Fallout from COVID-19

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legally they have to have the consent of the patient (or MPOA) for a DNR. Are they just going to refuse to treat if a DNR is not in place? While I understand the benefits of a DNR, especially for individuals with a lot of health conditions (they tend to save a lot of time when there is virtually no hope of resuscitation), this is a scary concept.
In wartime there are different standards. Make no mistake, especially in the large hospitals in major cities, this counts as wartime. A doctor in an ER or ICU may have to make many hard choices in a shift right now, and likely for many weeks to come yet. When things are ‘normal’ I understand all the normal protocols are good, but when things are like they are you do the best you can to save the most you can.

Legally they have to have the consent of the patient (or MPOA) for a DNR. Are they just going to refuse to treat if a DNR is not in place? While I understand the benefits of a DNR, especially for individuals with a lot of health conditions (they tend to save a lot of time when there is virtually no hope of resuscitation), this is a scary concept.

During times like this rules and laws can change on the fly, just like a doctor can take people off life support against family wishes and with no DNR in place. Doctors are the law in a lot of cases and 99% of the time the courts side with the doctor

More and more utility workers from linesmen to water system engineers, to garbage collectors to grave diggers are phoning in sick. I'm getting visions of no water, power, sewage or waste collection in the future.

Ive had that vision for a week now! Everyone keeps telling me I’m silly to think that. Hoping my gut reaction is wrong this time. For us, we will be fine, but for so many others they will not. Most people these days don’t even understand the basics of how NOT to let human waste make you sick...or dead.

If they canceled $2000 worth of student loans I would be free of student loans. I'm glad I had scholarships.
But honestly, I borrowed the money knowing I would have to repay it. College is stupidly expensive but I think people also need to take responsibility for their actions. A forbearance during the crisis is one thing, that allows people who are out of work to wait to pay off their loans. But canceling loans altogether I don't think will be good for the economy.

One of the main reason college is so out of control expensive is because government took over the loans...and this allowed the universities to up the tuition! Higher education costs need to be lowered. Get the freaking government out of them and watch the costs go down!

Just another move from the Demobrats that will get the young people to vote for them against Trump??? (We helped you out of debt, NOW you owe us!!!)

So true. Our government is acting more and more like 4th graders running for office. Their goal is never to solve problems, but to BUY votes...with other people’s money of course! Just like FREE healthcare. It does not exist. Only if every physician and nurse would work for free! We are out of money. Illegals need to go HOME (I don’t care how old you were when you came. It’s your parents problem and responsibility!). After this pandemic...we will be lucky to be able to take care of OUR OWN.

On Monday the president signed an executive order banning “hoarding” of essential medical supplies like masks, gloves and gowns currently in short supply at hospitals around the country.

These items, known as personal protective equipment, or PPE, are crucial in preventing the spread of the virus to those who are charged with taking care of us at a time when some experts are projecting hundreds of thousands of coronavirus hospitalizations and deaths.

Editor’s note: The Trump administration is now criminalizing inventory of medical supplies. For this very reason, we are no longer importing such items and making them available to America, given that we can now be accused of “hoarding” for merely having inventory in our warehouse. This executive order is an attack on freedom and will dissuade importers from offering medical equipment in the United States, having exactly the opposite effect of what’s intended. This is nothing short of government tyranny and theft of supplies by a government that failed to prepare, so now it’s punishing the private sector for its own incompetence.

It’s not yet known what definition of “hoarding” will be used by the government to visit commercial suppliers with “a knock on the door” to make them hand over their inventories to the federal government. The very existence of this order essentially declares that the government can hoard supplies, but the private sector cannot. It further confirms that the government’s own supplies of medical equipment have run out, providing that the government suffers from a stunning lack of planning and preparedness which it is now exploiting to confiscate medical gear from commercial suppliers.

The lack of planning by the government, in other words, is now being translated into confiscation efforts that target private industry. The use of the term “hoarders” is to vilify private industry as a way to justify the government theft.

“This sends a strong message – we will not let those hoarding vital supplies and price gougers to harm the health of America in this hour of need,” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement.

Did you see where SEIU all of a sudden found 39 MILLION masks?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/homebound-workers-close-overwhelming-internet-182913138.html
Homebound Workers Close to Overwhelming Internet Junctions
(Bloomberg) -- With so many workers videoconferencing from home -- while their children stream videos and play Fortnite -- the internet is creaking at the seams, according to Nokia Oyj.

The junctions between different internet networks are close to being overwhelmed, the Finnish telecom equipment company said in a weekly report seen by Bloomberg News.

“Globally, service providers are starting to see the increased strain and are approaching the capacity on some peering links and edge routers,” Nokia said.

They are getting them to the hospitals in need. Perhaps it will buy us a few more days to get the new manufacturing places putting them out. Feel so awful for our healthcare providers.
Yeah, way too many are coming down with this virus. Not having PPE for them is nuts. Add in EMS and police and firefighters to that mess as well. I have about 8 or 9 N95 masks so will keep them for our use but honestly if I had multiple boxes I would donate the majority of them right now.

https://business.financialpost.com/...ing-sick-is-the-latest-threat-to-world-supply
Workers Critical to World's Food Supply Are Starting to Fall Ill
(Bloomberg) — Poultry giant Sanderson Farms Inc. on Monday reported the first case of a worker at a major U.S. meat producer testing positive for coronavirus. The employee and six more from the McComb, Mississippi, plant were sent home to self-quarantine, with pay, but operations continued as normal.

A few days later Smithfield Foods Inc., the world’s biggest pork producer, confirmed a positive case at its Sioux Falls, South Dakota, facility. In all likelihood, the numbers will keep going up at meat plants, farms, warehouses and packaging factories across the globe.

The infections speak to a growing threat to the world’s food supplies. Massive operations where workers pick berries together, cut meat side-by-side on a production line or load warehouse trucks in sometimes close proximity risk slowing down. Some facilities may have to shutter for cleaning and worker quarantines. Produce could end up rotting in fields if there aren’t enough healthy workers.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/homebound-workers-close-overwhelming-internet-182913138.html
Homebound Workers Close to Overwhelming Internet Junctions
(Bloomberg) -- With so many workers videoconferencing from home -- while their children stream videos and play Fortnite -- the internet is creaking at the seams, according to Nokia Oyj.

The junctions between different internet networks are close to being overwhelmed, the Finnish telecom equipment company said in a weekly report seen by Bloomberg News.

“Globally, service providers are starting to see the increased strain and are approaching the capacity on some peering links and edge routers,” Nokia said.
I’ve definitely noticed things being glitchy and even the cell service having some issues. Everything is still working at least, can you imagine being isolated with no tv, internet or phone?

Yeah, way too many are coming down with this virus. Not having PPE for them is nuts. Add in EMS and police and firefighters to that mess as well. I have about 8 or 9 N95 masks so will keep them for our use but honestly if I had multiple boxes I would donate the majority of them right now.

I only have few myself. Too bad I didn’t think far enough ahead. Pandemics were at the bottom of my list to be prepared for. I did for everything else. SMH.

Latest posts

Back