What have you done?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you done to prepare for a catastrophe?

• Total voters
my garden is coming along slowly..i did got it going with my jom...lol

001.JPG

I've been hatching eggs in the incubator and increasing my stock of hens and meat from the roosters. Well, I have 1 really smart hen. She's scrawny, and older, but way smarter than the others, I call her 'my scrappy yard hen'. Well she disappeared about a month ago, (again). I had written her off to a neighborhood dog, when low and behold she came walking up with 8 new little chicks in tow! I've got another batch cooking in the incubator right now but will give it a rest after they hatch. I rounded them all up and put them in the nursery area in my coop. I won't mix them with the older birds until they are all big enough to defend themselves.
image.jpg

Nice! How does he like the goats?
She is fine with the goats. Problem is, my son's corgi has always been afraid of the goats. Now that he thinks he has an accomplice, well, let's just say he instigated some chasing of the goats around the yard and is now sulking in his crate for the evening. He will not be allowed out with the rottie again for a long while.

I also had another batch of bunnies. I'm not sure how many as mamma didn't want me to look too closely. The last litter was eight, and they are well weaned now. I just posted an add on craigslist to see if I can sell some of them, as pets or meat. I have a freezer full of meat allready so will need to find some outlets for the extra I'm producing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sometimes pet stores will buy them to sell as pets or to feed or sell as snake food. Or they'll post a notice in their store for you.

Ok this was my 'I lost my mind' moment and has nothing to do with prepping, but I went riding on it today and am so happy. This bike is so much more comfortable than my other one. I even have someone coming to look at that one tomorrow.
image.jpg

Ok, I've been busy! I just started laying some block in my storm shelter/root cellar. Still a long way to go, but good to see some progress.
image.jpg

the garden is looking good. I'm hoping for some corn this year. I've gotten so close, but have never had a good crop make it yet.
image.jpg

This is the small fish pond I want to fence off and stock next spring with brim. I still need to dam the spillway to raise the water another foot or so.
image.jpg

i've seen someone take whole bags of ready mix cement and lay them across their spillway.then just let the water that fills up the pond do the rest of the work..

i've seen someone take whole bags of ready mix cement and lay them across their spillway.then just let the water that fills up the pond do the rest of the work..
I've got a pile of dirt next to it allready, I just need time to work on it. After I fill it I'll line it with cement pavers to make a good long lasting spillway.

uploadfromtaptalk1403809586539.jpg

Mason jars, filled em 3 quartes with organic, GMO free, hand picked by me cherries, rock candy, a vanilla bean and fill up the rest with premium self made potato moonshine.
Lasts for ever, great barter, u just gotta love it.

View attachment 2805

Mason jars, filled em 3 quartes with organic, GMO free, hand picked by me cherries, rock candy, a vanilla bean and fill up the rest with premium self made potato moonshine.
Lasts for ever, great barter, u just gotta love it.
Sounds good, just remember, making any form of distilled alcohol is highly illegal, but those are really nice preserves!

Latest posts

Back