Bet the Anti-Trumpers are crying today...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you really think he is just going to turn into a peace loving leader overnight? I would be wary of anything he promises. Either way, I do believe that open dialogue with him is much smarter than the policies of the last 60 years.
Right, How many of us have to work with people we don't like, don't respect, etc. ?

I will agree on the climate change debate that both sides cherry pick their info. The fact is that we are changing the planet though. Yes, there are other natural factors emitting co2 as well, but we are doing it in a massive scale over a short period of time. The planet is resilient though, and nothing we do will destroy it. What we do can have a devastating effect on our food production, fresh water supplies, and sea levels. Any fast changes in our environment are really bad for all the animal species, including us. Sure, the planet will be fine long term, I’m more concerned with the impact on my children and grandchildren.

I will agree on the climate change debate that both sides cherry pick their info. The fact is that we are changing the planet though. Yes, there are other natural factors emitting co2 as well, but we are doing it in a massive scale over a short period of time. The planet is resilient though, and nothing we do will destroy it. What we do can have a devastating effect on our food production, fresh water supplies, and sea levels. Any fast changes in our environment are really bad for all the animal species, including us. Sure, the planet will be fine long term, I’m more concerned with the impact on my children and grandchildren.
Just the dying off of the honey bees is frightening. And that is only one thing of many.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just the dying off of the honey bees is frightening. And that is only one thing of many.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Honestly, animal species don’t stand a chance against us. We are in the sixth major extinction event in the planets history and there is no doubt that humans are the cause. Zoos will be the only place for most species within 50yrs. Sad....

This is just food for thought, but I was talking to a Plummer a few weeks ago and he brought up the fact that the government is basically trying to get us to all go tankless eventually because they believe we are going to have a water shortage in the near future. If you have priced a water tank recently they are $1000 for a 500 gallon tank. The youngest son just had to have his replaced at his house.

Yes we know....
Lol. I still say I’m not a democrat or republican. I think looking at each issue and making an intelligent decision about it based on its own merit is the best way. I am liberal on some things and conservative on others. I just can’t see how polluting the only home we have on this planet is a good thing in any way.

This is just food for thought, but I was talking to a Plummer a few weeks ago and he brought up the fact that the government is basically trying to get us to all go tankless eventually because they believe we are going to have a water shortage in the near future. If you have priced a water tank recently they are $1000 for a 500 gallon tank. The youngest son just had to have his replaced at his house.

What kind of water tank?

Because I paid less than a $1000 for a 2500gal tank

Lol. I still say I’m not a democrat or republican. I think looking at each issue and making an intelligent decision about it based on its own merit is the best way. I am liberal on some things and conservative on others. I just can’t see how polluting the only home we have on this planet is a good thing in any way.
Lol, yes you are part liberal and part conservative, but your also progressive. Your a kind person and will only improve over time.

Lol, yes you are part liberal and part conservative, but your also progressive. Your a kind person and will only improve over time.
Hell, I’m a lost cause! I’m too old to change much at this point :). I do have pretty set opinions at this point in life, but hope I’m always at least able to listen to new ideas.

Honestly, animal species don’t stand a chance against us. We are in the sixth major extinction event in the planets history and there is no doubt that humans are the cause. Zoos will be the only place for most species within 50yrs. Sad....
50 years and most animals will be gone,,,I doubt that,there are more deer, rabbits and other small game now than there was 100 years ago,I see Hawks and hear owls everyday,and even saw an Eagle lift off the road with a fresh kill yesterday,I am not saying there will not be things that go extinct just not that most will only be in zoos in the next 50 years,,,

We thought that on several species, from the gray wolfs, bears, deers and the salmon in 1980, 91 and 99, mount st. helens devastated the elks and deers population but through conservation they are thriving, the gray wolf are making a comeback, we have biologist go out and check on wild animals and make sure the health are good, sometimes they will curtail hunting in select areas or ban it for a year or two, the practices have worked and in certain cases worked to well. If the state keeps up the practice of conservation they will be around 50 years from now easily.

In the Antarctic region a massive volcano was discovered under the ice last year that caused the ice sheets to break away and ice melt. Also:

"The possibility that a deep mantle plume manifests Pliocene and Quaternary volcanism and potential elevated heat flux in West Antarctica has been studied for more than 30 years. Recent seismic images support the plume hypothesis as the cause of Marie Byrd Land (MBL) volcanism and geophysical structure. Mantle plumes may more than double the geothermal heat flux above nominal continental values. A dearth of in situ ice sheet basal data exists that samples the heat flux. Consequently, we examine a realistic distribution of heat flux associated with a possible late Cenozoic mantle plume in West Antarctica and explore its impact on thermal and melt conditions at the ice sheet base. We use a simple analytical mantle plume parameterization to produce geothermal heat flux at the base of the ice sheet. The three‐dimensional ice flow model includes an enthalpy framework and full‐Stokes stress balance. As both the putative plume location and extent are uncertain, we perform broadly scoped experiments to characterize the impact of the plume on geothermal heat flux and ice sheet basal conditions. The experiments show that mantle plumes have an important local impact on the ice sheet, with basal melting rates reaching several centimeters per year directly above the hotspot. In order to be consistent with observations of basal hydrology in MBL, the upper bound on the plume‐derived geothermal heat flux is 150 mW/m2. In contrast, the active lake system of the lower part of Whillans Ice Stream suggests a widespread anomalous mantle heat flux, linked to a rift source. "
Also:
In Antarctica there are over 400 known lakes under the ice. The largest is Lake Vostok which is over 6,500 square miles and up to 3,000 feet deep. It's also under 2 miles of ice. They've discovered over 3,500 species of life in the lake too.
At one time Antarctica was ice free. In some of the currently ice free areas there are fossils of plants, trees and animals. The only thing this proves is that the Earth was much warmer at one time, and long before Man started driving SUV's.
Many of the "scientist's" who get government funding to do research in Antarctica are looking for "proof" to match their "Man caused" global warming theroy. So far they have never found any real proof that Man has caused the current warming trend. Or are we in a cooling trend right now? It's hard to keep up with the "experts" and their latest theroy.

Latest posts

Back