This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went grocery shopping yesterday. We try to buy more than we will use every week and put some back. Little bit at a time over the past few years has built up a pretty decent pantry.

Loaded a bunch of 5.56 and some more .45. And started the mater plants in the basement. Should be ready to plant in a few weeks.
I built a pantry over about a year and a half, without going broke, by just getting a few extra items each trip. It really does build up. Even without any emergencies, it's really nice to not run out of things in the middle of making dinner. My goal now is to replace all the canned goods (or at least most) with stuff Ive grown and canned myself. There's a huge difference in taste and quality. One good thing on the store bought stuff is it will last alot longer on the shelf.
I may try to learn about reloading one day, as I saw the 5.56 went up from 170.00 to 215.00 in two weeks time. Ouch!
By the way, nice looking bike. Ive gotten in a couple short rides so far, but now that spring is here I'm hoping to play in the mountains again soon. It's a fair weather toy for me, guess I'm not as tough as I used to be. :)

Yeah stuff from the garden is always better.

That's my ugly shovel. I'm getting a little old to do long rides with it all bobbed out like that. But it's still my favorite. Ice comes and the studded tires go on. My fair weather bike is a 99 heritage.

As far as reloading goes. It's not hard to learn really. But you don't save any money. Ya just shoot more for the same price.

Honestly. I have no idea how much ammo or components cost right now. I haven't had to buy any in several years now.

Found WINCHESTER .22LR with 40gr Hollow points this week . Bought 2 boxes . Started collecting garden seeds , I saved alot from the garden last year but still like to pick up squash seeds each year and try new stuf We planted before .

Found WINCHESTER .22LR with 40gr Hollow points this week . Bought 2 boxes . Started collecting garden seeds , I saved alot from the garden last year but still like to pick up squash seeds each year and try new stuf We planted before .
I can find 22lr now, but pricey, and only in gun stores. At least it's starting to appear again. It was 5.00 for 50 rounds. I saw 500 for 15.00 just a couple hrs ago. Oh well. I'm still trying to find 500 5.56 reasonably, but since the ftc tried to ban the green tip it all went up. I'll keep looking as I live on a budget.

I can find 22lr now, but pricey, and only in gun stores. At least it's starting to appear again. It was 5.00 for 50 rounds. I saw 500 for 15.00 just a couple hrs ago. Oh well. I'm still trying to find 500 5.56 reasonably, but since the ftc tried to ban the green tip it all went up. I'll keep looking as I live on a budget.

what price are you looking for for the 223? 420rnds of XM855 for 199.99

I had found 500rnds for 170.00 three or four weeks ago, now it's up to 215. That's a pretty substantial jump! It was independence, some Isreali company.

The XM855 I listed above was Federal in the steel ammo box, looks like they supplier are out again. The Israeli Independence ammo is good, I have several thousands rounds of it, it's the older m193 ammo (lead core) I try to buy both m855 and m193, I get better grouping with the m193 at 150yrds, the m855 does a little better going through cars (our target) perhaps because it's 7 grains heavier and with a different core :) but ya, 215 seems steep for m193 ammo.

Last edited:
My wife is making me plant Boosom berries today , she already had the plants bought . Im going to plant them on the corner of one of our fenced in lots next to the outside of the fence .

Edit . I used the slang term above , its Boysenberry .

Last edited:
that reminds me..i gotta go through my herb seeds and decide which ones i will be planting this year..and i already have my veggie seeds picked out..i have some very large pots in which i'll be planting ,jalapeno,cayenne long red,and habenero..i plan on using the habenero for pepper spray..

picked up my new pair of combat boots,have to walk them in next weekend and placed an order for .22lr a1500 rounds will fit in my stash just fine.

Jontte I like good standard issue combat boots .
My Grand son was flipping through one of my outdoors mail order catalog's and saw a shemagh or mid eastern style head wrap used by U.S and Allie special forces . He just had to have one so I placed the order and noticed they also sale solid brass knuck "papper weights" and ordered a couple sets of thoes too just out of impulse . Grand son (6 year old) does not get a set of the knucks .

Planning on major restructuring of the family home to convert the integral garage into a prepping room / workshop. we rarely put the car in the garage so the space is being wasted. We will have the up over door removed and have it bricked up but with a UPVC window fitted . Inside extra power outlets, more lighting and we will extend the central heating into the garage.

picked up my new pair of combat boots,have to walk them in next weekend and placed an order for .22lr a1500 rounds will fit in my stash just fine.
I seem to remember my combat boots breaking me in instead of me breaking them in. :)

find it slightly amusing that you get a nice pair of boots,but the inner soles are mostly crap and you have replace them if you don't want your feet to scream mercy..

Latest posts

Back