Ebola patient coming to Atlanta

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup, I can just imagine how the top brass are laughing one's head off...jeeeeiiiii,we'll get our ebola-weapon, and there's no risk in getting it ;)

If you read each of the articles coming from American sources, they are really light on details and continue to stress that it is not airborne, nor is it contagious when the person who has it is not having active symptoms. But if you continue to search, you will find other articles that state that they do not know when a person becomes contagious and that people who do recover from it remain contagious for several months afterwards. And in Canada, they've already proven that it can travel without physical contact. http://globalbiodefense.com/2012/11/19/canadian-study-shows-airborne-transmission-of-ebola/
What I have only seen in one article that I cannot find again is that more than 50 aid workers in Africa have died from Ebola. And, I just read that the top Ebola doctor in Sierra Leone has died from it. http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/30/us-health-ebola-africa-idUSKBN0FY1H420140730
There are 5 known different strains of Ebola, which is concrete evidence that this is a virus that mutates. I believe it to be utmost irresponsibility not to shut down travel completely to and from the affected areas - including not allowing Peace Corps and other aid workers to evacuate - and to intentionally bring this disease to America. What Jontte said about "6 million being a small price to pay" really struck me as just one more example of how little regard our government has for the safety of it's people.
I must be missing one strain of Ebola. So far I have;
1) Sudan
2) Zaire
3) Ivory Coast
4) Reston (Asia)
5) ?
Fill me in please.

I must be missing one strain of Ebola. So far I have;
1) Sudan
2) Zaire
3) Ivory Coast
4) Reston (Asia)
5) ?
Fill me in please.
This current version is the 5th, Loomis. I don't think they've named it yet but I could have either missed it or just not seen that article yet.

And, keep in mind that the CDC, in Atlanta, makes mistakes. In June, potentially 86 employees were exposed to Anthrax. Accidents happen, people get complacent and skip protocols and viruses mutate. Everyone living near there should be extremely careful, avoid health facilities if at all possible and keep your ears and eyes wide open.
It looks like they are already making mistakes. They are passing this off like it's a flu and nothing else.
In any event I went on the web and purchased a box of N95 Face masks for Ebola, MERS, flu and other airborne virus protection.

It looks like they are already making mistakes. They are passing this off like it's a flu and nothing else.
In any event I went on the web and purchased a box of N95 Face masks for Ebola, MERS, flu and other airborne virus protection.
You do realize you are the Atlanta contact for all of us here at DPF. If anything happens, you should be the first to know and we are counting on you to let us know. And while we wait, we are praying that no mistakes are made and everyone there, especially you, remain safe and healthy.

@Loomis

remember that the masks are ONE use only. Make sure the seal around your face is secure when using it. Also, once it is used, you can assume you can't use it again.

Thats what we did during the SARS period in Singapore. Be careful and be well.

When we go to, then come back from Atlanta at the end of the month, if one of us has a headache or fever, we're getting tested for Ebola. I don't care if I come off as paranoid. Any doc who refuses, I'm sneezing at them, then asking if he wants to roll the dice and feel lucky. :D

Interesting. Seems the two who got flown to Atlanta were given some experimental new drug (Zmapp) and so far, seems to be turning it around at least for these two. (story on CNN).

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html

ZMapp has not been approved for human use, and has not even gone through the clinical trial process, which is standard to prove the safety and efficacy of a medication. The process by which the medication was made available to Brantly and Writebol is highly unusual. It may have fallen under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's "compassionate use" regulation, which allows access to investigational drugs outside clinical trials.

Unfortunately, Mapp Biopharmaceutical is NOT a publicly held company (any longer). Damn. First thing I did was check into stock options.

Always helps to check the trade papers.
Interesting timing....

The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) has announced intentions to award a sole source modification to current contract HDTRA1-13-C-0018 to MAPP Biopharmaceutical in support of Ebola countermeasures.

The award is a follow-on to a current contract which focuses on development of a monoclonal antibody cocktail for Ebola Zaire. The proposed work comprises specific, additional tasks which are justified by the promising results from the work already conducted under the current contract.

The additional funding will be used to prepare and submit an Investigational New Drug (IND) application package to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for ZMappTM and to provide sufficient quantity of the therapeutic to perform a Phase 1 clinical safety study.

These additional tasks will be performed within the current period of performance of 12 months. The work being added will be done so on a cost plus fixed fee basis

- See more at: http://globalbiodefense.com/2014/07...rded-funding-ebola-drug/#sthash.bHiygryi.dpuf

Article is July 30th.

the timing couldn't have been more precise than this....those guys should start gambling...

Sounds like they are...and seems like it paid off.

Oh, and....

Unfortunately, Mapp Biopharmaceutical is NOT a publicly held company (any longer). Damn. First thing I did was check into stock options.

But the company that bought them IS public. (Allergen, Inc.). ;)

gonna buy some shares???
they might be worth some serious money...

Yeah, hopefully. But will have to wait until after our trip. This ZMapp just seemed to really do the trick. Serious investors will probably hold off until after the human trials, but so far, looks rather revolutionary. In addition, this company has its fingers in many different malady pies, so may not be a one trick pony.

How is it the next day, and we STILL don't know whether or not the patient in NYC has Ebola?

Middle of the day and we still don't "know" if the NYC suspected case is Ebola or not, plus, now NO mention anywhere on CNN of it, and even the other mainstream sites seem to have shoved it aside. Could be either good or bad, but I have to think they're stalling. Even one case in NYC could cost the city a LOT in lost travel. Even alternative news doesn't seem to know.

Latest posts

Back