This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He accepted the last offer on the camper! So now I have a place to sleep and bring the dog! Guess I can bring the wife along as well..... seriously, can’t wait to try it out near a waterfall somewhere. We will take it down to Fla to visit my mother in law at least a couple times a year now. So, will go pick it up tomorrow afternoon about an hour and a half away. Too bad it’s a million degrees out there right now, it’s kind of hot to go camping.
I had to move the camper yesterday to work on the new storage building we are putting up. Anyways, it’s still a little hot but I’m excited to take it out for the first time. I went out and got a few things for it at Walmart last night. A small garbage can, two camping chairs, a folding outside table, new pillows and a comforter/sheet set. I am ready....

This field has not been cut yet but its in the flight path so I may drop a few birds .
20180901_164306.jpg

I replaced some batteries in some LED lights we have. I recharged my solar cellphone charger. I pulled everything out of my pantry..evaluated, discarded, and reorganized. It helps to know what you are working with.
I have plans to go thru my bug out bag and medical supplies to rotate and organize stuff today. I bought two waterproof totes to organize stuff a little better.

I did get to go thru my bag. All my stuff is up to date. I spent some time here searching for what people have in their bags. I picked 4 things to focus on next.
1. Pen and pad ( I have that here at the house, so why not/?)
2. Super glue (cheap and easy at the dollar store)
3. Magnifying glass.
4. Digital watch

The magnifying glass and watch I will get off of Amazon. I hope to have all of these supplies in my bag by the beginning of next week.

I did get to go thru my bag. All my stuff is up to date. I spent some time here searching for what people have in their bags. I picked 4 things to focus on next.
1. Pen and pad ( I have that here at the house, so why not/?)
2. Super glue (cheap and easy at the dollar store)
3. Magnifying glass.
4. Digital watch

The magnifying glass and watch I will get off of Amazon. I hope to have all of these supplies in my bag by the beginning of next week.
I did get to organizing mine as well. The note pad is a good idea that I did not have already. I noticed you said digital watch, wouldn’t a wind up one be better, not needing a battery?

I did get to organizing mine as well. The note pad is a good idea that I did not have already. I noticed you said digital watch, wouldn’t a wind up one be better, not needing a battery?
I thought about that. I was really on the fence about it. The only reason I went with digital is because they usually light up in the dark, but I agree that wind up wouldn’t need a battery. What are your thoughts?

If you get a wind up, that’d work. I think I’d shy away from self winding watches if you’re walking a lot since it can be easy to overwind them.

Looking at Amazon, there are a ton of solar digital watches, with prices all over the place. I have a Citizen ecodrive that works great, but I don’t know how long the battery will last before it needs replacing.

I use an activity tracking watch. It’s a Garmin that needs charging from usb once a week. I’m sure that a solar charger will do that for me.

Of course, it tshtf, none of us may care what time it is....

The sun would be your new watch during shtf. Daylight means work, nighttime means sleep....
I really haven’t looked at the solar watches but think it’s a great idea. I have a cheap solar calculator that has lasted for over 5yrs though. Beats a battery by far. Honestly though, I have several watches in a drawer that haven’t been worn since I started carrying a phone.

I have a pocket watch (manual) Wrest watches don’t last me long. Majority of the time the pocket watch most of the time on the night stand, now days time of day is not as important to me.

My watch has 4 modes and never needs
winding or batteries

When I get up I start my day
When I get hungry I eat
When I get tired I quit
When I get sleepy I sleep

Who needs a time piece? :)

I have a pocket watch (manual) Wrest watches don’t last me long. Majority of the time the pocket watch most of the time on the night stand, now days time of day is not as important to me.

My watch has 4 modes and never needs
winding or batteries

When I get up I start my day
When I get hungry I eat
When I get tired I quit
When I get sleepy I sleep

Who needs a time piece? :)
When I grow up, I want to be just like you

a neat item on clearance. It’s a medium sized cooler that plugs into the cigarette lighter,

I had one,in the 1990's .Just make sure that you don't leave it pluged into the lighter overnight. Or have jumper cables,or a jump starter on hand ,the next time you want to start the vehicle. Guess how i know that.lol

I had one,in the 1990's .Just make sure that you don't leave it pluged into the lighter overnight. Or have jumper cables,or a jump starter on hand ,the next time you want to start the vehicle. Guess how i know that.lol
They say the school of hard knocks is the best way to learn in life... personally I think the young people that are smart enough to listen to older and more experienced ones are the smartest!

Latest posts

Back