This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went down south yesterday and bought a new refrigerator and gas cook stove for the house. Talk about sticker shock! $5,500 for just 2 appliances. And the wood stove will be another $3,000.
Got home around 8.30 pm and saw that the trusses weren't delivered as promised. The crane and crew are scheduled for today so I hope they deliver the trusses this morning.

We went down south yesterday and bought a new refrigerator and gas cook stove for the house. Talk about sticker shock! $5,500 for just 2 appliances. And the wood stove will be another $3,000.
Got home around 8.30 pm and saw that the trusses weren't delivered as promised. The crane and crew are scheduled for today so I hope they deliver the trusses this morning.
You can usually depend on deliveries to be undependable. I had two doors delivered, only not really delivered, by delivery they meant we drive up your driveway and sit there. We don't actually unload it for you. So a mad scramble to find someone for help.

You can usually depend on deliveries to be undependable. I had two doors delivered, only not really delivered, by delivery they meant we drive up your driveway and sit there. We don't actually unload it for you. So a mad scramble to find someone for help.

I hope you got them umloaded okay! My university used to use a rotten delivery service whose drivers would sometimes leave study materials in bins or fling them over fences to lie on lawns in the rain. It's such a relief to find you've got a decent delivery person/postie.

Who the heck delivers and doesn't unload or at least help if there is only one? Think I would have to be making a phone call to his boss.

About 4-430 this morning g I heard the cows "talking" so figured I better go and check. They don't normally ask for breakfast until around 6. I saw the calf that we had back in August running around like crazy but then noticed something else. Our Daisy was having her calf. Turned out to be another little heifer calf. Of course it had to be drizzly all day but I was out there just watching to make sure everything went ok and she nursed. I did have to go to a wake today, but when I was driving thru the gate, I noticed her finally eating. I was getting a little worried because that was at almost 2. At least I did go change and put on something clean before I left.

the cows got a new bale of hay this morning. The littlest calf buried herself in it. . . So worried she was going to get stepped on but I just came in from checking on her. It's warmed up and finally stopped raining so she is now laying on top of it. Shame because I cleaned and put new hay in the barn this morning.

had a very interesting little talk with dude at the last training we had,all his shooting gear he has,are compatible ammo wise with the army here
and we wondered,though the AR-platform looks nice...in a bad spot,you can take your own gear with you,but if you go with the AR-system,
you have to carry alot of personal ammo too with you,so as he put it;preppingwise it's nice to be able to rely on "local ammo" for your rifle...

so "go local"..

Adding more supplies to the existing stock

Ordered
12 gamma seal lids
10 food grade 6gal buckets
8 boxes of 6 double doodie plus with bio gel
2 cases of 6 emergency essentials 115hr candles
4 packages of 36 energizer AA
6 packages of 24 energizer AAA
4 packages of 8 energizer D
2 packages of 12 lithium cr123a
1 case of 244 emergency candles
2 boxes of 10 6" 12hr green snaplights
8 8oz propane/isobutane four season blend canisters

Adding more supplies to the existing stock

Ordered
12 gamma seal lids
10 food grade 6gal buckets
8 boxes of 6 double doodie plus with bio gel
2 cases of 6 emergency essentials 115hr candles
4 packages of 36 energizer AA
6 packages of 24 energizer AAA
4 packages of 8 energizer D
2 packages of 12 lithium cr123a
1 case of 244 emergency candles
2 boxes of 10 6" 12hr green snaplights
8 8oz propane/isobutane four season blend canisters
Maverick, I assume alkaline batteries, why so many? Wht not use all rechargeable batteries.

Maverick, I assume alkaline batteries, why so many? Wht not use all rechargeable batteries.

I have quit a few of eneloops with on-grid chargers and solar chargers, I don't like to rely on one standard of batteries, as long as I'm able to use alkaline's and purchase them that's what I use, the eneloops are when I'm no longer able to get alkaline's and when my stock run's out I'll switch to the eneloops. Everyday use, Short term emergencies (alkaline) Long term emergencies (eneloop) anyway that's my working theory?

I have been going to the Junior Police Academy training here locally. I got to learn a lot about narcotics. Basically, dealers are trying to lace everything with Fentanyl. People in Colorado are overdosing on THC candies..because they eat too many. Snap Chat is an excellent online source for kids buying drugs. I also learned there is a new way to make a marijuana wax. Normal marijuana has about 25% THC this new wax has about 95 % THC.

This doesn't have a whole lot to do with long term prepping ( food, water, shelter), but it is good to know what my grand kids will one day be up against. I know that keeping them active and keeping them close to family is important for keeping them out of trouble, but it is helpful to know in advance the dangers that are out there.

