Least popular Thanksgiving foods....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gyros I've had at Arby's weren't bad. I don't think they use real tzatziki sauce, but other than that, pretty good.
If you make it up to Gainesville Doc try Alpha grill. It’s got great authentic Greek food. Not really cheap, not much on atmosphere either, but the food is amazing. It’s hard to go to Arby’s after that....

My least favorite Thanksgiving food would be my mother in laws yams casserole. It's not that I don't like yams, brown sugar, marshmallow and pecans, its because she puts a ton of raisins in it, I mean a ton. I just don't understand why.
WHY? Why would someone ruin good sweet potato casserole. That's just sad.

Think of a dough just like a dinner roll, a bit sweet with a homemade jelly filling and rolled up into this shape. Took 4 and a half lbs. of flour to make enough for all.
My grandmother used to make something like that. Can't remember the Hungarian name for it now, but it was really good.

its not the food I mind its other people, I had to regularly spend Christmas with a friend, his two (then) young daughters and his old mother when I lived alone, couldn't get out of it without being rude and I hated every minute of it.(I just wanted to be left alone).
I am sure that your friend was actually thinking of you being alone on a special holiday that most families gather together to spend. Maybe he didn't realize that you would prefer being alone. . . . I am just saying, maybe you should have told him that you would prefer being alone and cooking whatever you wanted that day. We have a special neighbor friend that is invited every holiday to come eat at our house too. . . he even has a standing dessert that I have to make, actually it is a sweet potato casserole but he always saves it for dessert. I would hate to have a 'friend' have to feel like he had to come to an invite and not really want to be around my extended family too. That would actually hurt my heart. . . I would rather someone be rude to me than to make them do something they hated. Now if family you are having to deal with I can understand, but not a "friend".

I am not doing the main cooking this year for Thanksgiving. Going to #1 sons house. All I have to do is the cornbread dressing, pecan pie and yeast rolls. I did notice a few Thanksgiving items that were not on the menu so maybe doing some more if time provides. I have been working way more hours even an overnight or two. . . is what I am expecting. I can get next weeks schedule tomorrow at noon/I did the over night yesterday and expected to work at 5 am timorrow/

My grandmother used to make something like that. Can't remember the Hungarian name for it now, but it was really good.
They are called --kiefle--. Many countries have this sort of little baked biscuits. The legend says that someone in Vienna, Austria who was a baker and had to get up earlier than the rest of the folk, was getting water from the Donau to bake with. The city was still under siege from the Osmanish Army (Turks). He saw unusual movements in the land and alarmed the guards in time to fence off a last attempt to take the city and he was declared the hero of the city. These biscuits were straight at the time and when the king asked him what he wished for, to be remembered for his saving the city, he said he would like to be allowed to make them in a curve like the half-moon shape on the Turkish flag. When the people eat them, they will remember him for saving the city and also remember who they defeated. To this day, they are still made in a cresent and the French word for them is also "Croissant" GP

My least favorite Thanksgiving food would be my mother in laws yams casserole. It's not that I don't like yams, brown sugar, marshmallow and pecans, its because she puts a ton of raisins in it, I mean a ton. I just don't understand why.

Ask her to take out a small portion before adding raisins. That is unless she gets her feelings hurt easily.

My husband's sister has to do that for him when onions are in a recipe. I usually pulverized them or make in large chunks so he can easily pick them out.and then add because it's the texture he hates. The rest of us love onions.

Ask her to take out a small portion before adding raisins. That is unless she gets her feelings hurt easily.

My husband's sister has to do that for him when onions are in a recipe. I usually pulverized them or make in large chunks so he can easily pick them out.and then add because it's the texture he hates. The rest of us love onions.
Onion is one of my favorite flavors. I have to do the same thing for my wife, leaving large pieces that are easily picked out.

Latest posts

Back