Fallout from COVID-19

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I used to be fairly frugal with grocery shopping. I got generic brands often, compared price per ounce etc. the three times I went shopping since this began I don’t even look at the price anymore. I figure there’s no better investment than food right now. And if we do come out of this without a depression then I can donate some of it to the food bank.

1. I used to be fairly frugal with grocery shopping. I got generic brands often, compared price per ounce etc. the three times I went shopping since this began I don’t even look at the price anymore. I figure there’s no better investment than food right now. And if we do come out of this without a depression then I can donate some of it to the food bank.

Stop using common sense its frightening the natives :)

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I found something that I wanted to share given my EMS background:

dbcina04t8r41.jpg

Here’s to the start of new traditions!
Yes!
in the end if I survive,,,there will always be more canned goods on my shelf than there have been in the past,,,,,,,I have lost track of how much I have spent of food in general
I have spent a lot on food as well. I've already donated quite a bit to the food bank and to friends who have lost their jobs and my pantry is well stocked. My boss (a fellow prepper) was asking yesterday if I need anything and I can honestly say I am good for quite a while. When this is over I will probably have a good bit left over as well.

And so it begins (hope)

Global Consumer Group Launches Campaign to Defund WHO, Applauds Trump’s Vow to Investigate
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/08/global-consumer-campaign-defund-who/

I never heard of the Global Consumer Group

"The CCC represents consumers in over 100 countries across the globe. We monitor closely regulatory trends in Washington, Brussels, Ottawa, Brasilia, London, Geneva, and other hotspots of regulation and inform and activate consumers to fight for #ConsumerChoice." https://consumerchoicecenter.org/about-us/ and https://consumerchoicecenter.org/statements/#/publications/5aa837df2542970e001981f6?sh=false

Even the human rights group International are asking for investigation, not only of the WHO but also the UN

US Report: Office of Management and Budget Working on Plan to Cut WHO Funding. US gave WHO 456 million dollars china gave 48 million

I have to call BS on the US economy going into recession. With no job to go to, my wife has to be single handedly keeping half the country working. Every time I look out the window, we have a new package at the end of our driveway. FedEx, OOPS, USPS, even local delivery companies, all doing well. If this doesn't end soon, I expect a conveyor belt installed at my gate.

200.webp

https://www.wsj.com/articles/farmer...as-coronavirus-closes-restaurants-11586439722
Farmers Dump Milk, Break Eggs as Coronavirus Restaurant Closings Destroy Demand
Producers are throttling back as the virus erases sales to restaurants, hotels and cafeterias; ‘It was heart-wrenching’
Farmers and food companies across the country are throttling back production as the virus creates chaos in the agricultural supply chain, erasing sales to restaurants, hotels and cafeterias despite grocery stores rushing to restock shelves. American producers stuck with vast quantities of food they cannot sell are dumping milk, throwing out chicken-hatching eggs and rendering pork bellies into lard instead of bacon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an idea: Sell the eggs and meat to supermarkets that are having problems keeping stocked.
Oh wait, that requires common sense...never mind...
iu

Talk about prices going up. Looked for a set of 15lb dumbbells today for my wife and no stores have them because they come from China. The hex dumbbells are $1 a pound normally. People on Craigslist, ebay, Letgo, etc are asking 4 to 6 times the normal cost. Usually you can buy them on those sites for less than $1/lb. A couple of years ago I got two 50s AND a dumbell rack for $100.

Well, this sounded like a useful and informative article until...

https://news.yahoo.com/using-blender-rid-frozen-milks-164900252.html
Using a Blender Will Get Rid of Frozen Milk's Grainy Texture

And then I hit this sentence, and realized it was written by an ignoramus.

"Unlike water, milk expands when frozen."

Seriously? The author doesn't know that water expands with it freezes???? o_O

We let thaw naturally and just shake the jug, but you can you a blender if you want. Fresh from the cow is when you see a big grainy texture, not so much in the store bought. If you take a gallon bag of freshly frozen cows milk and defrost in the oven, the whey actually separates out if you poke a hole in the corner of the bag to let drain in a bowl placed underneath and you can use as cream cheese. I used this technique with baking projects.

We let thaw naturally and just shake the jug, but you can you a blender if you want. Fresh from the cow is when you see a big grainy texture, not so much in the store bought. If you take a gallon bag of freshly frozen cows milk and defrost in the oven, the whey actually separates out if you poke a hole in the corner of the bag to let drain in a bowl placed underneath and you can use as cream cheese. I used this technique with baking projects.

My uncle had a dairy farm, so I had the pleasure of drinking real milk when I went to visit. My grandmother made sweet cream butter from the dairy farm milk by putting the milk in a mason jar and rocking with the jar in her lap. Boy do I miss eating that butter on a big buttermilk biscuit!

My uncle had a dairy farm, so I had the pleasure of drinking real milk when I went to visit. My grandmother made sweet cream butter from the dairy farm milk by putting the milk in a mason jar and rocking with the jar in her lap. Boy do I miss eating that butter on a big buttermilk biscuit!
My hunnys favorite dessert is buttermilk pie. . . have to admit it is one of mine too.

Finland Latest Country to Receive Faulty Chinese Protective Equipment

The CEO of the Finnish Centre for Security of Supply has announced that the first order of respirators and medical equipment delivered from China does not pass European standards.

The Finnish case comes after several other countries have reported faulty medical equipment shipped to them from China, including in the Netherlands where authorities recalled 600,000 masks with defective filters.

Earlier this week, the Canadian city of Toronto recalled $200,000 worth of masks manufactured in China, 62,600 masks in total, due to “poor quality”.

Masks have not been the only faulty medical equipment shipped across the globe from China in recent weeks. Spain reported that the first batch of 9,000 coronavirus testing kits only worked 30 per cent of the time.

British authorities have complained of the same issue with testing kits they had ordered, with Public Health England’s Professor John Newton stating that millions of ordered test kits were “not good enough to be worth rolling out in very large scale”.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-receive-faulty-chinese-protective-equipment/

https://news.yahoo.com/japan-pay-companies-move-production-200603807.html
Japan to Pay Companies to Move Production Out of China
Japan will devote more than $2.2 billion of its coronavirus economic stimulus package to incentivize its manufacturers to move their production out of China as relations fray between the neighboring countries in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

The record stimulus plan provides $2 billion for manufacturers to transfer production to Japan and over $216 million to help companies move production to other countries. Imports from China, Japan’s biggest trading partner, were down by nearly 50 percent in February as facilities in China closed while the coronavirus ripped through the country.

Latest posts

Back