This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the goals I have is to set up a way to fill from my 500gal tank to smaller tanks

Brent, I had a liquid withdraw valve and pump installed on my big tanks, I had it installed when I purchased the tank, if I done it myself they wouldn’t have filled up the tank. It cost me $300 dollars more for the tank but it included everything, if an LP guy comes out it may cost you more than the $300. It’s always better to have this setup before tank delivery.

Went to the grocery store this morning and spend 30$ on some canned goods. 4 cans or spam some soup, fruit, vegetables more tuna and a bag of rice. I want to get my food and water to a plush two week supply for my wife me and my dog than I’m going to store extra gasoline and larger propane tanks. I have 7 gallons of camp gas and a Colman duel fuel so I’m good there for now.

Went to the grocery store this morning and spend 30$ on some canned goods. 4 cans or spam some soup, fruit, vegetables more tuna and a bag of rice. I want to get my food and water to a plush two week supply for my wife me and my dog than I’m going to store extra gasoline and larger propane tanks. I have 7 gallons of camp gas and a Colman duel fuel so I’m good there for now.
Doing a little each trip to the store builds up over time and doesn’t hurt the budget too bad.

Finally brought our new refrigerator home and set up today. We've been living out of ice chests since September. I only run the generator a few hours in the morning and a few hours at night, so I don't know how well the fridge will work yet. We had some freezing rain and snow today and it was very difficult getting up our road, came close to sliding off the road in a couple places. Tomorrow we're going to pick up another cabinet and countertop to finish the kitchen. Then I'll make some more shelves, add some trim and the cabin will be just about finished. I'll park the tractor a couple miles down the road just in case I have problems getting back home.

Finally got around to turning my reloading components into ammo! Loaded 350 38spl with 125gr Hornady XTP for both my sp101 and GP100.

For my 308 I loaded 100 rounds of 175 match Kings

And now I’m currently prepping 400 more 308 cases and ruffly 500-600 pieces of 223 brass that will be loaded with 77gr CC

Fells good to finally start stocking the shelf’s again

Have canned up a couple different soups, chicken noodle and south of the boarder stew then to finish off the third load, did up some pork n beans. Canning shelves are getting pretty darn full now.
The garden actually recover nicely from the last freeze we had. Guess taking off the damaged leaves helped. We have had nice weather for the last couple days, but come tomorrow, we are back to low 30s again.
Milk cow Betsey got AI'd Friday last week so hoping she took. We'll hopefully be able to tell in a little over a couple weeks. She is in with her heifer calf.
I am expecting Polly Anna to have her kids tonight or by tomorrow sometime. I left the middle pasture open tonight so she can go into that barn to get away from the rest of the goats. She sure was vocal at feeding time.
I have finally started making a quilt for our bed. Just started a couple days ago, so have a long way before I am done. The oldest son and his wife have been trying for years on a baby. They have decided to do the invetro and see how that works for them. 8 eggs have been harvested and fertilized. Momma to he's hormone level is too high for implanting so will try after the first of Feb and have 2. I will gladly put away what I am working on to make a couple baby quilts. :)
This Nana is taking the drive to go spend time with her Sweet Pea in the morning.

We have a Berky and I have 3 different pump/ gravity filters that we use for backpacking would like to get a larger backpacking system. I borrowed a larger katdyne on a week long elk hunt it was nice not having to pump smaller amounts.
The Berkey is the king of home based filters! I got some extra ceramic filters for mine recently in case I break one. Thanks for reminding me as I would like to get a set of the charcoal ones too just as an extra safety measure. I try to encourage anyone that will listen of the importance of clean water.

Whew! I narrowly escaped a major disaster today. About noon time my son called me and asked me if I knew what day it was. I glanced at the calendar and had a holy s—t moment. It was my wife’s birthday. So, he got the cake and ice cream and I ran out and got the largest box of chocolates I have ever seen, and a few other things. We pulled it off and no one is in the dog house or feeling neglected. The moral of this story is don’t get so busy that you forget the important things in life! And write things on a calendar if you need to as well.

Picked up two more cans of spam.
1 can chicken noodle soup
280z can baked beans
3 cans tuna
2 cans pork and beans
2 cans organic split pea soup for my very healthy eating wife
2 cans fruit cocktail
2 cans of green beans
4lb bag of pinto beans.

Next trip I’m going to focus more on canned fruits and vegetables just to even my small stash out a bit more. And hopefully a 20 bag of rice but need to get proper storage for it first

Picked up two more cans of spam.
1 can chicken noodle soup
280z can baked beans
3 cans tuna
2 cans pork and beans
2 cans organic split pea soup for my very healthy eating wife
2 cans fruit cocktail
2 cans of green beans
4lb bag of pinto beans.

Next trip I’m going to focus more on canned fruits and vegetables just to even my small stash out a bit more. And hopefully a 20 bag of rice but need to get proper storage for it first
Mason jars are great for dry canning things like rice and beans. Another plus is you can use them over and over. Oxygen absorbers are great to put in them but you can just use your oven too. There are some threads here that touch on dry canning but lots of info on the internet too. I even use the mason jars for drinking glasses and freezer storage too.

I got some sound reduction ear muffs for target practice and some safety glasses. I made my lunches for the week, put gas in my car for the week, and cleaned out my car.
Shooting without hearing protection damaged My hearing 40 yeas ago . It prevented Me from joining the Military and Im still tone deaf I cant hear high pitch alarms or soft voices . Always teach new shooters to wear hearing protection .

converting my "spare" room to my prep room,as my oldest son moved out,some shelving to store "stuff" and so on...
Having your own Prepper room is awesome isn't it. When we moved into our house 2016 I made a room in the basement my Prepper room. Before I had gear all over, different rooms, garage etc.

My storage for food before was a walk in closet that was very tight and resulted in expired food.

Enjoy your space. I have a PDF rolled can food dispenser cabinet make your own plans I can upload it to the thread if you want it. It's one of the things on my library.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back