My better half has always been one to just call an expert in to fix a problem that goes wrong with the house. I am more willing to try to fix things myself, but I am not great at it. He is a computer guy. He admits to not being mechanically inclined...even though his father has been a mechanic for almost 50 years. Well..... today he got our bathtub unclogged. He bought a snake, Draino,and a plunger. That may not sound like a lot, but we now have extra tools and knowledge for next time. I am sure there will be a next time ;)

Life as an urban prepper is far less exciting that some of you guys I am sure, but I am rocking along until I can buy my land one day (near retirement).

I got the solar panel with controller for the camper, but still haven’t even opened the box. I did strip the tongue on the camper today, grinding off the single battery and gas tank mounts. The battery rack was welded in the bottom of the tongue and was a pain to cut out. I will make and weld the new dual battery rack and dual gas rack soon, then clean, prime and paint the whole tongue when done. It seems like this toy has been more work than fun so far! Honestly I’ve always liked fixing things up and restoring them. Just wish I had more free time to do personal projects now. I’m flying up to NY early in the morning for 4 days, so the camper is on hold fo a bit. I will post Picts of the new battery and gas tank setup when done, as well as the solar system and connections.
66CA2005-822E-4BE2-8513-E592E847547E.jpeg

I have been going to the Junior Police Academy training here locally. I got to learn a lot about narcotics. Basically, dealers are trying to lace everything with Fentanyl. People in Colorado are overdosing on THC candies..because they eat too many. Snap Chat is an excellent online source for kids buying drugs. I also learned there is a new way to make a marijuana wax. Normal marijuana has about 25% THC this new wax has about 95 % THC.

This doesn't have a whole lot to do with long term prepping ( food, water, shelter), but it is good to know what my grand kids will one day be up against. I know that keeping them active and keeping them close to family is important for keeping them out of trouble, but it is helpful to know in advance the dangers that are out there.

My better half has always been one to just call an expert in to fix a problem that goes wrong with the house. I am more willing to try to fix things myself, but I am not great at it. He is a computer guy. He admits to not being mechanically inclined...even though his father has been a mechanic for almost 50 years. Well..... today he got our bathtub unclogged. He bought a snake, Draino,and a plunger. That may not sound like a lot, but we now have extra tools and knowledge for next time. I am sure there will be a next time ;)

Life as an urban prepper is far less exciting that some of you guys I am sure, but I am rocking along until I can buy my land one day (near retirement).
Urban prepping verses homesteading prepping, well it has its trade offs.
Excitement of my day yesterday. . . Sitting under a tallow tree in the drizzly rain for hours on end to make sure calf nursed. This morning was when calf followed momma into the mud and got stuck so I had to go out there to help her. The "mud pit" is about a 25' x 15' section out in the pasture. Thank goodness I grabbed a t post to help me walk thru all that mud cause it is a chore to just take one step when you are literally sinking up to your calves. I thank my turf of a neighbor for hauling in all those dump truck loads of dirt. Our pasture now doesn't drain as well as it used to. I am just hoping for a few days of sunshine.

I got the solar panel with controller for the camper, but still haven’t even opened the box. I did strip the tongue on the camper today, grinding off the single battery and gas tank mounts. The battery rack was welded in the bottom of the tongue and was a pain to cut out. I will make and weld the new dual battery rack and dual gas rack soon, then clean, prime and paint the whole tongue when done. It seems like this toy has been more work than fun so far! Honestly I’ve always liked fixing things up and restoring them. Just wish I had more free time to do personal projects now. I’m flying up to NY early in the morning for 4 days, so the camper is on hold fo a bit. I will post Picts of the new battery and gas tank setup when done, as well as the solar system and connections.View attachment 9050
I did that earlier in the summer. Grinding away all the old paint and rust and repainting. Hot sweaty work. It always is harder than you initially think it is going to be, as usual in most cases.

Urban prepping verses homesteading prepping, well it has its trade offs.
Excitement of my day yesterday. . . Sitting under a tallow tree in the drizzly rain for hours on end to make sure calf nursed. This morning was when calf followed momma into the mud and got stuck so I had to go out there to help her. The "mud pit" is about a 25' x 15' section out in the pasture. Thank goodness I grabbed a t post to help me walk thru all that mud cause it is a chore to just take one step when you are literally sinking up to your calves. I thank my turf of a neighbor for hauling in all those dump truck loads of dirt. Our pasture now doesn't drain as well as it used to. I am just hoping for a few days of sunshine.
I had a neighbor do that to me once. Filled his adjoining back yard with multiple dump truck loads of top soil, pushing all his water onto me. I moved and am so happy I no longer live in town. Even on my current land, I can distantly hear the neighbors or their dogs and it just irritates the heck out of me for some reason. I guess I am becoming a curmudgeon.

Latest posts

Back