Update on chinese Coronavirus issue

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-its-so-freaking-hard-to-make-a-good-covid-19-model/
Why It’s So Freaking Hard To Make A Good COVID-19 Model
Here we are, in the middle of a pandemic, staring out our living room windows like aquarium fish. The question on everybody’s minds: How bad will this really get? Followed quickly by: Seriously, how long am I going to have to live cooped up like this?

We all want answers. And, given the volume of research and data being collected about the novel coronavirus, it seems like answers ought to exist.

There are certainly numbers out there. Trouble is, they’re kind of all over the place. For example, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is using models that forecast a best-case scenario in which about 200,000 Americans die, according to reporting by The New York Times. Meanwhile, a report from Imperial College London that made headlines for its dire, modeling-based forecasts predicted about 2.2 million U.S. deaths from the coronavirus, if nobody changes their everyday behavior.
final-COVID-UNCERTAINTY-2.png

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-its-so-freaking-hard-to-make-a-good-covid-19-model/
Why It’s So Freaking Hard To Make A Good COVID-19 Model
Here we are, in the middle of a pandemic, staring out our living room windows like aquarium fish. The question on everybody’s minds: How bad will this really get? Followed quickly by: Seriously, how long am I going to have to live cooped up like this?

We all want answers. And, given the volume of research and data being collected about the novel coronavirus, it seems like answers ought to exist.

There are certainly numbers out there. Trouble is, they’re kind of all over the place. For example, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is using models that forecast a best-case scenario in which about 200,000 Americans die, according to reporting by The New York Times. Meanwhile, a report from Imperial College London that made headlines for its dire, modeling-based forecasts predicted about 2.2 million U.S. deaths from the coronavirus, if nobody changes their everyday behavior.
final-COVID-UNCERTAINTY-2.png
Only history will give a clear picture.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...-says-its-likely-coronavirus-will-be-seasonal
Fauci says it's likely coronavirus will be seasonal
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci said Sunday that it is likely the coronavirus will become a seasonal occurrence.

The infectious diseases expert told CBS’s “Face The Nation” that it’s likely the virus “will assume a seasonal nature” because it is unlikely to be contained around the world this year.

“Unless we get this globally under control there is a very good chance that it’ll assume a seasonal nature,” he said.

“We need to be prepared that since it will be unlikely to be completely eradicated from the planet that as we get into next season we may see the beginning of a resurgence,” he added.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Journalists-threatened-and-detained-as-countries-15180361.php\
Journalists threatened and detained as countries on multiple continents restrict coronavirus coverage
From Latin America to Russia, governments have tried to shape coverage so it avoids criticism or information that authorities deem harmful to public order. Questioning of official accounts has drawn fines, police investigations and the expulsion of foreign correspondents. In some countries, the virus has provided a pretext for governments to pass emergency legislation that is likely to curb freedoms long after the contagion has been extinguished.

The consequences could amount to life or death, free-press advocates say.

Perhaps some nations have turned the corner? I sure hope so!

Still Stuck At Home, But Good News About COVID Coming In From Around The World...

Germany had a relatively low rate of infection and death relative to the rest of Europe, but it, too, has reported three straight days of fewer coronavirus cases.

Sunday’s figure amounted to a drop of 146 cases compared with 6,082 new infections recorded on Saturday, itself a fall from 6,174 new infections on Friday.

Even better, places that have been hard hit have reported some encouraging news as well. Italy, which, outside of China, has been one of the hardest hit, has reported a drop in new ICU cases for the first time since the pandemic began.

For days, Italian officials have said that broadly stable rises in the number of cases suggested that the outbreak had reached a plateau and that the numbers would begin to go down – if strict lockdown measures were respected.

Perhaps most encouraging is the news out of Spain, where residents have been in a near total lockdown for months. The Financial Times reports that the spread of the virus seems to be slowing as the number of people that have died of coronavirus has dropped steadily over the last three day

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Journalists-threatened-and-detained-as-countries-15180361.php\
Journalists threatened and detained as countries on multiple continents restrict coronavirus coverage
From Latin America to Russia, governments have tried to shape coverage so it avoids criticism or information that authorities deem harmful to public order. Questioning of official accounts has drawn fines, police investigations and the expulsion of foreign correspondents. In some countries, the virus has provided a pretext for governments to pass emergency legislation that is likely to curb freedoms long after the contagion has been extinguished.

