This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
round two with my beloved firearms police,got a call from them today; do you wanna pick up your buying permit from here ( we have a postal strike) so tomorrow I'll get the papers and then there's an auction held by the police here of given and confiscated guns on the 5 of december, I've never ever been to an auction so I don't know how it will go,but I have my sights on some mosins.M44 and if I'm lucky the prize will be okay.

do I have the patience to wait for that auction????
would love to buy that gun today,but there's 5 items of interest there..it's like being in a candy store with your money and just looking around ;)

and today my dear brother asked for the first time;do you really eat that much pasta and rice in week??? as I only get groceries for one.

Last edited:
well,my stock would keep me alive and fed around 6-8 months now, even longer if I ration it,without any troubles,for my dog I need to get more.

well.i finally found one burner for my oil lamps.now i need 2 more..it's looking like everyone is discontinuing the one i need..

My wife dosent like the smell of fermenting wine (I can't imagine why :) ), so I jury rigged a quick vent system where it exhausts the carbon dioxide (and smells) outside. And yes I know what some are thinking, man, that guys an alcoholic! No I don't drink all this! I give some to friends, and I'm stocking my root cellar. Parties at my house this weekend! :)
image.jpg

My wife dosent like the smell of fermenting wine (I can't imagine why :) ), so I jury rigged a quick vent system where it exhausts the carbon dioxide (and smells) outside. And yes I know what some are thinking, man, that guys an alcoholic! No I don't drink all this! I give some to friends, and I'm stocking my root cellar. Parties at my house this weekend! :)View attachment 4848
We missed our flight would have loved to be there.

but got me some glow-sticks,a new gun bag,paid 10euros for it at that flee market (60 euros as new),this haven't seen any action,so it's like new.

Well, I cut down most of the plants in the greenhouse, and tilled some of it. I'm going to plant some lettuces and carrots shortly. This was the last of falls plants harvest. So tonight I'm doing roasted garlic potatoes, stuffed green peppers, fried green tomatoes and a salad with that huge carrot and beets. Kind of sad to see the end of the main growing season. Luckily I've got loads of green beans, tomatoes, carrots, peas, and apples canned. I've also got a lot of veggies frozen in the vacume bags as well. I may not starve to death, but fresh stuff always tastes best. Those red potatoes were just some that sprouted after the main harvest this summer. I call em freebies. Oh, and of course a glass of muscadine wine as well! .
image.jpg

Left Tuesday night and finally made it "home" to our BOL about 0030 yesterday morning. Got stuck in a snowstorm so the trip took an extra 18 hours longer than expected. Clear and sunny this morning and 10 degs. Going to look for a travel trailer next week to live in until I can build the house. Now we're only about 6 hours away from the kids and new grand baby.

Left Tuesday night and finally made it "home" to our BOL about 0030 yesterday morning. Got stuck in a snowstorm so the trip took an extra 18 hours longer than expected. Clear and sunny this morning and 10 degs. Going to look for a travel trailer next week to live in until I can build the house. Now we're only about 6 hours away from the kids and new grand baby.
Glad you made it safely. 'Only six hours' from the kids sounds like a long way to me, but compared to Alaska, the perspective changes. :)

It's a breezy, cold overcast day. Yuk! Tonight will be the first dip in the 20's this winter. I've pretty much moved in on the porch already. This is where I plan to spend much of the winter.
image.jpg

yeah.it's suppose to get into the 30's here.and i have a feeling i'll be spending most of my time close to the heater,this winter..and some of the highs.will be in the 50's.but with high winds at least,most of the time..

yeah.it's suppose to get into the 30's here.and i have a feeling i'll be spending most of my time close to the heater,this winter..and some of the highs.will be in the 50's.but with high winds at least,most of the time..
Well, the porch is far from finished, but at least the stove is functional :). I had to make a heat shield for the window. It's about two feet away, but the glass and vinyl were getting way to hot. Luckily I had a large piece of sheet metal, so I just hung it on some lag screws, leaving an air space behind it. In the spring I will take it down and stash it behind the stove.

good idea on the sheet metal..you gonna leave things as is? or change things around,so you don't have to worry about the over heating of the window?

good idea on the sheet metal..you gonna leave things as is? or change things around,so you don't have to worry about the over heating of the window?
Well, I don't have much choice here. The porch was only 8' and The stove is centered between the door and the window. There's pretty much no where to move to, not to mention the hole cut into the roof already. I hate covering a window, but at least it can come down in the spring. I could probably order a piece of tempered glass to cover it, but would be at least a couple hundred bucks with a frame to hang it. At least I'd still have that light from that window. For now I'm working with materials I already have. Too bad I'm not rich, as with money you can buy a fix for anything.

Latest posts

Back