Ebola patient coming to Atlanta

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think maybe I won't have to worry about this much longer because there is so much chaos in the world right now. This is the icing on the cake. I'm going to worry myself into a heart attack and then I won't have to worry anymore. Does anyone have a small piece of land in the middle of nowhere that I could borrow for awhile?
The best advice I can give you is don't worry. The world has always had one crisis after another. Do be aware of what's going on, and take reasonable steps to protect yourself as best you can, but always remember to have some fun each day!

The best advice I can give you is don't worry. The world has always had one crisis after another. Do be aware of what's going on, and take reasonable steps to protect yourself as best you can, but always remember to have some fun each day!
I laughed today. When Jontte posted that it is airborne since they are transporting it all over the world by plane.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-...-americans-with-respiratory-illnesses/5394419

Here's another consideration: If the 2 people who have Ebola are brought to the US and they recover, will they remain in quarantine for the 2 months following their illness while they are still contagious?
Just remember, the CDC has this under control. Lol. I sincerely hope even they are smart enough to know to to keep them isolated. I'm not sure if anyone knows the chances of the virus staying dormant in someone for long periods, waiting to wake back up down the road. Remember, this and the other doctors that are gone now, were taking all the known precautions. In other words, they are not as certain of anything as they say.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-...-americans-with-respiratory-illnesses/5394419

Here's another consideration: If the 2 people who have Ebola are brought to the US and they recover, will they remain in quarantine for the 2 months following their illness while they are still contagious?
I probably should have made two separate posts. It is important for people to understand that anyone who recovers from Ebola remains contagious for a very long time afterwards.
But the article that I linked to is a different scary aspect of this situation. Here is the body of that article:

As the Ebola outbreak continues to cause concern, President Barack Obama has signed an amendment to an executive order that would allow him to mandate the apprehension and detention of Americans who merely show signs of “respiratory illness.”

The executive order, titled Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases, amends executive order 13295, passed by George W. Bush in April 2003, which allows for the, “apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases.”

The amendment signed by Obama replaces subsection (b) of the original Bush executive order which referred only to SARS. Obama’s amendment allows for the detention of Americans who display,

“Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled.”

Although Ebola was listed on the original executive order signed by Bush, Obama’s amendment ensures that Americans who merely show signs of respiratory illness, with the exception of influenza, can be forcibly detained by medical authorities.

Although the quarantining of people suspected of being infected with the Ebola virus seems like a perfectly logical move, the actual preconditions for this to happen aren’t restricted to just those suffering from the disease.

As we highlighted earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has measures in place for dealing with an outbreak of a communicable disease which allow for the quarantine of “well persons” who “do not show symptoms” of the disease.

In addition, under the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, public health authorities and governors would be given expanded police powers to seize control of communications devices, public and private property, as well as a host of other draconian measures in the event of a public health emergency.

When the legislation was introduced, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons warned that it “could turn governors into dictators.”

I probably should have made two separate posts. It is important for people to understand that anyone who recovers from Ebola remains contagious for a very long time afterwards.
But the article that I linked to is a different scary aspect of this situation. Here is the body of that article:

As the Ebola outbreak continues to cause concern, President Barack Obama has signed an amendment to an executive order that would allow him to mandate the apprehension and detention of Americans who merely show signs of “respiratory illness.”

The executive order, titled Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases, amends executive order 13295, passed by George W. Bush in April 2003, which allows for the, “apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases.”

The amendment signed by Obama replaces subsection (b) of the original Bush executive order which referred only to SARS. Obama’s amendment allows for the detention of Americans who display,

“Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled.”

Although Ebola was listed on the original executive order signed by Bush, Obama’s amendment ensures that Americans who merely show signs of respiratory illness, with the exception of influenza, can be forcibly detained by medical authorities.

Although the quarantining of people suspected of being infected with the Ebola virus seems like a perfectly logical move, the actual preconditions for this to happen aren’t restricted to just those suffering from the disease.

As we highlighted earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has measures in place for dealing with an outbreak of a communicable disease which allow for the quarantine of “well persons” who “do not show symptoms” of the disease.

In addition, under the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, public health authorities and governors would be given expanded police powers to seize control of communications devices, public and private property, as well as a host of other draconian measures in the event of a public health emergency.

When the legislation was introduced, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons warned that it “could turn governors into dictators.”
All I know for sure is if there's an outbreak of any kind that is killing people, do not hesitate, head to your pre planned place immediately. As soon as it's confirmed by the medical community the roads will be closed. The national guard will have live ammo, and given the authority to use it. Just think about all the sci fy movies you've seen about such scenarios. Then imagine you're the one stopped and told you cannot leave. This is not a fantasy or paranoid conspiracy theory, it is a fact. The govt will declare some sort of marshal law and section off any area that they feel is a possible threat to the rest of the country. I don't even think it would work. By the time they know enough to quarantine an area, too many have moved thru allready. But they will do it to slow down the progression anyways. So pay attention to all the news you can, and be as pro active as you can. I plan to stay put and ride out anything other than a radioactive event. Staying put is a risky thing too as you don't know how bad a situation will get, but there are no certainties in life.

