Least popular Thanksgiving foods....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all that most dislike I guess except for the canned cranberry sauce. . . I'll eat it if that is the only thing available with turkey but I like a fresh cranberry sauce made with apples myself. Our turkey is always injected or brined no matter what way it is cooked. Injected and never over cooked always makes a moist turkey, so not sure why one would say it is dry. I made a sweet potatoe casserole for Thanksgiving years ago and our friend to this day still expects it and saves it for dessert. . . I broke it to him yesterday that we are not having it at our house this year and we were invited to the oldest sons. . . his response was I was just going to have to make it for him before I leave. And I will. That will probably be his only Thanksgiving type dish on that day, but I may make him some more to send. He has no family here and has spent the last 10 years or so at our house during holiday time. Yeah, I kinda feel guilty. . . . but I want to see my baby girl. She really hates me I think ;). . . . I have only gotten to see her a handful of times since she was born a year and a half ago. I got to see her this last weekend for first granddaughters 4 yr old birthday. She would look at me and smile a few times but never would come to me. . . that just breaks my heart. The other three have no issues, but they are a closer drive and I am able to go see more often. In fact granddaughter #2 I was holding when having to leave out. She cried when I had to pass her of to one of her older cousins. when leaving. She held out her arms wanting her Nana. . . I could play with those babies all day long if I could but they can wear me out about half way thru.

Morning VJ, tried to open it. The website is restricted and I cannot open in from Europe...???Funny

These are the least popular Thanksgiving foods, according to survey

(CNN) — A new survey reveals the least popular items at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

First off, the online Harris poll of more than 2,000 adults found 68 percent of Americans secretly dislike a classic Thanksgiving food, yet they eat it anyway out of tradition.

Here’s the breakdown:

• 29 percent of people dislike canned cranberry sauce but reluctantly eat it anyway.
  • 24 percent do the same for green bean casserole.
  • 22 percent eat sweet potatoes or sweet potato casserole even though they don’t like it.
  • 21 percent eat pumpkin pie but don’t enjoy it.
  • And 19 percent don’t even like turkey, but eat it anyway.
Speaking of canned cranberry sauce, the poll also found nearly half of Americans say it is “disgusting.”

Love Cranberry Jelly, cranberry sauce is just okay. Love white meat turkey. Dark meat just okay. Love smashed potatoes. Love fresh corn, sweet potatoes just okay. Love the turkey gravy. Pumpkin pie, smothered in whip cream, is my holiday treat.

Love Cranberry Jelly, cranberry sauce is just okay. Love white meat turkey. Dark meat just okay. Love smashed potatoes. Love fresh corn, sweet potatoes just okay. Love the turkey gravy. Pumpkin pie, smothered in whip cream, is my holiday treat.
Cranberry jelly, cranberry sauce, they are both delicious and the haters need to stop. But dark meat turkey is better than white meat because it's more juicier. Sweet potatoes are good any way they are prepared. And ALL THE PIES, not just pumpkin pie - we would make apple pies, pecan pies, sweet potato pies, pies with berries left over in the freezer, really any kind we could make.

Reading things like that, brings tears to my eyes you people. Being with the family, visiting cousins and such. 41 years here and I have only see half of my cousins since 1985. Got nephews and nieces in VA, WA, TX, CA, NY, and OK. that I have never even seen or gotten a picture of. The family has kinda forgotten me over here. I call them, but have never been called back. Send CDs full of photos, get nothing back. Oh well, it was my choice to marry a Hungarian Baroness. Her family lost most of their land after WWII, then the rest after the 1956 revolt and the following invasion from Russians in Budapest. We're not rich, but we are doing better than most. Enjoy your families, holidays and the great American style foods, don't miss the horror stories about the US but I do miss America. Live free, GP+

Cranberry jelly, cranberry sauce, they are both delicious and the haters need to stop. But dark meat turkey is better than white meat because it's more juicier. Sweet potatoes are good any way they are prepared. And ALL THE PIES, not just pumpkin pie - we would make apple pies, pecan pies, sweet potato pies, pies with berries left over in the freezer, really any kind we could make.

I always liked the homemade cranberry sauce thing made with fresh cranberries, orange zest, pecans, jello. My aunt would make it. What a great memory. Thank you for reminding me.

I usually make a gluten free cobbler so my daughter can eat. I make a chocolate pie, and strawberry, cool whip pie. We usually don't do the actual day because we schedule around my brothers monthly doctor's appointment to TN. My husband, kids and my mom go to his sister's for the actual holiday. I stay home and have me time.

Me, I like everything. I am a Mayo person and much prefer it over Miracle Whip.

