What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fried a pound of bacon. Afterward I Drained most of the grease and fried a batch of sliced potatoes. Half way thru I added sliced zucchini and yellow squash to it. I had an ear of corn on the Cobb too. I made this just a couple days ago but fried foods are so good to me that I was craving it again. I’m sipping on a second beer now and will likely be asleep in half an hour. A really good way to end the day.

Crock pot full of pintos and side meat on . Will make cornbread and a cherry cobbler later to go with them .
This sounds really good. I need to make cornbread sometime soon. It's been way too long since I had it.

I tried a new recipe I found for chili based on lentils. There were vegetarian versions but that was a little too hardcore for me so I put ground turkey in mine. I also added a can of mixed beans. I used "chili ready" tomatoes and some some salsa to add a little extra flavor. It is actually pretty good.

This sounds really good. I need to make cornbread sometime soon. It's been way too long since I had it.

I tried a new recipe I found for chili based on lentils. There were vegetarian versions but that was a little too hardcore for me so I put ground turkey in mine. I also added a can of mixed beans. I used "chili ready" tomatoes and some some salsa to add a little extra flavor. It is actually pretty good.
Homemade chili and cornbread is always a winner.

Stir fried Chinese eggplant with ground pork, green onions and sweet chili sauce over rice. This is one of those dishes that sets off your endorphins like an opioid drug, LOL. Too bad the high only lasts a few minutes.

aJWFojE.jpg

Put a large thick flank steak in a Dutch oven . Covered it in yellow potatoes , carrots , salt , pepper , onion , red pepper flakes , a stick of butter . Baked 2 hours at 400 .
This sounds really good.

We had a "social distanced" gathering of a few people at a friend's house with barbecue take-out from a local place.

I thick sliced some potatoes and baked in the oven with olive oil and spices until a bit crispy, also baked some skinless and boneless chicken thighs that were brushed with barbecue sauce at the end. A thick slice of a grain bread toasted and buttered along with an ear of corn. Now I’m having a glass of wine in the hot tub. Great way to end the day.

Latest posts

Back