This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent, just saw that window porch post. Man, you are one industrious beaver! I wish I could get projects off the ground like you can. I'm STILL trying to find the time to do that bunny habitat!

I like thoes recurve bows . If you ever need a string for one as I remember it should be 4" shorter that the bow .

Brent, just saw that window porch post. Man, you are one industrious beaver! I wish I could get projects off the ground like you can. I'm STILL trying to find the time to do that bunny habitat!
I'm really great at starting projects, it's that completion thing that gets me! I actually do ok, but do have too many things going on at one time. With my wife being ill, I stay close to home, and all this keeps me from getting bored. I've always liked working with my hands and creating or fixing things. That sense of accomplishment when you're done with a project motivates me to do another, and so on.....

Gotta love trade and barter.
Traded a furnace air filter for two older bows. I never had a bow before and have em checked out by a bow tech this weekend. I might go out this archery deer season...
View attachment 4436
Really nice! I have a cross bow and a compound, but will add one of those to the list one day. I like the simplicity of them. I'm not sure I could restring the compound myself.

Hmm well recently i finally spent a 20 dollar gift card at lowes that i recieved last christmas ! got a couple packs of sand paper up to 600 grit for knife making also got a pack of small precision files and a 4way file/rasp ! only payed 2 dollars out of pocket for all tons of camp/survival tools can be made using these items was a good day!

My cow Betsey had a little bull calf this evening so I should be able to start milking again in about 3 weeks! Whoo hoo!! I still have some gallons of milk in the freezer and even some canned up, but I will be so happy to use the fresh once again.

My cow Betsey had a little bull calf this evening so I should be able to start milking again in about 3 weeks! Whoo hoo!! I still have some gallons of milk in the freezer and even some canned up, but I will be so happy to use the fresh once again.
The milk sounds great, as I'd love to try my hand at making cheese. But I'm really thinking ribeyes down the road! I've never tried drinking fresh milk, but if I was closer to you I'd give it a try.

I've got 17 pints of tomatoes in the pressure cooker right now, 14 more minutes to go. I have to stay close and keep watch on the gauge. This is the second batch I've done this season, and it looks like I'll get one more before the plants are played out. I also picked another half gallon of blueberries today, and a pint of blackberries. I'm portioning out the blueberries into 6cup amounts and freezing them. That happens to be the exact amount for a blueberry pie, which just became my all time favorite. I planted 70 plants about three years ago. I lost a few, but several have sprouted new shoots away from the main plant, and those can be transplanted to fill in the few holes. This is the first year I got a good amount of berries, so as you can see, it's not an overnight deal.

i had gotten 2 jugs that deep fryer cooking oil comes in for restaurants.i finally got the needed scrap lumber for frames to set the jugs in.now it's somewhat of a hassle getting it done up right for both jugs,seeing how i gotta figure it out as i go...then it's a matter of deciding what to keep in it.on account i dont think they'll be good for drinking water

The garden is finally coming in nicely.
We decided to do buckets this year. No weeds, no rodents etc. Works out pretty good so far.

uploadfromtaptalk1437439226127.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1437439245607.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1437439262521.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1437439277245.jpg

I hope you guys are able to see the pictures.

your doing it up big time marv. i got a late start on mine..from left to right.tomato.habanero,jalapeno,cayenne..i've spread cedar mulch since these pics..

004.JPG 003.JPG 002.JPG 001.JPG

i had gotten 2 jugs that deep fryer cooking oil comes in for restaurants.i finally got the needed scrap lumber for frames to set the jugs in.now it's somewhat of a hassle getting it done up right for both jugs,seeing how i gotta figure it out as i go...then it's a matter of deciding what to keep in it.on account i dont think they'll be good for drinking water
How big were ther jugs?

the jugs are a pretty good size.i haven't taken the time to find out how much liquid yet..but im thing between 6 to 10 gallons..

guess this is a good time as any to find out.be back shortly

EDIT... correction..their 5 gallon jugs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back