This Thanksgiving, we have a little dilemma around the Turkey. A neighbor keeps some pets which includes a Turkey. My granddaughter (4yo) has made friends with that Turkey. The Turkey will come to our house and my granddaughter will sit down with the Turkey siting beside her. She will sit there petting the Turkey. During Thanksgiving, we need to be careful calling the bird we are eating a Turkey.

Reading things like that, brings tears to my eyes you people. Being with the family, visiting cousins and such. 41 years here and I have only see half of my cousins since 1985. Got nephews and nieces in VA, WA, TX, CA, NY, and OK. that I have never even seen or gotten a picture of. The family has kinda forgotten me over here. I call them, but have never been called back. Send CDs full of photos, get nothing back. Oh well, it was my choice to marry a Hungarian Baroness. Her family lost most of their land after WWII, then the rest after the 1956 revolt and the following invasion from Russians in Budapest. We're not rich, but we are doing better than most. Enjoy your families, holidays and the great American style foods, don't miss the horror stories about the US but I do miss America. Live free, GP+
Reading this just makes me sad. . . I have never been close to my cousins since they lived many states away and some even another continent. We never had an opportunity I guess but we keep connected with FB on occasion now, but again I would never say close. In fact, we never had family close to us here in TX as my grandparents lived in Colorado and it seemed their kids just spread out all over. Every summer growing up CO was the place to go for vacation so I did get to go visit and I even had a favorite Aunt and Uncle that lived in Meeker. It was a farm and that is probably why I love that we have a small farm ourselves. I do honestly enjoy the kids and grand kids in my life. They are my world and not sure what would happen if they were not a part of my life.

You can still enjoy the holiday with your family there. . . .even though it is not their holiday, it is your heritage.

You can still enjoy the holiday with your family there. . . .even though it is not their holiday, it is your heritage.

Nice to know that someone I don't know, knows what it is like being so far from family. There are about 35 Americans still living in the area of about 25 miles radius and we attempt to do grill parties once a year and meet each last Saturday night each month. Since we are all over 60 and have already buried 8 in the last 5 years, it will get lonely soon at this rate. My 2 children and 3 Grand children all live within 5 miles. We see each other at lunch almost every Sunday and definitely every big holiday. That helps a lot. Funny, since I was injured at work back in April '17, only 2 persons from work have even called since. For a while they called regularly to ask what to do in this or that situation and which laws were supposed to be followed for this...but really how I was doing, no. I think that this is just a normal human thing, too scared to ask and afraid to hear the truth or not having an answer when you tell them what is happening. Oh well, just glad it is being half deaf now and NOT cancer or leukemia or something! Others got it a lot worse than me. Live free, GP

Last edited:
Nice to know that someone I don't know, knows what it is like being so far from family. There are about 35 Americans still living in the area of about 25 miles radius and we attempt to do grill parties once a year and meet each last Saturday night each month. Since we are all over 60 and have already buried 8 in the last 5 years, it will get lonely soon at this rate. My 2 children and 3 Grand children all live within 5 miles. We see each other at lunch almost every Sunday and definitely every big holiday. That helps a lot. Funny, since I was injured at work back in April '17, only 2 persons from work have even called since. For a while they called regularly to ask what to do in this or that situation and which laws were supposed to be followed for this...but really how I was doing, no. I think that this is just a normal human thing, too scared to ask and afraid to hear the truth or not having an answer when you tell them what is happening. Oh well, just glad it is being half deaf now and NOT cancer or leukemia or something! Others got it a lot worse than me. Live free, GP
If I was a co-worker having to call someone for answers after being hurt, that would have to be my first question. . . . How are YOU doing? Even if it may be a difficult question for some, it wouldn't be for me. I care about others and have been and currently still a care giver for others. It's my nature apparently. and I just roll with it. ;)

Thanks lady. For the most of the people I have worked with here, I'm just another American that can't speak German or really drive. (our highways are all 600 miles straight) Until I start talking, using a Bavarian, Schwabian or even a Swiss accent, making political jokes and explaining their own laws to them in their own language, and explain that I have driven 28 States in the US and every nation in Europe except Portugal and Denmark with car, truck, bus and motorcycle and am also one of only 300 safety driving instructors in Germany...Then I hit them with some French, Hungarian, Croatian and ask if they remember any of their required classes in English from school! After that we get along...until I tell them that my mother in law lived with us for 29 years after her husband died and until she died at 91. She lived longer with me and my wife than most other people stay married, LOL. Then I am crazy again, oh well. Live free, GP

Lookie Lookie what me and the wife just baked for us, her sister and our kids/families:: dough.JPG cut.JPG roll.JPG finish.JPG

Latest posts

Back