This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sale on the house hit a little snag last week, but I think the sale will still go through. Today I'm going to start making a list of everything in the house that we want to sell, like some of the furniture, sofas, the guest bedroom set, home theater system, TV's etc. We also decided to sell some property that we have out in a western state. Its the perfect prepper property; 100 acres with timber, meadows, year round trout stream, lots of deer and elk and is 100% surrounded by National Forest, which means no neighbors for several miles.

The sale on the house hit a little snag last week, but I think the sale will still go through. Today I'm going to start making a list of everything in the house that we want to sell, like some of the furniture, sofas, the guest bedroom set, home theater system, TV's etc. We also decided to sell some property that we have out in a western state. Its the perfect prepper property; 100 acres with timber, meadows, year round trout stream, lots of deer and elk and is 100% surrounded by National Forest, which means no neighbors for several miles.
Sounds like that's the perfect place to spend the rest of your life, why sell?

Larger? damn. Has to REALLY be in the middle of nowhere.

I'm on 5 and half acres, and that's ok, would rather have 10 or more, but even 50 would seem like way too much to secure, let alone 100. Though I guess it gives a good buffer if you secure less.

I wanted ten acres here in the mountains, until I realized all I could afford was 2 1/2. Now that I'm maintaining it, I'm glad I was poor.

Larger? damn. Has to REALLY be in the middle of nowhere.

I'm on 5 and half acres, and that's ok, would rather have 10 or more, but even 50 would seem like way too much to secure, let alone 100. Though I guess it gives a good buffer if you secure less.
Not really. Its only about 25 miles from town (pop 800). Security isn't that much of a concern to me in a SHTF situation. Due to the mountains, deep canyons and rivers, there is really only one easy access to our place, and we're pretty well hidden. Besides, the agriculture region is about 80 miles south and the larger population center is even further away. The nearest neighbor is about 5 miles away on another ridge, and they're preppers too. My dream was to bring my family back together again and I was hoping to give the 100 acre place to my kids, but they have other plans.

we've had a lift chair with no hand remote for 3 years.so mom decides to take it to the salvation army as a donation.. ok no problem..we get it there and unload it..and i walk away with a free slumberjack sleeping bag.and it still looks brand new.

we've had a lift chair with no hand remote for 3 years.so mom decides to take it to the salvation army as a donation.. ok no problem..we get it there and unload it..and i walk away with a free slumberjack sleeping bag.and it still looks brand new.
Reminds me, we just got a new goodwill, I need to clean out some stuff!

one thing i love about the sleeping bag.is,it's a idea bag for when the temps get down into the 50's while camping or whatever.and i got the thinking this morning.it'd make a idea sleeping bag for a ghb or bob from late spring to early/mid fall..

Here in FL, no such need. (and I'm one of those guys who can sleep anywhere).

My wife cleaned out her closet (size of a small apartment) and took a pickup load of clothes to Goodwill. Of course she had to go out and buy more. Whatever doesn't sell before the closing on the house will be taken to Goodwill too.

not anything big,changed my waters,more food and got me a hobo-stove,like a small puzzle,easy to assemble and use :) keitin.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, not being on the forum for three weeks and so much happened.

I got a new handgun which im blown away by the quality and the price. It's a nice carry piece.

I shot some meat for the freezer last night.

We put in an offer on a niece house on 10 wooden acres.

We processed about 50# of apples and canned apple sauce, pie filling and sliced apples.

Attachments

• IMG_20151014_151751845.jpg
    IMG_20151014_151751845.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20151017_211559083.jpg
    IMG_20151017_211559083.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Nice, congrats on all of that!

I managed to get the wife on board with getting fruit trees planted by Feb. Yay!

Started the conversion of the tack shop to (temporarily) be an indoor yard sale area, then, after clearing out some of the merch, and some of our old junk, switching to the scrapbooking crop room business model.

Finally started on the bunny habitat. They are going to love it. I'll have to take pics at various stages. They will have SO much more room, and a better quality of life, as well as be safer from the elements. For those who know, mostly, bunnies don't get along with one another unless a mated pair, so it's designed for them all to be separate, but still be able to see each other. (especially as one is female). The other day though, had to patch the existing one, as the gal got into one of the guys' area (the existing fencing is just chicken wire, which doesn't hold up to rabbits well). Patched that, but may have bunnies in the future, we'll see. I'm just glad they got along and didn't kill each other. I'll still separate them, but nice to know.

Not really a prep, but finally making good progress on the map mural in the dining room. Goal is to finish it by Thanksgiving. So far, have all the water boarder done, and about 2/3 of the scroll detail/edging. I'll post a progress pic after all the scroll stuff is done, before going into the continents.

Got a guy fixing an area of my roof as part of a barter arrangement. Woo hoo! He'll be fixing Friday, I just have to get the materials tomorrow.

Got some insulation up on the porch today, and all the tile board up. I'm putting slate tile up on the end where the wood burning stove is going, both for looks and fire resistance. Tomorrow I'll start laying tile, yeah and yuck, as I'm not crazy about cutting slate tile. With 5 days off work, my main goal is to get the stove installed and functioning as winter is almost here. We've already had some low 30's in the mornings. I was tired of wasting all the heat in the fireplace, going straight up and out, so this project made sense. I'll post some Picts soon.

One of my projects for 2016 is a partially in-ground pool, with a small wooden deck and an outdoor kitchen and lounge area (patio stones in the ground). Looking to have a wood-burning stove, nice gas grill, mini-fridge, sink, and large cooler all built into a stone outdoor counter. So, I can't wait to see how it comes out!

This project may go to 2017 depending on funds, of course. Pool and deck is the main priority for next year, but hoping to add the patio kitchenette too. Will make for some fun cookouts. The pool makes a great water source too, for providing emergency water for non-drinking purposes, so kind of a prep.

looks like it :)
and as from yesterday I know now how to insert an iv-needle into the vein,we trained it the whole day on us. remember that doc pops said it isn't easy,well it wasn't,especially if you are dumd and go out for a smoke during a brake (yup,those veins kinda shrink)

Both my wife and daughter are a difficult stick. I always instruct them to drink a full glass of water, just before it.

Latest posts

Back