What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eating ham for Christmas and Easter dinner was a way to show Faith in The Living Word of Christ . Words that come from the mouth is the offence not food that goes in . So as most of the World said eating pork made you unclean Christians served ham as example of Faith .
We had country ham , eggs , grits , homemade biscuits and coffee for breakfast and baking a ham for Easter dinner .

I love to cook, well at least eat, but have been lazy today. Nothing special for the holiday today. Made a big omelette for breakfast and a grilled cheese for lunch. I’m just foraging for leftovers for the rest of the day. With all I’ve been eating lately I can afford to skip a meal or two anyways.

Creamy crawfish boil soup. We made a soup from the leftover crayfish boil from week before last, I took a container out the freezer. Its basically like a shrimp and corn soup, you cut up all the celery, onion, garlic and sauteed in butter. Add corn, potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms from the boil, add heavy whipping cream, cream of mushroom, cream of celery. Bring it to a boil, add peeled crawfish tails, let it return to boil and immediately simmer. It's so good with French bread.

You can find the recipe online.

Last edited:
Creamy crawfish boil soup. We made a soup from the leftover crayfish boil from week before last, I took a container out the freezer. Its basically like a shrimp and corn soup, you cut up all the corn, celery, onion, garlic, potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms from the boil, add heavy whipping cream, cream of mushroom, cream of celery. Butter. Bring it to a boil, add peeled crawfish tails, let it return to boil and immediately simmer. It's so good with French bread.

Oh My Lord that sounds WONDERFUL :cool:

Some sort of chicken dish is on the stove. I'm not sure what yet.
She says it's "鹵雞" sounds kind of like Lu Ji, but I can't pronounce it right to save my life, LOL
She says it means "Stewed Chicken". Google translate says it means "Braised Chicken."

It's not what I call "stewed" more like boiled with hot peppers and other spices after being sauteed.

Does this chili have beans or no beans on top of spaghetti noodles?
I don’t use as many beans as my mother did but yes it does have regular chili beans. I also double the ground beef in it. Lots of garlic, onion, pepper and other spices. The sauce is a little thinner than regular chili but full of flavor. Like I posted on another thread the noodles make it into a hardy meal on its own. It also gets better after sitting mixed in the fridge for a day or two....

Latest posts

Back