This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had been keeping my quart jars of beans n ham and chicken in my laundry room untill i decided on where to keep them.well,here's what i did.and it worked better then i hoped for..
2016-06-11 001.JPG

thanks.i installed that 3-4 summers ago.on account we needed a new and better sink light,then what we had.mainly because the old one,finally wore out on us.so i built and installed whats there now..

p.s. edit..i also built with store-age in mind..

is it wireless? and is there a way you can use your cell phone with it?

Sadly most I've found are not wireless, but could be made so with minimal effort...though with added cost. It seems the best way to monitor the outside of our door without something mounted outside that could be messed with, but still rather difficult. I may scrap this idea in favor of no door camera and extra fortification on the door.

thats why i put them where i did.for at least the time being..on account there's better then the laundry-room.and still working on where the idea place for them is..

strange,after my last practicum ended,I still had in me something left and did that vest today,will post pics about it,but I think it looks like a mix of a chestrig and something else ;)
leaves my back free for a back pack.

View attachment 5831 View attachment 5832 right,looks like this,have some kevlar in it and it's the bastard son of a chestrig and a plate carrier ;)
luckily for me,found some pistol mag holders,which I modyfied to hold those 10/22 mags
You guys are making really professional looking stuff! The cool thing about making your own things is they are exactly how you think they should be, vs settling for something you could find that's close. I think a kevlar lined water bladder would be awesome, protection And sustenance.

You guys are making really professional looking stuff! The cool thing about making your own things is they are exactly how you think they should be, vs settling for something you could find that's close. I think a kevlar lined water bladder would be awesome, protection And sustenance.
Thanks for the idea, will try and and incorporate that one into a hydration backpack, one of the plate carriers i made had an extra pouch on the back to take a bladder, if you put on the backpack you have to remove the bladder or empty it, otherwise its not very comfy.

View attachment 5831 View attachment 5832 right,looks like this,have some kevlar in it and it's the bastard son of a chestrig and a plate carrier ;)
luckily for me,found some pistol mag holders,which I modyfied to hold those 10/22 mags

Shit, as a friend and as a former infantryman, and with the GREATEST respect I want to debate this subject. We were taught and learned very quickly in places like Ulster that the nearer the ground you get in a fire fight the SAFER you are, and having your Mags/ Clips / Reloads on the LOWER FRONT of your chest means that (A) you are pushed off the ground into line of sight( BAD)(B) and its an absolute bastard trying to access your mags.(C) Bloody uncomfortable.
Thats why most of our kit has the mags pushed outwards to wards the HIPS at the least, or round the side area partially under the arms, which when you are prone makes it far easier to access extra magazines. And being a 22LR setup up means you are likely to be much nearer the bad guys and at greater risk. Pretty please with a cherry on top and whipped cream consider moving the lower pouches much further sideways, besides its also more comfortable when bending. Try laying prone and practice shooting and reloading with a pile of mags digging into your belly, you will see what I mean. On my old rig I kept a pistol across the upper part angled for easy draw, a knife and flashlight, the lower half was kept clear for bending, crawling, sniping and hiding. Others will disagree because each has their own favourite method, but this issue should be debated openly NICELY :)

Shit, as a friend and as a former infantryman, and with the GREATEST respect I want to debate this subject. We were taught and learned very quickly in places like Ulster that the nearer the ground you get in a fire fight the SAFER you are, and having your Mags/ Clips / Reloads on the LOWER FRONT of your chest means that (A) you are pushed off the ground into line of sight( BAD)(B) and its an absolute bastard trying to access your mags.(C) Bloody uncomfortable.
Thats why most of our kit has the mags pushed outwards to wards the HIPS at the least, or round the side area partially under the arms, which when you are prone makes it far easier to access extra magazines. And being a 22LR setup up means you are likely to be much nearer the bad guys and at greater risk. Pretty please with a cherry on top and whipped cream consider moving the lower pouches much further sideways, besides its also more comfortable when bending. Try laying prone and practice shooting and reloading with a pile of mags digging into your belly, you will see what I mean. On my old rig I kept a pistol across the upper part angled for easy draw, a knife and flashlight, the lower half was kept clear for bending, crawling, sniping and hiding. Others will disagree because each has their own favourite method, but this issue should be debated openly NICELY :)
Agreed, open field combat with a minimum of cover, you do raise your profile with about 2 to 3 inches, that is lying flat on the ground. (You were sopposed to id and find cover before you hit the ground) The mags do not dig into you chest or belly they dig into the kevlar and ballistic plate. Where you place your mags is a personal preference, i do carry a mag platform sling as well, so it can be moved to the side, back or the front. Full body armor is more suited for the urban eviroment, with a high volume of cover. Personally i will not be wearing mine when on long foot patrols with minimum cover, only the sling.

I also have a leg rig with mag platform.

Latest posts

Back