brookshire bro's and bought cold & head Capsules. their doing their job.

We have Germans, Danes, Norwegians etc coming over to the UKs northern sea ports on Ferries who are going around buying food, cleaning materials, medical supplies, disinfectant where ever they can find it and taking it home. I think they should be turned away, let their beloved EU look after them and the 3 million Syrian refugees heading their way
Glad I'm not a German,Dane or Norwegian....Bill would not let me come and INVEST SOME MONEY IN HIS LAND::::::::Gary:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've got plenty of what I need indoors, no need to go out, maybe for several months, why go out and put myself at risk?
having said that, the virus is no where near here, several hundreds of miles away, i'm not going to panic and shave my beard for something that may never come here.

I was thinking that maybe those could be utilized to create some type of mask if regular face masks are not available.
You are right Kate. Anything with a few layers of asborbing material is good. Diapers, sanitary napkins, just folded towels or fleece. Lightly moistenend is better. We learned in the military to even pee on a diaper to use the chemical reaction of urine to try to help make certain things less of a problem for your lungs...GP

You are right Kate. Anything with a few layers of asborbing material is good. Diapers, sanitary napkins, just folded towels or fleece. Lightly moistenend is better. We learned in the military to even pee on a diaper to use the chemical reaction of urine to try to help make certain things less of a problem for your lungs...GP
Yuk, there’s a mental image, pee on a towel and then wrap it around your face....

Pee should be sterile too, so in a last resort you could wash out a wound. Definitely not my first choice as wound care, but worth noting in case you’re a long ways away from proper medical care...

Doreena, I think I am in love, again! :D More detail about the Cougar. :D Hmmmm, maybe a few details about you but I REALLY want to know about your Cougar. :cool:
Here is a pic just before I sold it. Then one where they were trying to sell it a year or so ago.
13e44e188a1b42632efbe5c9fd90bfb0.jpg
2e5abf962e7dbc9c8a6cfd7e0c26b10e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a pic just before I sold it. Then one where they were trying to sell it a year or so ago.
13e44e188a1b42632efbe5c9fd90bfb0.jpg
2e5abf962e7dbc9c8a6cfd7e0c26b10e.jpg

Ok, the photos got turned around. The nice one is when I had it. Sigh. All that work finding NOS parts and trim all down the toilet!

Busy week with the preps in my house. Cleaned out the freezer and cooked down beef soup bones and made and canned some of the venison with the beef broth. 14 quarts to add to the pantry. Just throw in dried mushrooms and rice or noodles for almost instant meals. Cooked down all the chicken bones I have been collecting and made chicken broth. Cooked down that turkey on sale after Thanksgiving and added bones to the chicken bones for broth. 21 quart jars turkey in broth for soup/ noodles. Chicken pot pies with this are one of my husbands favorites. Cooked down that sale ham from Christmas and made 3 cookings 21 quarts bean and ham soup. White beans, ham chunks, carrots, onions and celery with chicken broth as liquid. Cooked down the figs from late summer that I had not got around to and just froze, made Louisiana fig preserves. 14 pints for use in oatmeal or on morning toast or biscuits. Makes great fig cookies too. 4 pints plum preserves from frozen plums in freezer. Then I stopped by Walmart and bought 40 pounds of frozen vegetables in 5 pound bags. Vacuum sealed them in smaller portions and filled up all that empty space. That made space also for crappie season which is right around the corner. Hard to get a virus sitting in the middle of a lake! So that is 70 jars of food added to the pantry and 40 pounds of veggies. If we lose power hoping the veggies could go into the solar dehydrator if the sun would cooperate. Also found tuna for 49 cents a can at the local IGA grocery. Bought 40 cans. Also dried noodles for .79 cents a pound. Sale is still running if you have an IGA around.

Busy week with the preps in my house. Cleaned out the freezer and cooked down beef soup bones and made and canned some of the venison with the beef broth. 14 quarts to add to the pantry. Just throw in dried mushrooms and rice or noodles for almost instant meals. Cooked down all the chicken bones I have been collecting and made chicken broth. Cooked down that turkey on sale after Thanksgiving and added bones to the chicken bones for broth. 21 quart jars turkey in broth for soup/ noodles. Chicken pot pies with this are one of my husbands favorites. Cooked down that sale ham from Christmas and made 3 cookings 21 quarts bean and ham soup. White beans, ham chunks, carrots, onions and celery with chicken broth as liquid. Cooked down the figs from late summer that I had not got around to and just froze, made Louisiana fig preserves. 14 pints for use in oatmeal or on morning toast or biscuits. Makes great fig cookies too. 4 pints plum preserves from frozen plums in freezer. Then I stopped by Walmart and bought 40 pounds of frozen vegetables in 5 pound bags. Vacuum sealed them in smaller portions and filled up all that empty space. That made space also for crappie season which is right around the corner. Hard to get a virus sitting in the middle of a lake! So that is 70 jars of food added to the pantry and 40 pounds of veggies. If we lose power hoping the veggies could go into the solar dehydrator if the sun would cooperate. Also found tuna for 49 cents a can at the local IGA grocery. Bought 40 cans. Also dried noodles for .79 cents a pound. Sale is still running if you have an IGA around.
Wow, you have been busy! I love canning!

Yuk, there’s a mental image, pee on a towel and then wrap it around your face....
It would be a waste of time to try and wash your face if you are no longer breathing, Brent. Your pee may not be sterile, but it could save your life so you can save your family...if you cannot take the possibilities of living, then you have no right to live. Even if you are just joking a little, get your shit ready in your head. If your family is in danger, you do not have a second to waste as to how to defend them. I can draw and shoot within 1.14 seconds. That is how long it takes for your family to no longer have your intelligence, skills, protection, strength and decision-making capabilities. If they do somehow survive, then another man will raise your children and maybe even your wife will finally get over the loss of her husband and need the strong arms of another who feeds and homes her (and your) children....(terribly formulated, but how it works in my head for my family. I have a beautiful wife and cannot see another man sharing a bed with her because I was too slow to save myself AND them...Gary)

I've got plenty of what I need indoors, no need to go out, maybe for several months, why go out and put myself at risk?
having said that, the virus is no where near here, several hundreds of miles away, i'm not going to panic and shave my beard for something that may never come here.
Nothing is ever near you Big Paul... I am convinced you live on the moon :)

Latest posts

Back