This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup,one of my class mates came to school after a flu and boy was he a hard "patient"not even our teachers could find the right spot in him ;)
somewhat dehydrated dude....

Picked up 100rds of brass 9mm for 23$ today. Up to the range tomorrow.

Attachments

• 14457270342291368227581.jpg
    14457270342291368227581.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
Got the last of the tile laid for the area where I am installing the woodburning stove. I was actually done earlier, but decided to expand the tiled area to better protect from fire risk. I'll finish sealing the slate tiles tomorrow and then grout. It will all get a couple coats of polyurethane before setting the stove and installing the flue pipe. I just got tired of wasting so much firewood in the fireplace, as 90% of the heat goes straight up and out of he house. Not only is this a really good and functional way to heat thru winter, but it looks great too.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Woodworking is the most rewarding thing I love to do. I put projects into three phases. First is cutting and assembly, second is sanding, ( the worst part) and third is finishing. There's about equal labor in each step.
Thats why I'm taking pictures and someone else is sanding. [emoji12]

Thats why I'm taking pictures and someone else is sanding. [emoji12]
You got a little Tom Sawyer thing going on there. ( for a non southern U.S. Citizen, that's a guy that was able to convience his friends that doing his chores was fun! :) )

Brent S, that look amazing :)
Thanks, im even more impressed by the function of the porch so far. It's in the low 60's today, but with the greenhouse effect from all the windows it's at least 90 on the porch. Hopefully between the stove out there and the sun I can supplement the electric heat in the house a lot. Even during the summer I think the shade from it will help with cooling too. Yeah, I want it to look good too, but function is usually first with me.

Picked up another 250rds of 9mm
And traded two faucets I had on the work truck for a bow from a customer. I basicly got a Hoyt reflex with all attachments, a dozen brand new carbon hunting arrows, a release, bow case, arm guard and a box with fletching, field tips etc for 100$. That's a good deal in my book.
Going to get my concield carry license next Saturday...

Attachments

• IMG_20151027_105215426.jpg
    IMG_20151027_105215426.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
Got the inspection report in on the house. Looks like the roof may need replaced due to hail damage, and the distribution box on the drain field may need to be replaced too. I dug out the box today and the concrete cover is broken. Should be able to fix that myself and insurance should cover the roof. We could close on this place within 3 weeks.

Picked up another 250rds of 9mm
And traded two faucets I had on the work truck for a bow from a customer. I basicly got a Hoyt reflex with all attachments, a dozen brand new carbon hunting arrows, a release, bow case, arm guard and a box with fletching, field tips etc for 100$. That's a good deal in my book.
Going to get my concield carry license next Saturday...
I feel barter is the best way to get things. Both parties are happy and no one is stealing any of it to buy scum free cell phones :rolleyes:.

i just ordered 4-72 Hour Food Kits from Food4Patriots.i just hope that their worth getting.
Ived looked at a lot of the kits, and would love to have some. There just so damned expensive! Even when on sale there tough. I bought a kit of mre's once, and that's mostly in my car as an help my butt get home. So far the home canning has been my primary focus, for two reasons. One, it's cheaper. Even with the costs of jars and everything. Second, and most important, it's sustainable. Unlike a stockpile of food that runs out, these are meant to be reused year after year.
I would like to get some dehydrated stuff to help just get thru a short term emergency, as it has a great shelf life though. I'd like to see a pict of what's in your kits and hear what you think when you get them.

they normally cost $27.00 plus $9.95 shipping for each 72 food kit for a grand total of $147.80.maybe more with tax added. but i got a great deal on them in which i didnt have to pay the 27.00 on any of them..which added up $108.00.so all i had to pay was the $9.95 for shipping on each one.for a total of 39.80 on all 4 of them...i wouldnt of gotton them if it wasnt for that..plus my mom had read a articl in some magizine about power outages and how we should stock up on certain items..which helped out a great deal..:D

they normally cost $27.00 plus $9.95 shipping for each 72 food kit for a grand total of $147.80.maybe more with tax added. but i got a great deal on them in which i didnt have to pay the 27.00 on any of them..which added up $108.00.so all i had to pay was the $9.95 for shipping on each one.for a total of 39.80 on all 4 of them...i wouldnt of gotton them if it wasnt for that..plus my mom had read a articl in some magizine about power outages and how we should stock up on certain items..which helped out a great deal..:D
Glad you got your mom on board with prepping. My wife still thinks it's a waste of time.

thats just it brent.i think that she's right there,between being a prepper,(so to speak)..to believing that the government will step in and help out..pluss the article in some magazine about power outages and how we should stock up on certain items.may of gotton her to thinking about things..in some ways,i think that she's starting to realize that we're heading head on,and straight into hard times.when it comes to cost of living and all..she was born in the early 30's.and raised during the time,where folks was lead to believe that the gov. will step in and help out..and that she's finally beginning to realize that aint happening..pluss the ordeal with house repairs,and the landlords not happy with the cost,among other things.i think that helped on getting the point across that we're pretty much on our own,when it comes to doing for ourselves.

Latest posts

Back