Fallout from COVID-19

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I get packages from amazon daily, and still get some from China too. May consider using gloves on the China ones from now on.
Any packages are wiped down with lysol wipes on the outside and then going to "quarantine" before I open them. Might I be a little paranoid? I say better safe than sorry.

I admit I got a chuckle out of this.. Leave it to the Aussies :)

Amid coronavirus panic, Australian newspaper prints extra pages because of toilet paper shortage

“Yes, we actually did print it!” NT News, a Darwin-based newspaper, said in a tweet Thursday with a video showing a special eight-page insert that can be cut into toilet paper.

The front page said: "Run out of loo paper? The NT News cares. That's why we've printed an eight-page special liftout inside, complete with handy cut lines, for you to use in an emergency. Get your limited edition one-ply toilet newspaper sheets."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-australia-newspaper-toilet-paper

Don't forget about the domino effect. The severe cases over run the hospitals. People quarantine, stop going to work. Schools close, people stay home with there school children, day cares close. Critical services don't have enough workers. So on and so on.

Amazon is very bad new for my area. We have numerous Amazon warehouses in the area (both around Charlotte and Raleigh) that are located very close to my houses. Packages coming from Washington warehouse to a NC warehouse where employees handle them moving from one convey line to the next. The employee (neighbors of mine) then coming home to their wife and kids. Kids going to school the next day and playing with school mates. All passing the virus along. Won't be long before everyone (including myself) will be infected. There will be no hiding from this thing.

Amazon is very bad new for my area. We have numerous Amazon warehouses in the area (both around Charlotte and Raleigh) that are located very close to my houses. Packages coming from Washington warehouse to a NC warehouse where employees handle them moving from one convey line to the next. The employee (neighbors of mine) then coming home to their wife and kids. Kids going to school the next day and playing with school mates. All passing the virus along. Won't be long before everyone (including myself) will be infected. There will be no hiding from this thing.
True, but just keep in mind that 80% of the cases are mild. I think when more test kits are available it will show much higher numbers of infected and that will lower the death rate overall. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still not a good thing but not end of times either. I do think we will see closures in businesses and schools and commerce will be hit hard though.

The number of mild cases are irrelevant. Once there are enough severe and critical cases that over whelm our medical care facilities its SHTF! Just the critical cases will be many times more than what our hospitals have room for. The death rate will go from 2-3% to 15-18%.

The number of mild cases are irrelevant. Once there are enough severe and critical cases that over whelm our medical care facilities its SHTF! Just the critical cases will be many times more than what our hospitals have room for. The death rate will go from 2-3% to 15-18%.
I agree that medical facilities will be overwhelmed, especially as more of the workers get it. I don’t think the death rate will end up being anywhere near that though.

I agree that medical facilities will be overwhelmed, especially as more of the workers get it. I don’t think the death rate will end up being anywhere near that though.

I hope your right, but I'm prepared in case your wrong.

I hope your right, but I'm prepared in case your wrong.

I ordered some extra fish antibiotics just yesterday as well as picked up more Tylenol (India isn’t sending it now) . Will probably go get more Advil, Aleve and Pepto-Bismal. I have all of this in our preps, but you never know when you might need more.

I admit I got a chuckle out of this.. Leave it to the Aussies :)

Amid coronavirus panic, Australian newspaper prints extra pages because of toilet paper shortage

“Yes, we actually did print it!” NT News, a Darwin-based newspaper, said in a tweet Thursday with a video showing a special eight-page insert that can be cut into toilet paper.

The front page said: "Run out of loo paper? The NT News cares. That's why we've printed an eight-page special liftout inside, complete with handy cut lines, for you to use in an emergency. Get your limited edition one-ply toilet newspaper sheets."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-australia-newspaper-toilet-paper
I got a chuckle out of that. . . :D So nice that they care. . . It's like the Sears Robuk catalog all over again. History does repeat itself. . .

People keep saying you have a 96% recovery rate and they like their odds. I have to explain that's not the problem. The problem is if enough people get it, the number of people that die will be a problem. If 100 million get it, 3.4 million will die, in a few months. That's a lot of bodies to get rid of; contaminated bodies at that.

Speaking of prescriptions... how do you get antibiotics? I ask doctors and they always say no.

Latest posts

Back