This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking into sourcing the LIGHTEST, SHORTEST, FULL POWER, BREAK BARREL, 22 or 25 cal, Spring or Gas Strut air CARBINE to share duty with my PCP
I got a 22 cal break barrel from Walmart that is a lot more impressive than I ever thought. It will drop a squirrel from a long way off, and with the scope is dead on accurate. So I'm guessing air rifles are legal there?

Not sure where to post this, but this seemed as good as the rest. Today is my last day at the place I've worked for the last nine plus years! I am excited about the business doing well, and hope it continues. It will be a little bittersweet leaving some of the people I've known for so long, but I've been on autopilot for a long time now with no real challenges. It's a little unnerving to leave the so called security of a steady paycheck ( in retail there is no security, sales go down and they loose people), but at this age I'm a little less adventurous than I was most of my life. Either way, here's to jumping in with both two feet!

Good luck Brent! I know you will be successful in your next career.

Good luck Brent! I know you will be successful in your next career.
Thanks, this is a very similar business to what I did for years. I thought when I sold the company 10 yrs ago that I was done with this stuff, but I've been changing bulbs and ballasts for two days now. Seriously, It feels good to be working for myself again. I just hope we stay this busy from now on.

first pic is what i canned the other day.7 quarts of beans n ham,and 2 quarts of chicken.the 2nd is a ring toss game mom bought at cracker barrel,for $15.00.and it's well worth it.and yes,we both have played with it already.it's not only great for entertainment during family get togethers.but for power outages and all,as well..i wonder how good a person can do with it,in the dark..lol

2016-06-03 001.JPG 2016-06-03 002.JPG

first pic is what i canned the other day.7 quarts of beans n ham,and 2 quarts of chicken.the 2nd is a ring toss game mom bought at cracker barrel,for $15.00.and it's well worth it.and yes,we both have played with it already.it's not only great for entertainment during family get togethers.but for power outages and all,as well..i wonder how good a person can do with it,in the dark..lol

View attachment 5785 View attachment 5786
I just thawed out some venesion that I sliced and thawed a while back. It's marinating in a mix of sauces and I'll put it in the dehydrator tomorrow. I need to pick a load of carrots and beets to pickle and can. I am pretty busy with the new business, but the garden is looking great. I did make a salad today with lettuce, spinache, broccoli, onions and carrots from my greenhouse and garden. I had to buy a couple fresh tomatoes from a farm place close by, as all mine are still green, but it won't be long now. I have collards and turnips ready for the first time ever, but could use some advice on what to do with them. I've had collards a couple times before, but don't believe I've ever tried a turnip. I do know one thing, they grow really well in this ga. clay we have.

Been making up (5) tarp guyline kits (made using paracord) to keep extras on hand, the same kits I use for our 8x10 emergency shelter tarps; 35' ridgeline with extra prusik knots (hang lighting etc..) 4 - 13' guylines 4- 8" stakes, one 10' extender and 2 'S' carabiners, small 10"x5" pouch to hold it all (not pictured)

IMG_2519.JPG

ring toss game mom bought at cracker barrel,for $15.00.and it's well worth it.and yes,we both have played with it already.it's not only great for entertainment during family get togethers.but for power outages and all,as well..i wonder how good a person can do with it,in the dark..lol

View attachment 5785 View attachment 5786

The ring toss will work great for winding (figure 8) a paracord. Dual purpose item ;)

Working on a new plate carrier, front panel done and dusted, now for the back.

89b23136d02ead8da2dd21e4ffc5e4d7.jpg
That's pretty cool. I actually have 3 old sewing machines, but never learned to use them. Two are old singers, one of which is an industrial model for stuff like leather, and the third is a 1950's brownie. I might plug them and see if they still work one day. Being able to mend and make things used to be common skills, which aren't so common anymore.

you make your own??
absolutely great,where did you get the specs for it?
You create the pattern from the Kevlar base you ad about an inch to the outline of the Kevlar. The front is canvas, i try to use a good strong cotton fabrick for the back side, the Kevlar needs to be sealed properly in a plastic cover, when wet its not that efficient. If you need more specs, ill be glad to help.

thanks friend,thinking of why not as I have the machine and fairly nimble fingers,a light weight plate carrier to haul my 10/22 stuff...and if I can make it my self,even better :)

love it when people do things for them self,proves you don't always need to spend money to get what you want and need.

The barn is going up now. Today they're setting the trusses and beams. We had some rain last night and the crane truck got stuck on the way to the site. Also building a storage shed off the end of the cabin. A guy can't have too much storage space. I'll send some pics of the barn soon. I think I'll build the garage/shop next.
We finished planting the garden yesterday. We have; tomato's, all kinds of hot peppers, pumpkins, blue berries, raspberry's, boysenberry's, grapes, gooseberry's, garlic and other stuff.

Latest posts

Back