This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they sell alot of Brit stuff there,most is never used,you lot seem to rotate that gear rapidly.
Good reson for that y'see, The UK has been fighting a war, insurrection or conflict some place in the world none stop since 1945 with sole exception of 1968, we had 68 off to go to San francisco with flowers in our hair to beat up the hippies.

Ref the picture of the Aussie troops they dont count because they only go to war if they are drunk and someone organises a BBQ, We dont count the South Africans either because they always wear SHORTS and BOOTS and that looks Gay :) (some even shave their legs)

Ref the picture of the Aussie troops they dont count because they only go to war if they are drunk and someone organises a BBQ, We dont count the South Africans either because they always wear SHORTS and BOOTS and that looks Gay :) (some even shave their legs)
We learned that from you chaps, up here in Rhodiess, they called them the Selous Scouts, some mean guys.

We learned that from you chaps, up here in Rhodiess, they called them the Selous Scouts, some mean guys.

Yup both the Selous Scouts and the Rhodesian Light inf and the Rhodesian SAS liked to show off their tanned legs, they used to laugh at out lilly white legs when Brit volunteers joined them :)

The Selous and the RLI were superb Light Fighters they only ever numbered a few battalions yet they took and and defeated a terrorist army aided by neighbouring countries armies. A bit like the Afrikaans today.

160611Rh12.jpg

RLI1.jpg

Note how the rifleman wears his mags far higher up the chest allowing better movement and laying down.

Aussie SAS in Vietnam
AUSAS NAM.jpg

More Aus SAS NAM.jpg

WOT NO BBQ Faces on

Yank Lurps (good troop)
Yank Lurps LRRPS.jpg

Some chest clear, some pouched.

Yank rangers NAM.jpg

Yank Light Fighter 75th RANGERS Showing the marines how to do it properly

US Ranger 86 chest clear.
US_Army_Ranger 1986 CHEST CLEAR.jpg

This weekend is going to suck. Supposed to rain most of it.

In order, my to-do list: (with the kids' help as we can)

Fix the riding mower (should still get this done, its in a covered area)
Fix the tractor (that's an iffy one)
Get the remaining horse stalls ready (for any emergency boarding during storms...not a priority until one on the way, but....)
Mow and weed-whacking (all depends on weather)
Some general house cleaning

So much for Dad's Day, but really can't afford to just ignore the time available...*sigh*

thats one thing about it..there's times,in which it was best to use a non electric tool..like my ratcheting drill..i've used to drill holes into fence post where a cordless wouldn't work,(not heavy duty enough).and a electric wouldn't work.on account no electricity there.

Well, I have about one more minute left for the green beans in the pressure canner. I picked 15 pints this morning. I didn't have a good harvest of beans last year, and had eaten the last can just a little while back, so it feels good to be stocking up again. I also got about two pints of sweet peas, and a box full of red potatoes. I'm really glad I discovered how well potatoes do here in Ga. I only picked about 1/10 of the potatoes I grew. I will probably just leave the pressure cooker out for the next few weeks. I've got beets, carrots and potatoes to put up, and will have more beans in a couple days. I thought about canning some turnips, but donated them to a soup kitchen instead. I hope hungry people like them more than I did.

My wife picked the first mess of our home-grown green beans, and the other vegetables are coming along. The ten year old and I caught and clipped the wing feathers of the hens, to keep them from flying out of the coop. One was trying, and almost made it. He's signed up for a two day day camp excursion with the "Farm to Food" 4h program, touring a local family ran farm to learn how food gets to the table.

My wife picked the first mess of our home-grown green beans, and the other vegetables are coming along. The ten year old and I caught and clipped the wing feathers of the hens, to keep them from flying out of the coop. One was trying, and almost made it. He's signed up for a two day day camp excursion with the "Farm to Food" 4h program, touring a local family ran farm to learn how food gets to the table.

I love to hear of total family involvement in prepping, nice one Billy

the lanterns aint high dollar,or the best in town.but their sure enough better then the brooklyn lanterns we have.the one in the middle is a portable fan.both the lanterns and fan can be plugged into a outlet for recharging the batteries..we still need to get the power cords for them thoe...and the 3rd pic are the copper skillets.and they are are worth getting..
2016-06-19 001.JPG 2016-06-19 002.JPG 2016-06-19 003.JPG

Latest posts

Back