What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had fried bologna for lunch. Sometimes a little ‘mystery meat’ is pretty good when it’s fried!
Ummm "mystery meat". I worked for many years in shithole countries around the world. And one of the things that I learned pretty quickly was to never look too closely at my food. And never ask what it was!

I cooked an old pack of ramen noodles and put in the oldest can of chicken I had. Chopped up some green onions from the garden and added some left over green beans. It wasnt bad and very filling.

I did add some Louisiana hot sauce and Tony's creole seasoning.

I had 2 whole chickens I took out freezer that needed cooking. One I made rosemary chicken with carrots, the other I put in pressure cooker for a chicken stew and gravy. I also made potatoes 2 ways, made a potato salad and mashed potatoes with gravy. I oven baked asparagus and Brussels sprouts in olive oil, sea salt, cracked black pepper, Mrs. dash garlic herb sesoning and grated parmesan cheese. We will eat one of each today and the other tomorrow.

I had leftover pizza, fish and shrimp. My wife made a chicken pot pie today that I will try in just a little bit here. Smells good anyways. It was supposed to rain all day so I put away the tractor and tools away and just stayed inside all day. Was good to get some rest at least but have been snacking all day.

Tonight I'm planning on leftover sloppy Joes. I usually don't get to the house until after 8 so I need something that I can easily heat up on the wood stove. Lunch today was 3 oranges, a banana and an apple. And I had to share the banana and apple with the dog! At least he quit drinking beer a couple years ago so I don't have to share everything with the mutt.

With all the new Preppers this pandemic has brought out all the pinto beans were bought up . So we are having a pot of blackeye peas , rice and cornbread .
I guess all the pinto beans are here at my Walmart. It's pretty much the only beans I've seen here for a few weeks, other than a few weird kinds. Blackeye peas with cornbread is a solid choice though.
I made chili today today. I used a little ground beef and a little ground turkey because that's what I had. I think it turned out okay. I do put beans in my chili but not a lot. After I made it I realized I don't have any crackers to eat it with. I'll probably make some tomorrow.

With all the new Preppers this pandemic has brought out all the pinto beans were bought up .
One of my most basic preps. Dried and canned. I keep the dried ones in the freezer to keep them from going rancid, and had a hard time explaining to my wife why I had a bunch of dried beans in the freezer.

Made some fried Bannock bread in the cast iron skillet, made some BBQ sauce with honey, marinaded some spare ribs overnight, put the meat into a broiler, potatoes and fresh onions on top of the ribs, BBQ over the whole and baked it 3 hours real slow. Went down with 9.7% Russian beer and 51% moonshine made from pears in 2017. GP

I'm making a grilled cheese. Don't know what I'll eat with it. Sometimes I need something easy.

Grilled cheese sandwich is like my fallback meal, LOL. I had some really good provolone before that made a scrumptious grilled cheese sandwich, but the provolone I have now doesn't melt well and just doesn't make a proper grilled cheese. It's OK on like a chicken sandwich (which is what I had for supper).

jealous of your bread, gonna do the same tomorrow. We put 6 different veggies in a baking bag with spices and mozarella cheese and baked it for 1 1/2 hours at only 150°.
White wine and veggis. GP
That sounds great except you forgot the meat! Lol. There’s a reason I have clogged arteries.....

Did a chuck roast in the instapot just a little while ago. Added potatoes, onions and carrots at the end there. I cooked them for 6 minutes and they were perfect. I really like this thing now. Made gravy in the pot after spooning out the meat and vegetables. I used to mix it all together but now I keep the gravy separate and just add it to what I’m eating. This way I can make rice or mashed potatoes for it when I finish the roast. I worked in the yard most of the day today, showered and ate my fill. Now I’m soaking in the hot tub and sipping a glass of wine. It’s almost six now but I don’t even care, I’m heading for bed shortly now. With the world the way it is now I can set any schedule I like now.

Latest posts

Back