What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
This is the small fish pond I want to fence off and stock next spring with brim. I still need to dam the spillway to raise the water another foot or so.View attachment 2796

Looking good Brent. Love the bike. I don't ride much anymore, but that is a great stress break for you! As for the storm cellar, I didn't see a concrete footing sunk below the blocks...from the pic it does, just not sure, if you've done so...might want to consider doing that, provides a good base and will prevent the blocks from settling. If you did, then never mind my comment. Hard to see at the angle, friend.

Looking good Brent. Love the bike. I don't ride much anymore, but that is a great stress break for you! As for the storm cellar, I didn't see a concrete footing sunk below the blocks...from the pic it does, just not sure, if you've done so...might want to consider doing that, provides a good base and will prevent the blocks from settling. If you did, then never mind my comment. Hard to see at the angle, friend.
Yea it's there and rebar reinforced. I only poured the one in that picture, I just finished pouring the back one and set the vertical rebar. It would have been smart to pour all four sides of the footer at once, but I'm mixing by hand and this is more manageable for me. The only time I'll use a truck is when I pour the cells and ceiling all at once. I can also lay a row of block on it before the rain makes it all muddy this way. I've got a really strong design, the only thing I haven't got is a good plan for the door yet. Inward opening is a must, but that presents waterproofing issues. I'll deal with that issue down the road.

i love my garden so much i just have to show it off..LOL

002.JPG 003.JPG

Off task.. .Everytime I read the title to this thread, I hear Mommy Dearest Saying, "What have you done?" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!! That's terrible, isn't it?

Threadjack over....

the field is a part of this rent home property.its a hay field during the growing season.and a pasture for milking cows during the non growing season..and one thing i've noticed since the corn has come up good..is it blocks my view of the field while im sitting outside.so im gonna have to reocate the garden next year...

when the time comes.i enjoy the idea of them being use to coming around.plus i'll i'll go out away from here and hunt away from the house.so i'll be haveing deer up close to the house dureing the winter months.and all this after tshtf happens...

what an excellent idea, didn't think that far ahead, blame it being blonde and a city boy,though I hate the latter thing more and more, must definately do something about it

i'll be doing the same for other things of need as well.like going out 1/2 mile to a mile out for firewood.and work my way in towards the house.this way i wont have to travel to far during the winter..i have my blonde moments to.and here i am with brown hair...lol

smart move,you don't have to carry the whole load of firewood more than neccesary

the field is a part of this rent home property.its a hay field during the growing season.and a pasture for milking cows during the non growing season..and one thing i've noticed since the corn has come up good..is it blocks my view of the field while im sitting outside.so im gonna have to reocate the garden next year...
I'm still a rookie at growing things, but I am learning and getting better each year. One thing I've learned so far is I moved my garden about five times before finally settling on a spot. The problem is the most important thing in a garden is the soil. Each year you mulch it the soil I gets richer, and over time it will produce great. One thing you've got going for you is the cow manure. Over the winter collect and till in as much of the crap as you can get, pun intended. But every time you move the soil is starting from scratch again.

im already going with grass clippings.in which i'll continue with this growing season..and when the time comes.(this year) i'll have a new location picked out.and i'll start dumping clippings there.and at the end os this growing season.i'll remove the mulch and clippings from this years garden to next years garden.and just leave it untill next growing season.in which it all will get tilled into the soil

I'm still a rookie at growing things, but I am learning and getting better each year.
The very reason for started before STHF.

My land is in the middle of a cattle property, moo poo is everywhere, I can't drive into town without having to dodge the landmines :)

The very reason for started before STHF.

My land is in the middle of a cattle property, moo poo is everywhere, I can't drive into town without having to dodge the landmines :)
Yeah, I'm really glad to make all the mistakes while it's still a hobby, and not my only meal. I wish I had an easy source of the free fertilizer! The rabbits produce some, cows just do it on a much larger scale!

oh yeah..they use chicken manure for the hay fields here.so i can collect ehough of it to spread over the garden

oh yeah..they use chicken manure for the hay fields here.so i can collect ehough of it to spread over the garden
It's great stuff, a little strong for live plants but loads of nitrogen and perfect for tilling in over winter.

Latest posts

Back