One patient just arrived at Emory Hospital in an ambulance followed by two private mini-vans. Once on Emory Hospital grounds they were met with Emory Security.
Here is an article worth reading. I was wondering also.
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-08-01/who-invited-ebola-to-atlanta
That is a well-written and thought-provoking article. Of course, no one will be held responsible if it spreads and the chances of it spreading seem to be fairly high. Please be careful down there.

One patient just arrived at Emory Hospital in an ambulance followed by two private mini-vans. Once on Emory Hospital grounds they were met with Emory Security.
Here is an article worth reading. I was wondering also.
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-08-01/who-invited-ebola-to-atlanta
I would imagine the govt was behind it. This is a newer strain of the disease, not the Zaire strain, which the cdc already has samples of. My guess is the govt wanted it for a chance to study it where we have more sophisticated equipment, rather than in a tent hospital in Africa. It can also be studied privately now, and not raise suspicions about why it is being studied. I hope someone is wanting to make a vaccine vs a weapon with it. Judging by some of the past actions by our military (weaponized anthrax for example), I wouldn't be suprised by the second option.
It is kind of mind boggling that they would bring it to a city of 6million!

if it gets loose,perhaps your government deems 6 million city contaminated a small price to pay for a ebola-weapon?
or am I to cynical about it?

I would imagine the govt was behind it. This is a newer strain of the disease, not the Zaire strain, which the cdc already has samples of. My guess is the govt wanted it for a chance to study it where we have more sophisticated equipment, rather than in a tent hospital in Africa. It can also be studied privately now, and not raise suspicions about why it is being studied. I hope someone is wanting to make a vaccine vs a weapon with it. Judging by some of the past actions by our military (weaponized anthrax for example), I wouldn't be suprised by the second option.
It is kind of mind boggling that they would bring it to a city of 6million!
I tend to think they are dealing with several strains and I agree with you it being used by the military as a weapon. I think,and this is only my opinion, is that this is continually mutating and that's why they want to study it. I don't think they can control it. Somebody will slip up somewhere.

That is a well-written and thought-provoking article. Of course, no one will be held responsible if it spreads and the chances of it spreading seem to be fairly high. Please be careful down there.
Looks like I'll be writing the book on this one. When to bug out and when to not. I'll write something up and post it, we can fill it in along the way. I'll be as careful as I can down here.

if it gets loose,perhaps your government deems 6 million city contaminated a small price to pay for a ebola-weapon?
or am I to cynical about it?
No, I don't think your too cynical about it. Just can't give you and answer. It is something to think about.

If you read each of the articles coming from American sources, they are really light on details and continue to stress that it is not airborne, nor is it contagious when the person who has it is not having active symptoms. But if you continue to search, you will find other articles that state that they do not know when a person becomes contagious and that people who do recover from it remain contagious for several months afterwards. And in Canada, they've already proven that it can travel without physical contact. http://globalbiodefense.com/2012/11/19/canadian-study-shows-airborne-transmission-of-ebola/
What I have only seen in one article that I cannot find again is that more than 50 aid workers in Africa have died from Ebola. And, I just read that the top Ebola doctor in Sierra Leone has died from it. http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/30/us-health-ebola-africa-idUSKBN0FY1H420140730
There are 5 known different strains of Ebola, which is concrete evidence that this is a virus that mutates. I believe it to be utmost irresponsibility not to shut down travel completely to and from the affected areas - including not allowing Peace Corps and other aid workers to evacuate - and to intentionally bring this disease to America. What Jontte said about "6 million being a small price to pay" really struck me as just one more example of how little regard our government has for the safety of it's people.

So let me get this clarified, Ebola is said to only be spread through contact of bodily fluids, but we have doctors getting sick who most likely have not come in contact with such fluids. So It's believed that this virus is "airborne" in the sense that water droplets suspended in the air can carry the virus. Am I correct so far?

So let me get this clarified, Ebola is said to only be spread through contact of bodily fluids, but we have doctors getting sick who most likely have not come in contact with such fluids. So It's believed that this virus is "airborne" in the sense that water droplets suspended in the air can carry the virus. Am I correct so far?
And, keep in mind that the CDC, in Atlanta, makes mistakes. In June, potentially 86 employees were exposed to Anthrax. Accidents happen, people get complacent and skip protocols and viruses mutate. Everyone living near there should be extremely careful, avoid health facilities if at all possible and keep your ears and eyes wide open.

and pray...and prep...and be ready to skip the neighbourhood...

if a doctor who's supposed to be an expert gets it and I do belive like tntboy13,that they do knew the protocols...er're in for a big surprise...not a good one but big one

It does seem incredibly irresponsible to bring it this close to 6million people. As I said before, the military had to have an interest in it for them to allow it.

Latest posts

Back