This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen that much green in weeks. Here's my outside:
187f53841eccb98b69cb83fa536e6615.jpg

A friend gave me two hams and two shoulders from a large buck he shot. So far I've only sliced both hams and have 5 gallon baggies full of meat for making jerky. I have the first batch in the dehydrator right now! I hope to have some ready by morning. I forgot how much work it was to clean all the meat, but it's well worth the effort. Luckily I have a slicer so at least that part is easy. I froze 4 of the bags, and will hopefully finish prepping the two shoulders tomorrow. I think one shoulder will just become a roast, although jerky is by far my favorite.

A friend gave me two hams and two shoulders from a large buck he shot. So far I've only sliced both hams and have 5 gallon baggies full of meat for making jerky. I have the first batch in the dehydrator right now! I hope to have some ready by morning. I forgot how much work it was to clean all the meat, but it's well worth the effort. Luckily I have a slicer so at least that part is easy. I froze 4 of the bags, and will hopefully finish prepping the two shoulders tomorrow. I think one shoulder will just become a roast, although jerky is by far my favorite.
Well, the first batch of jerky turned out great. This one was mostly soy, garlic, pepper, and onion. I kept it kind of mild to get something my wife could eat. The next batch will have a little kick to it, more to my taste. I forgot how good venison could be. I gave the guy who gave it to me a big bag of it. It never hurts to be appreciative.

Man, I miss making our own jerky. We did it as a kid in Alaska, and did it with salmon, deer, and caribou all the time. The smell of fresh salmon in the smoker is just....wow.....

Man, I miss making our own jerky. We did it as a kid in Alaska, and did it with salmon, deer, and caribou all the time. The smell of fresh salmon in the smoker is just....wow.....
I've never tried salmon or fish in the dehydrator or smoker before, but I say don't knock it till you try it. Veneson is awesome though! Caribou sounds pretty good too. Luckily I'll have plenty for a few weeks anyway. Guess I'm going to have to start hunting one of these days.

Marv,it may not be the most high tech rifle on the market...but it works..and works..and works :)
must re-supply my ammo stash for my mosin..well,next month or so,this week (and 5 more) will be somewhat busy,yet another practicum and exam,this time at the childrens hospital at the ER there...yup,never ever give fire works to kids,so many blown up hands and missing fingers :( but I wouldn't go to any other place we had to choose from,never have I met so great doctors that I have there,they take the time and teach little me too,this little paramedic to be :)

well,we're gonna eat at one place called traditions.in tyler tx.they got good food there :) then to a place in jacksonville for a new monitor for my pc,seeing how im useing a small screen tv at the time..

Latest posts

Back