This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good crosscut saw needs to be added to my list before long. I have an 8ft saw blade, with no handles, hanging on the wall for decoration. It might be able to be brought back to life, but is probably too long to be easily used by one person.
I did go out and buy several duplicate yard tools not long ago. I got a second axe, maul, shovels, hoes, rake, steel splitting wedges, and a cant hook. I'll keep on collecting stuff that can be used if we loose the grid, just a little at a time. Sometimes it's easy to take our way of life for granted, with all our luxuries, but if you look around the world, not everyone has it as easy as we do in the states.

I'm a big fan of redundancy.

This weekend, I hope to be able to knock out the doghouse. We're getting into the rainy season, so just in case he's out, and it starts raining, want him to have a place to go to stay dry. Now, he pretty much goes under the trees, and it works well, but would like him to have his own place, with a little dog bed, etc.

He's rarely out for long, but here in FL, storms can sneak up on us.

I'm a big fan of redundancy.

This weekend, I hope to be able to knock out the doghouse. We're getting into the rainy season, so just in case he's out, and it starts raining, want him to have a place to go to stay dry. Now, he pretty much goes under the trees, and it works well, but would like him to have his own place, with a little dog bed, etc.

He's rarely out for long, but here in FL, storms can sneak up on us.
I built a really nice dog house and the stupid guys never go in it! During the winter I would close them in at night to keep warm together, so I think they thought they were being punished. Oh well, it works as a theft deterrent in the yard.

well.right now,im rereading about water storage..and how to store it,etc,etc..i have quiet a few plastic bottles of dif sizes,saved up already.in which they range from 12 ounce in size.to 1 gallon in size..and yes.my mom thinks that im nuts for doing that..lol..but yet.some of the diff sizes has proven to be worth having during ppower outages.fridge n freezer stayed cold longer..

Fixing electric spaghetti.

Got this Yamaha Moto4 200 for about 230 $, started sorting out all its nicks and wiggles, got to the wiring and someone did a real hack job on it, now sorting it and fixing it, some of the components are shot, keeping my fingers crossed for the cdi unit.

uploadfromtaptalk1463240072664.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1463240084253.jpg

I got a project today too. I brought home an aluminum car hauler trailer. It's an older unit, but I got a pretty good deal on it, so I don't mind doing some work with it. We bought a scissor lift for the electrical business, and needed a way to transport it. I'll post some Picts soon. Being able to repair stuff yourself is really just a part of prepping.

i like the periscope idea.seeing how a person don't have to stick out into plain view and get it shot off,in a bad n dangerous situation..

especially in those places,it's light, discrete,but getting those correct angles on a round tube was a pain in the a**

The trailer is comming along pretty good. Spent the better part of two days (the weekend) getting it cleaned up and functional. I mounted an electric winch for loading, pressure washed it, primed and painted the steel parts, lubed the tilt/ lift crank, and reworked the chain tie downs. It's just about done, but will repack the bearing grease next weekend. What's cool is I have two smaller trailers that will go up for sale on Craigslist shortly to offset the cost of this one.

Darn, I meant to run some lines for the beans to climb on tonight. I spent the evening getting the new lift loaded and ready to go use on the first job tonight. The garden is doing well, but is kind of a lower priority right now.

I built a really nice dog house and the stupid guys never go in it!

That's what I'm afraid of.
The rain conspired to keep me from that task though.
Kind of an early start to the rainy season, but it's here.

We got water yesterday. Clear and cold. I buried over a thousand feet of pipe and installed 3 hydrants; 1 to the garden/orchard area, 1 to the bee house and one for a 350 gal stock water tank. Got the generator wired to the pump and everything works great. Next I'll build the generator/pump house. Have a third line that will eventually go to the new house, barn, chicken coop, pig pen and more stock tanks. That's another 1,000 feet away in the other direction and will be one of next years projects.

I finally got the beans trellis up. I just used green t posts and string. I like field fencing but it's hard to unroll it by yourself without damaging the 10" plants. I also staked the tomatoes in the greenhouse. I have green ones the size of a large egg now and am drooling over the thought of a fresh red tomato. I had several rows in the new garden not germinate, so will try to get more corn planted tonight. I wish there were more hours in the day!

Latest posts

Back