This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, we have two British Berkfield filters using the top range ceramic / silver candles, plus spare candles set as spares
Good point on the spare filters! I'll order a set ASAP. I've never even used any of the filters yet, but like the peace of mind that they are there.

I've got a LifeSaver bottle, a LifeStraw and 3 or 4 Sawyer mini filters, I don't think water is an issue here in the mild south west of England, if anything we get too much of it.
I'm in the same position here with plenty of water. There are two creeks here on the property, and ponds all over the area, but none of it would be safe to drink without filtering. With the last two hundred years of people polluting here, I wouldn't drink out of any creeks anymore without some form of treatment first.

I ordered two cans of pepper spray today. Harbour freight had them on sale for 6.99 . I also got two led lights and a triple ball hitch. You need to be careful with some of their stuff as it can be low quality, but some things are fine. All of it though is cheaper than anywhere else. They just opened a new store close to here, I love it!

Thanks to a few connections I got another packed bed water filter. Since I was last here the freezer is up and running in my holiday home, the last five thirteen kilo shells have been finished and lastly I've collected twelve R5 ammo boxes to go with the three R5's I have.

Built a root cellar, will also assist the homeless in time of need. I'm gonna name it after an old friend and call it the Hillary House

Attachments

• WP_20150925_06_45_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150925_06_45_22_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Built a root cellar, will also assist the homeless in time of need. I'm gonna name it after an old friend and call it the Hillary House
Be careful with the backfilling. Check out some of the threads on shipping containers collapsing in on the side. I wanted to go that route before researching it. The corners are strong, but the sides need reinforcement. I'm still working on solving the high humidity issue in mine. Will let you know how it goes.
Nice sheppard there :). I've always said they make a great prepping buddy. I have three tough looking dogs, that are all way too friendly to everybody!

Thanks.. I welded a skeleton on the exterior and built 4by6 timbers inside so I would have some wood to nail to without making holes. It only has about 16" of dirt on top.

On the humidity ,you might try some 5# urethane foam insulation. Have someone come out and give you a price. Or that vinyl that is put on with contact cement that is used for flat roofs.

On the humidity ,you might try some 5# urethane foam insulation. Have someone come out and give you a price. Or that vinyl that is put on with contact cement that is used for flat roofs.
The thing I'm working on right now is a ventilation fan on a timer. I have a good exhaust fan that's high volume, and am deciding how to run the electric into it. I guess I'll put in a light while I'm at it. I'll only have it come on at night while it's cool. If that dosent dry it out enough I will break down and get a dehumidifier. It's just too wet to store much more than wine in it right now. Although that's ok, since I have 35 gallons fermenting right now, and have enough grapes frozen right now to do probably another 50 gallons. It's a lot more than I can ever drink, but is great for barter.

The last two weeks mostly consisted of working like a dog and spending money like crazy. So close to deer season i almost everyday find another item i have to have for the hunt. My choice of camo this year is realtree xtra green. What a coincident that sam's club had a insulated parka for sale in exact that Camo... Also the wife went on a medication shopping spree. The medic stockpile grows and grows. Other than that we try to stay alive with the 4h of sleep our infant is alowing us per night...

Other than that we try to stay alive with the 4h of sleep our infant is alowing us per night...

The sleepless nights of youg Parent hood , thoes were the days .
I did pick up 7 nice vintage oil lamps on Ebay fot $7 . Stopped by Walmart and bought 2 bottles of lamp oil to go with them .

P
The sleepless nights of youg Parent hood , thoes were the days .
I did pick up 7 nice vintage oil lamps on Ebay fot $7 . Stopped by Walmart and bought 2 bottles of lamp oil to go with them .
I bought a couple new ones at Walmart, but would rather have some old ones any day. I love antiques, and would have them all over the house if my wife would let me get away with it. Usable ones just makes them all the better.

i have my oil lamps placed throughout the house.i looked through out the house before placing them into their present locations.this way,my mom won't complain too much,if at all..i still need locate some place that has the correct size burners for 3 of them.and i need more lamp oil..cant have to much of a good thing.. :rolleyes:

i have my oil lamps placed throughout the house.i looked through out the house before placing them into their present locations.this way,my mom won't complain too much,if at all..i still need locate some place that has the correct size burners for 3 of them.and i need more lamp oil..cant have to much of a good thing.. :rolleyes:
I try to pick up something each payday for preps, no matter how small. I'll put another bottle of lamp oil on my list.
I just assembled a new gas grill this morning. I actually bought it over a year ago while on clearance, but kept using my old one till it is just about shot. I need to get the connections so I can use it with the 500 gal tank I set up. I have three portable tanks for it, but connecting to the big tank just makes sense. I am trying to get able to function without electricity for an extended period of time during an emergency. After power and cooking, hot water is high up on my list of comforts. Mayby not a necessity to most, but is pretty close to me. I can't stand a cold shower!

Latest posts

Back