What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made meatballs, cooked Italian sausage, cooked a tomato meat sauce for 4 hours. All this over spaghetti. With some Italian garlic bread. I also made a strawberry short cake for dessert, DD ;)

Great minds think alike. My strawberries were even from Ponchatoula from the last time I was home!

We found some wild onions while walking the dog, added some potatos and bacon, wrapped some chicken breasts in a spice wrap and fried them. Set some dandelion blooms into olive oil for a massage oil for Helena. Set the bucket up on the birch water hook again. Collected some plantain, dandelion, nettles and birch leaves to make some cough syrup again. Got the dehydrator running with the birch leaf tea. Re-checked the cellar, wrote some dates on the boxes and canned stuff so as to be able to read them better. Emptied two camping coolers to make space for a new batch of flour, oats, rice and beans at the end of the month. Bought some TP from the local Turkish store and found out it is so cheap, if you just blow your nose with it folded to 4 layers, it still rips. Can not imagine using it for its original purpose...Brought up some canned bell peppers from 2017 and some pesta from 2013. Both were still good. Brought up 3 lbs of rice from 2017 and another lb of coffee from 2017 will be using it in the next few weeks also.

We're going to have breakfast for supper, LOL

It's going to be a hybrid between a Full Southern breakfast and a Full English Breakfast.
Grits
Fried Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Sauteed Mushrooms
Sauteed Tomatoes
Beans
Toast

And copious amounts of Louisiana Hot Sauce. :D
JFL0Fmk.jpg

Last edited:

It's going to be a hybrid between a Full Southern breakfast and a Full English Breakfast.
Grits
Fried Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Sauteed Mushrooms
Sauteed Tomatoes
Beans
Toast

JFL0Fmk.jpg
Now I want some grits with eggs and bacon. I think I'll have some for breakfast tomorrow.

Grits
Fried Eggs
Bacon
Sausage
Sauteed Mushrooms
Sauteed Tomatoes
Beans
Toast

JFL0Fmk.jpg
Last minute additions: Blackberry jam for the toast and a glass of Cabernet.
I made the mistake of saving the sausage for last and was too full to eat it. LOL.

Hunny came home early from his job. . . he came home to me making my normal breakfast/lunch. He tells me I dont know what you just ate but I feel it. . . LOL nothing unusual. Sauteed some onions, peppers in butter than add in some tomatoes and garlic. Addi in some scrambled eggs. Sometimes I put in some sausage first to cook, Then I put on a tortilla, sprinkle some cheese and roll up in a tortilla while still on stove.

I defrosted a 2.5lb package of ground chuck. I made some seasoned taco meat with half of it and some hamburger patties with the other half. Either are loaded with onion, lettuce, tomato and other condiments. I like a salad on top of every burger or taco so I can try to talk myself into thinking they are healthy! The only thing I miss is I didn’t have the stuff to make guacamole. Anyways I’m good for a couple days here. Will probably make some nachos for today too. I’ve been so busy with projects here that I try to cook things that will last a couple days at least.
Oh, I did take a large chuck roast and made a big batch of jerky. The chuck is a little fatty so you have to trim out as much as you can for jerky. I think I lost 25% of it trimming. Definitely one of my favorite snacks.

Potatoes, cut in half, hollowed out, filled with ground beef and spices, laid on a bed of mixed rice and baked in the oven for an hour. Some extra gravy on the side to make sure it does not turn out too dry if the rice soaked up all the water. Danish beer with 10% whammy stuff in it. Cheese flavored Bugels on the side too. GP

Latest posts

Back