Fallout from COVID-19

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have few myself. Too bad I didn’t think far enough ahead. Pandemics were at the bottom of my list to be prepared for. I did for everything else. SMH.
Me too, knew a pandemic was possible but never really put much real thought into it. Luckily basic prepping covers most potential problems. I’m really greatful that I had recently stocked up on medical supplies.
One of my biggest concerns with this is I noticed my son was sniffling this morning as I saw them off for work this morning. I keep a distance of course and it’s likely the pollen count but still worrisome. They will likely catch this before long since they are going to continue working throughout.

I’ve definitely noticed things being glitchy and even the cell service having some issues. Everything is still working at least, can you imagine being isolated with no tv, internet or phone?
We've had a lot of hangups and stuttering in Netflix and Amazon Prime Movies.

I only have few myself. Too bad I didn’t think far enough ahead. Pandemics were at the bottom of my list to be prepared for. I did for everything else. SMH.

Same here Georgia. I have some only because for awhile I was immunocompromised and had to wear them everywhere everyday. Same with hand sanitizer and gloves. SO I kept what was leftover never thinking I would need them. I was wrong.

Netflex, Amazon, youtube etc.. were ask to reduce quality to save bandwidth for stay at home workers that must work on line. I also noticed texting has had issues.

I feel sure that the internet providers are building up their equipment as fast as possible. This week, there my be some outages due to high traffic but you can bet that the Network providers are adding additional resources. After all this is over, you can expect to see some large price increases as all this additional capacity has to be paid for.

Keeping short

Yesterday son sent a shortlist for some supplies he would like down in the house in town, I told him to text us when he is at the house Friday. We loaded the two boxes in Lisa car and after receiving the text, Lisa got on her way, after unloading the boxes on the porch, she was on her way home when a State Patrol pulled her over and ask where she was going, after she explained she is going home after dropping off supplies, the Trooper told her no homes are registered on this road, after trying to explain everything to the Trooper she gave up and called my son. My son pulled up in his Deputy uniform and in his patrol vehicle, the Trooper was still arguing, my Son ordered Lisa home he will take care of the Troopers concerns. We are waiting for a call from my Son at this moment, she has been home an hour now.

Keeping short

Yesterday son sent a shortlist for some supplies he would like down in the house in town, I told him to text us when he is at the house Friday. We loaded the two boxes in Lisa car and after receiving the text, Lisa got on her way, after unloading the boxes on the porch, she was on her way home when a State Patrol pulled her over and ask where she was going, after she explained she is going home after dropping off supplies, the Trooper told her no homes are registered on this road, after trying to explain everything to the Trooper she gave up and called my son. My son pulled up in his Deputy uniform and in his patrol vehicle, the Trooper was still arguing, my Son ordered Lisa home he will take care of the Troopers concerns. We are waiting for a call from my Son at this moment, she has been home an hour now.

Holy crap, what is wrong with that trooper? My gosh there are people sick and in need he he wastes his time to harass your daughter?! Unbelievable. Is she ok?

"Some bootleg producers of alcohol, however, use methanol in their drinks, adding bleach to mask the added colour."

WzMzrfS.gif

Keeping short

Goodness there are some people who shouldn't be cops.

Correction, how is your wife?

Wife is good and wasn't upset, me on the other hand wasn't nice and in a worst mood when all I got was a recording with the State Patrol when I called.

My Son got all straighten out, apparently the wife and son didn't want to involve me through this mess, wife told me the first thing the son ask was, does dad know. :mad:
I didn't know shit until it was all done.

The reason the State Patrol was even on the road was making sure no one was fishing on the river because the Governor shut down fishing during this stay at home order.

I guess fisherman can't keep the proper distance? Christ I don't know but hunting is still allowed o_O

Fishing and hunting outlawed for the duration over here, and the national parks and wilderness areas are closed to non residents. I'm starting to think this is more to do with keeping the ruling elite safe because 99% of em have fancy rural homes and estates.

Latest posts

Back