The consequences could amount to life or death, free-press advocates say.

Its not only Journos getting arrested or bumped off , you are also seeing many left wing new agencies like the BBC or CNN spreading lies, untruths and attacks on the western governments.

Perhaps some nations have turned the corner? I sure hope so!
Italy for sure. At least for the first wave.

Italy COVID-19 7 Day Statistics as of 5 April 2020:
Unless they get hit by a second wave, Italy is on the road to recovery now.

Date..Cases........Deaths
03-30 101,739(+4%) 11,591(+812 +8%)
03-31 105,792(+4%) 12,428(+837 +7%)
04-01 110,574(+5%) 13,155(+727 +6%)
04-02 115,242(+4%) 13,915(+760 +6%)
04-03 119,827(+4%) 14,681(+766 +6%)
04-04 124,632(+4%) 15,362(+681 +5%)
04-05 128,948(+3%) 15,887(+525 +3%)

COVID-19 Statistics as of 6 Apr 2020
Recoveries number is low because they haven't been reported yet for UK

208 Countries reporting 1,292,121 confirmed cases and 70,567 deaths
USA reporting 336,906 (+24,589 +8%) confirmed cases and 9,624 (+1,140 +13%) deaths
Excluding China and Iran:
Confirmed: 1,149,913 (+63,289 +6%)
Deaths: 63,238 (+3,622 +6%)
Recoveries: 170,760 (+13,596 +9%)
Deaths/(Deaths+Recoveries): 27.0% (-0.3%)

Countries with 1000 deaths or more.
Italy...... 15,887 . (+525 +3%) (as of 5 Apr)
Spain...... 13,055 . (+637 +5%)
USA........ 9,624 .. (+1,140 +13%)
France..... 8,078 .. (+518 +7%)(as of 5 Apr)
UK......... 5,373 .. (+439 +9%)
Iran....... 3,739 .. (+133 +4%) o_O
China...... 3,331 .. (+2 +0.0006%) o_Oo_O
Netherlands 1,867 .. (+101 +6%)
Germany.... 1,584 .. (+105 +7%)

Last edited:
Why do we even bother trying to help these people? Am I the only person that hopes millions of fools all around the world die off?

Protesters ransack makeshift coronavirus hospital

"Protesters tore down a makeshift COVID-19 hospital in Ivory Coast's capital Abidjan on Sunday (April 6) night. To the banging of pots and pans, and cries of "we don't want it", the angry residents of Yopougon dismantled the partially built structure... Market stalls on a road leading to the structure were also set ablaze."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/protesters-ransack-makeshift-coronavirus-hospital-112821539.html

The fact that some of the younger folks seem to get hit hard with this virus, I think this can be traced back to the fact that the younger folks in the US just do not HAVE to do much physical labor anymore. If they were doing more physical labor, it would most likely build a stronger respiratory system (lungs) meaning they would not be impacted as hard. Just my 2cents worth (worth less than a penny these days).

That maverick is racism. I know these times are stressful for all but stereotyping a whole continent as a “virus” is dumb, real dumb.

Facts are facts, racism not likely, me a racist, more so not likely. I lived in Madagascar in my youth and hunted their in my adulthood, I also served through out Africa with the US Military thus very familiar with Africa. As a matter of fact 'virus' I used was a figure of speech such as 'spreads like wildfire' in reference 'violence spreads'

I know we really don't need any more bad news right now, but...

https://khn.org/news/mysterious-heart-damage-not-just-lung-troubles-befalling-covid-19-patients/
Mysterious Heart Damage, Not Just Lung Troubles, Befalling COVID-19 Patients

As more data comes in from China and Italy, as well as Washington state and New York, more cardiac experts are coming to believe the COVID-19 virus can infect the heart muscle. An initial study found cardiac damage in as many as 1 in 5 patients, leading to heart failure and death even among those who show no signs of respiratory distress.

Latest posts

Back