This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today,im printing out coupons.and checking out whats on sale,at the diff stores we shop at..i also printed out coupons for a food saver and food saver bags..gonna look into them during our next trip to the store..
I absolutely love my food saver! I never toss leftovers anymore. It's also pretty good for stuff in the bug out bag, like ammo and such.

Check out the reviews on the Food Saver vacuum sealers. I've had a couple of Food Saver sealers and had to return them for various reasons. They just didn't hold up. About 5 years ago I bought a commercial grade 15" sealer for about $500. The cost was high, but I have never had any problems with it. Every year I'd seal up a couple hundred pounds of salmon, halibut and different kinds of meat.
So far my food saver has done great, and I use it a lot. Knock on wood.

I absolutely love my food saver! I never toss leftovers anymore. It's also pretty good for stuff in the bug out bag, like ammo and such.

thats a good idea.i love makeing a quiet few meat patties at a time.as well as other food items.pluss we load up on chicken quaters and other frozen items..so i'll have plenty of good use for the one i get..

p.s...the one i'll be looking into.is a foodsaver vacum sealing system at wal mart

im sure i wont be doing as much as you.arctic....but yet i do still need to pay attention to what i buy..on account,it'll have to last me a long time..
Same here. As part of my prep plans I'm trying to only buy what should last a looong time, if not a lifetime. I also buy replacement parts and wear items for all tools and equipment.

We'll be all moved out in the next 10 days. Trying to wrap everything up here on the home sale and selling off things we don't need. The problem we've run in to is with crooked inspectors trying to scam us. First they claimed that our drain field isn't buried deep enough; $6,000. Then the roof needs replaced due to "hail" damage; $12,000. Next was a "Radon Mitigation" system, whatever the heck that is; $2,000. I got my own inspectors out and they claim the roof is fine and so is the drain field. Waiting on a new radon test. This house is only 6 years old and is in mint condition.

wow,inspectors seem to be like that everywhere....lucky you have your own who doesn't try to screw you.

thats a good idea.i love makeing a quiet few meat patties at a time.as well as other food items.pluss we load up on chicken quaters and other frozen items..so i'll have plenty of good use for the one i get..

p.s...the one i'll be looking into.is a foodsaver vacum sealing system at wal mart
Mine was from Walmart as well. It's hard to beat their prices. If you were putting up hundreds of lbs of meat a year, then this might not be a good tool, but for what I do, it's great.

We'll be all moved out in the next 10 days. Trying to wrap everything up here on the home sale and selling off things we don't need. The problem we've run in to is with crooked inspectors trying to scam us. First they claimed that our drain field isn't buried deep enough; $6,000. Then the roof needs replaced due to "hail" damage; $12,000. Next was a "Radon Mitigation" system, whatever the heck that is; $2,000. I got my own inspectors out and they claim the roof is fine and so is the drain field. Waiting on a new radon test. This house is only 6 years old and is in mint condition.
Yeah, it can be a racket. At least you're smart enough to hire your own and argue/contest it. Way too many, espechially with the looming deadline of closing and moving, just go ahead and pay it. These companies know this. My last house was sold with an 'as is' clause written in the contract. I clearly stated that any repairs or improvements were to be done at the buyers expense. Luckily the housing market was hot, just before the bubble burst, and it went smooth. I did have a snag a few years later though. The guy was foreclosed on and the mortgage co. sued me for the balance. I had to hire a lawyer to contest it, which of course won. The thing is, if I ignored it, they would have won by default, leaving me on the hook for the money. We really need to get rid of 98% of the lawyers in this country. I'm being generous here.

but,but..without lawyers..no chaos..less greed..less fu@@ ups..could we manage a life close to bliss :rolleyes:
I still wonder why, since almost everyone hates lawyers, why do we keep electing them to make all our decisions for us? Why not elect a doctor, scientist or other scholar?

I had a great weekend! I turned 52, yuk, but spent the day with the kids, which brought ribeyes, yeah! We worked some, talked some, ate alot, and drank more beers than I should have. I built the first fire in the fireplace this season today as well. My main goal was to work on the porch interior this weekend. I got the walls insulated, and most of the interior wall siding up. It feels good to see progress. I wanted to get the flue cut through the roof, but the weatherman lied and it never quit raining! Oh well, it's got to stop someday :). I used conduit for the exposed wiring for two ceiling fans, which wasn't exactly what I had in mind for a rustic country look, but it was the best I could think of at the moment. I'll prime and paint it later. As I said, am just glad to see progress, even with a rainy weekend.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

nice mantle and fireplace...
Thanks. I cut that oak tree, ran it thru the sawmill and made that several years ago. The stone was a deal on some left over from a job someone was doing. I even got the glass doors really cheap from a store where someone ordered them e wrong size. I am really good at scavenging scrap and cheap materials and working them into something I like. It would be nice to just have a lot of money to buy whatever you want, but it wouldn't be as satisfying to me. I like giving old and discarded stuff new life.

Latest posts

Back