Ebola patient coming to Atlanta

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Loomis

remember that the masks are ONE use only. Make sure the seal around your face is secure when using it. Also, once it is used, you can assume you can't use it again.

Thats what we did during the SARS period in Singapore. Be careful and be well.
Ok, Thanks. I figured that but wasn't sure. I'll make sure they are a tight fit. When I hear of cases in Atlanta popping up I'll buy a case.
Thanks Again.

np @Loomis

We had that scare during the SARS crisis in 2003 and then a little less serious haze over the last few years.

We learnt alot as a nation about n95 masks and virulent dieseases.

Having a case is good, make sure you get an AIR PURIFIER with HEPA filters in the house too. During the pandemic, have the whole family sleep in the room with the purifier.

Is that with the ironizing effect? I had one with that years ago and it killed my lungs, why I don't know. I had to get rid of it. Is that the same one your referring to?
Right now I'm having more of a hard time keeping my nebulizer sanitized so I don't end up with a upper respiratory infection and back to the hospital again. I have a better chance of getting hit with space junk.

Middle of the day and we still don't "know" if the NYC suspected case is Ebola or not, plus, now NO mention anywhere on CNN of it, and even the other mainstream sites seem to have shoved it aside. Could be either good or bad, but I have to think they're stalling. Even one case in NYC could cost the city a LOT in lost travel. Even alternative news doesn't seem to know.
I heard a quiet little blurb about it at 7pm this evening on the radio, Gaz. Just that they are still waiting for test results.

@Loomis

eh .. not too sure. We use the Air Purifiers here to kill the germs in the air and the dust particles from the haze.

If it harms you, due to certain health conditions, you really have to take care of yourself. Don't rub your eyes with your bare hands until you've washed them. Use the 7 step washing method for washing hands. Minimal human to human physical contact. Don't get people sneeze or cough unto you blah blah

np @Loomis

We had that scare during the SARS crisis in 2003 and then a little less serious haze over the last few years.

Having a case is good, make sure you get an AIR PURIFIER with HEPA filters in the house too. During the pandemic, have the whole family sleep in the room with the purifier.
@Myrrph
I remember that about the SARS. Did the WHO play any significant part in that? I hear a lot about Dr. Margaret Chan, Director-General. Seems she has a lot of power in the health world.

I was working in a school then. School was closed for 2 weeks for the students. Final year exams were cancelled and all sorts of safe guards were implemented.

It was a trying time. Thats one of the reasons that got me into prepping in the first place.

Just that they are still waiting for test results.

That's the problem though. Why the wait? Are they stalling? There's a field test for it that can be done in real time. Should be no wait like this. That's why I call BS. The two patients in Atlanta were both identified with the rapid field test, so why not this guy? See what I mean? BS.

That's the problem though. Why the wait? Are they stalling? There's a field test for it that can be done in real time. Should be no wait like this. That's why I call BS. The two patients in Atlanta were both identified with the rapid field test, so why not this guy? See what I mean? BS.
Oh, I'm with you on that, Gaz. How many people are there in NY? I bet a lot more than the 6 million in Atlanta. I'll bet they are more prone to panic, too.

Again the quiet little side note on the news tonight that the patient at Mount Sinai was negative for Ebola. There are so many conspiracy theories now.

Yeah. Finally came out with it. Still not feeling great about going to ATL this month....lol.

Don't get me wrong, I love Atlanta. We go every year for DragonCon, so I'm really looking forward to it. I just really hope they didn't screw up admitting those patients. That center is one of 4 in the nation best equipped to deal with it, so keeping fingers crossed. Just that when you see so many docs dying of it (who know better than anyone how to protect against it), kind of makes you worry just a little bit... Though not enough to cancel my trip!

Don't get me wrong, I love Atlanta. We go every year for DragonCon, so I'm really looking forward to it. I just really hope they didn't screw up admitting those patients. That center is one of 4 in the nation best equipped to deal with it, so keeping fingers crossed. Just that when you see so many docs dying of it (who know better than anyone how to protect against it), kind of makes you worry just a little bit... Though not enough to cancel my trip!
Well, I can assure you nobody in Atlanta likes two people with the most deadly virus known to man parked in there back yard. Lets hope they don't mess up.

Interesting articles. It all depends on two things. The first if it escapes from confines here in Atlanta or elsewhere, or second, somebody brings it in.

np @Loomis

@Myrrph During that time did the health officials there ever suggest a brand of N95 mask that you know of?

Latest posts

Back