This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some chicken thighs last week for .69 a pound. I shake and bake those and have mashed potatoes with it almost always. Each pack of those gives us each 2 pieces of chicken. It's enough to fill us for a good meal. Pork chops I will only buy when they are on sale for around $1.99 a pound anything over that and I wont touch it. I would love to have some steak meat and cut it up small and make Stroganoff, the kids love it. Right now though I am trying to figure out what to have for the 4th. We had a cook out last weekend so this weekend I really am not up to wanting more meat. I will figure it out though. Maybe some cat fish or something different.

Fishing trip went well , me and my Wife took our Daughter and Grand Kids fishing (age 7 and 3) . Grand Son 7 that has been fishing with me all his life knew what its all about . This was Grand Daughters first trip and she caught her first fish . They caught white bass and blue gills as fast as I could take them off the hooks . We fished till dark and on the way home there was a full blood moon , not the one scheduled for Sept 28th but one caused by smoke in the atmosphier said to be from wild fires in Canada .
Teaching outdoors skills to young'uns qualifies as prepping in my book .

went to town today.mom had to get a IV for her arthritis.so i went to some places to price stuff.
found air mattress sheet sets for my camping air mattress
12FT propane hose assembly and refillable 5 gallon propane bottles

I'm not sure how prepping related this is, but my wife talked me into starting another project. The front porch wasn't used much, as we have lots of bugs in Ga. so she wanted it closed in. I had some windows that I got a deal on a while back, so decided to use them instead of just screening it. My prepping side thought that with it closed in I can use it to help heat the house during winters. The porch faces the south side, and should collect heat during cold months, and I can open the double hung windows during summer to let heat out. I'm not really thinking a greenhouse, but a good place to grow some stuff in pots mayby.
image.jpg

yeah.good ideas with the windows.and plants in pots,and or planters.each side of the windows.and the 2x4 railing..they gonna be closed in?and maybe planters on the sections just under the windows,for flowers or herbs..

yeah.good ideas with the windows.and plants in pots,and or planters.each side of the windows.and the 2x4 railing..they gonna be closed in?and maybe planters on the sections just under the windows,for flowers or herbs..
Yeah, it will all be closed in with the lap siding matching the house. I like the idea of a troff/pot at each window for plants. There all 3', so a 3'long, 8"deep and 8"tall troff could grow some stuff year round hopefully. The thought of sitting on a swing without the bugs is a big plus too! I was just going to make the rails, closed in, but decided at the last minute to use the windows. I would have built the walls differently if I had planned it this way. The windows were part of the stuff I've been collecting for a cabin I want to build on the back of the property. I have the majority of the stuff for it now, minus a few windows now :(.

well who knows.you might still get the needed windows for the cabin..yeah.no insects while sitting on the porch is a big added plus..

A lot happened the last couple of weeks, My wife is about to pop and we are expecting our son to be here within the next weeks. Tomatoes and peppers are going strong. I recently acquired a hunting air rifle. I am very impressed by its performance. Dead on out to 50 yards, and 1200 fps fast. Takes care of delicious squirrel and rabbits for sure. 9.99$ for 500 pellets is not too bad either...

An air rifle out to 50 yards, and 1200 fps? That is pretty sweet. (and quiet). What brand/model? Sounds like something I should get!

Its a crossman benjamin titan np. I never considered getting an air rifle until i got this one for free. I hit pop cans out to aprox 50yards with the more expensive pellets. The standard pellets are good out to 25 yards.

Wow, big difference in pellet results! Thanks for the info. I have a Crossman too, but can't recall the model. It's good to about 30 yards, but not sure on pellets. I likely got decent ones though, as I can't imagine the price difference as much. Of course, most things I'd be shooting at with it would be within 30 yards anyhow (as past that, I probably wouldn't spot a squirrel in a tree to save my life, lol.)

this week it's the osprey medic bag that I ordered a few hrs ago.
tomorrow it's food and something for my shotgun,about 1000pcs in that order.

gazrok..didn't you know that squirrels carry pea shooters now?.not to mention,that their real good shots with them to..lol

Last edited:
I would love to have some steak meat and cut it up small and make Stroganoff, the kids love it

London Broil is usually pretty cheap (and non-fatty), and can be used for this pretty well. I often cut it up and use for stew, stir fry, fajitas, and of course pepper steak and Stroganoff....etc.

for me too and I don't mind buying secondhand,when quality is okay :)

Latest posts

Back