Gardens 2019

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I transplanted and planted seeds today then my husband comes home and says they've changed the forecast.

If we don't get some this time, we are hurting.

Not gardening, but I had sand and pea gravel delivered today. I've been working my butt off. My husband......oh, he's taking a nap.

This is zero exaggeration ....... our ground is so dry and hard, you cannot even stick a sharp trowel into it. We have lots of clay. I've been adding to the garden soul for 19 years so the main planting area is a little better.

I'm going to add more sand since I got the load today.

As I've said before, I dig a hole and use it as a bowl. Then I add bagged soil, egg shells, sand, banana peel and a little Miracle Grow. Then I pray.

This is zero exaggeration ....... our ground is so dry and hard, you cannot even stick a sharp trowel into it. We have lots of clay. I've been adding to the garden soul for 19 years so the main planting area is a little better.

I'm going to add more sand since I got the load today.

As I've said before, I dig a hole and use it as a bowl. Then I add bagged soil, egg shells, sand, banana peel and a little Miracle Grow. Then I pray.

The good thing is that it’s supposed to rain a lot Friday - Sunday. We will see. The weather has screwed us before....

The good thing is that it’s supposed to rain a lot Friday - Sunday. We will see. The weather has screwed us before....
Yeah, I’ve been watching the weather reports closely too. Gave up thinking about washing the trucks with the dust cloud that follows you on the driveway. They say rains are coming, and I’m hopefull, but still planning to water each day until it actually does.

It's been sunny and warm here, 70 - 72, but then its supposed to be in the 30's on Friday. One forcast predicted snow too. I'm just hoping that we don't get frost with it.
I would be happy with a dip in temps about now. Upper 80’s into the 90’s here. It’s hard to stay motivated outside middays.

The pollen is really thick this year. Everything is covered in a layer of yellow pollen. When we get a breeze it looks like a yellow fog.

I don't remember where, but some Liberal said someone had committed a hate crime by spreading some type of yellow powder all over her car.

It was pollen. Libs are crazy.

I don't remember where, but some Liberal said someone had committed a hate crime by spreading some type of yellow powder all over her car.

It was pollen. Libs are crazy.
I never thought about this yellow powder being part of a "hate" crime. Mother Nature must really be a hater.
Liberals say the dumbest things.

It started raining at 5:30 this morning and has not stopped. Weatherman said we could expect up to seven inches. If coarse today is the day I have had to go out multiple times to check up on goats. Last week I had a baby that had his leg broken at feeding time. One of the bigger goats must have ran him over. It got reset and bandaged using old toilet paper tubing and popsicle sticks. He mom and brother were separated to the sick barn area till it heals up. There is a shed up on piers that we store all our wood in so it has the 2in x 1 in sure around the bottom so babies can not escape. Well this baby got his popsicle leg caught on the fence and couldn't get it out. Leg still looks and feels straight but I am sure it did not help it any with his healing.

Yes, finally some rain! Mostly drizzle but a couple times with a bit more. That’s actually perfect as when it’s really dry any hard rain just runs off vs soaking in. Looks like we have more for a few days yet on its way. Never thought I’d be so happy to see rain.

It started raining at 5:30 this morning and has not stopped. Weatherman said we could expect up to seven inches. If coarse today is the day I have had to go out multiple times to check up on goats. Last week I had a baby that had his leg broken at feeding time. One of the bigger goats must have ran him over. It got reset and bandaged using old toilet paper tubing and popsicle sticks. He mom and brother were separated to the sick barn area till it heals up. There is a shed up on piers that we store all our wood in so it has the 2in x 1 in sure around the bottom so babies can not escape. Well this baby got his popsicle leg caught on the fence and couldn't get it out. Leg still looks and feels straight but I am sure it did not help it any with his healing.
Hope you have a boat....

Latest posts

Back