This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still under house arrest (purgatory) I got caught riding my horse in the riding stable week and a half ago, needless the wife and kids are (not nice) so really not done any prepping yet.
I know how hard it is to stay down. How much longer do you have before the warden releases you?
Years ago I had an accident when I was logging (with horses and mules) and was dragged for over a mile behind a runaway mule. I was laid up for 6 months trying to heal. One morning I snuck out to the corral to check on my horses. I ended up getting kicked in the back by a 2,000 pound draft horse. I guess I should have listened to my warden.
Good luck with your recovery.

I'm not surprised. Antibiotics dont keep very long and unlike some medications they can do a lot more damage than good if used after their date. Also "General Antibiotic" isnt really a thing. There are wide spectrum gram negative antibiotics and wide spectrum gram positive, but about 7 major classes of antibiotics that affect different types of bacteria, and no single chemical can kill everything. I am a biology major and I'm looking into learning to make antibiotics because lack of information and misuse has already lead to a worsening superbug situation. It would have been borderline malpractice for your physician to give you a random antibiotic to use without direction possibly years from now.

The blue mold that grows on bread and oranges is penicillium (the fungus that produces penicillin). Without modern antibiotics around, in an emergency situation scrapping off some of this mold and putting it on the open would may be a better chance of aseptic than expired tetracycline.

and no single chemical can kill everything. Oh really? Have you ever heard of Chlorine Dioxide? It can be safely digested into your body, as the chlorine dioxide equipped cells do not oxidize beneficial bacteria or healthy cells.

I'm not surprised. Antibiotics dont keep very long and unlike some medications they can do a lot more damage than good if used after their date. Also "General Antibiotic" isnt really a thing. There are wide spectrum gram negative antibiotics and wide spectrum gram positive, but about 7 major classes of antibiotics that affect different types of bacteria, and no single chemical can kill everything. I am a biology major and I'm looking into learning to make antibiotics because lack of information and misuse has already lead to a worsening superbug situation. It would have been borderline malpractice for your physician to give you a random antibiotic to use without direction possibly years from now.

The blue mold that grows on bread and oranges is penicillium (the fungus that produces penicillin). Without modern antibiotics around, in an emergency situation scrapping off some of this mold and putting it on the open would may be a better chance of aseptic than expired tetracycline.
What about honey? Also, I made a natural replacement for Neosporin that seems to work better than the original, I don’t have the recipe with me, but I remember honey, beeswax, comfrey, seems like there was at least one more. Looking for your insights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt, having some knowledge for which antibiotic to use for which conditions is as important as the antibiotic itself. Luckily this is all fairly easy to get on line now as they have been using them for specific purposes for a long time now. I am a big proponent of having some supplies of them on hand for prepping. As far as current medical care, leave it to the doctors, but during a major emergency you could find yourself on your own.

What about honey? Also, I made a natural replacement for Neosporin that seems to work better than the original, I don’t have the recipe with me, but I remember honey, beeswax, comfrey, seems like there was at least one more. Looking for your insights.

There are lots of homeopathic remedies that do help. Personally I still believe in modern medicine for now when it’s available. Knowing some alternatives for emergencies is a good thing though.

i'm not a lover of pharmaceutical medicine, I keep a few painkillers around but nothing more and I don't take many of them.
I think I have taken antibiotics a total of twice in a very long life and then under duress.
if someone needs regular medicine then it makes sense to get a stockpile if that is possible, otc is okay but in UK it is hard if not impossible to get a stockpile of prescription medicine.

There are lots of homeopathic remedies that do help. Personally I still believe in modern medicine for now when it’s available. Knowing some alternatives for emergencies is a good thing though.
Oh, I do too, but for some things I like to try homeopathic remedies. I made some killer elderberry syrup that tastes so good. Froze some of it for later. And the antibacterial ointment really does work better than the purchased stuff. Trial and error.

Chlorine dioxide is a STRONG oxidizer and should not be ingested for any reason. It can be used to clean drinking water but ththe chemical reaction changes the substance- like adding sodium to chlorine makes salt. Even if it doesnt kill you the first time that doesnt meanbit is safe. Its essentially drinking bleach.

Honey works well as an antimicrobial because it is thick liquid sugar. Salt, alcohol, and sugar suck water out of cells and kill bacteria by dehydrating the cells. Bacteria with a cell wall would be less susceptible, but I agree honey is an effective natural antimicrobial against many gram positive bacteria

There isnt any 1 perfect anti microbial because every antimicrobial works by attacking 1 aspect of a pathogen. The 7 classes of antibiotics I mentioned work by attacking a specific weakness. Wether honey, chlorine dioxide, or anything else will work depends on if the bacteria has a cell wall, produces catalase, is aerobic or anaerobic, which types of sugars it can metabolize, etc.

There isnt any 1 perfect anti microbial because every antimicrobial works by attacking 1 aspect of a pathogen. The 7 classes of antibiotics I mentioned work by attacking a specific weakness. Wether honey, chlorine dioxide, or anything else will work depends on if the bacteria has a cell wall, produces catalase, is aerobic or anaerobic, which types of sugars it can metabolize, etc.
Good to have that knowledge!

Chlorine dioxide is a STRONG oxidizer and should not be ingested for any reason. It can be used to clean drinking water but ththe chemical reaction changes the substance- like adding sodium to chlorine makes salt. Even if it doesnt kill you the first time that doesnt meanbit is safe. Its essentially drinking bleach.

Wrong, its no different from most chemicals and substances used as medicine I'm proper dosage, after being activated as a gas using an acid that the body can consume. Millions have used it to cure all kinds of sickness. Its basically free, so pharmaceutical companies don't like it. The red cross uses it to cure malaria with 100% success rate.

Last edited:
Wrong, its no different from most chemicals and substances used as medicine I'm proper dosage, after being activated as a gas using an acid that the body can consume. Millions have used it to cure all kinds of sickness. Its basically free, so pharmaceutical companies don't like it. The red cross uses it to cure malaria with 100% success rate.

Quick skim of Pub Med says no signs of toxicity under 400 ppm and 98.2% efficiency against bacteria and fungi.

But also this: used for disinfecting medical equipment, not safe to ingest. Will not cure any disease.
https://www.chemicalsafetyfacts.org/chlorine-dioxide/

I cant find anything reputable about the red cross using it, but the wikipedia description says "MMS is falsely promoted to cure HIV, malaria, hepatitis, autism..."

If you look at how ClO2 works chemically it is literally like drinking bleach. But Clorox is also great for killing bacteria...

Last edited:
MMS is in public water in low doses as a water purifier. The levels in the water ways isnt dangerous, but also tap water isnt curing anybody of malaria. Stronger doses are very dangerous, there is no safe dose that can cure illness without harming someone

I edited my post some after I looked into it. MMS has cause a considerable number of cases of harming people. You may want to rethink your miracle disinfectant

You think so? So you believeve what big Pharma has published? And how much harm has chemotherapy and other approved treatments caused in comparison to MMS?

Latest posts

Back