What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a firm believer in eating watermelon when you're sick. It is hydrating and easy to digest and it tastes good.
This was the best tasting watermelon that I've eaten in years. I bought it in a town about 70 miles south of here and put it in my ice chest and covered it with ice. I wish I would have bought more now.

Yeah pretty crappy, tired and getting weaker. I was planning on going to the doctor today but there was one problem after another with the house. Now it looks like rain tonight and I still have 5 ton of hay that needs to be put away.
Yeah, make time to see a dr soon. You’ve been sick long enough now. I usually tough things out too but there comes a time to get help, and blood tests....

Yeah, make time to see a dr soon. You’ve been sick long enough now. I usually tough things out too but there comes a time to get help, and blood tests....
I agree. It's been over a month now. I may have to accept the fact that I'm getting too old to do all the work around here alone. I've been trying to hire a couple hands to help out, but no luck. If I could just get 1 day of total rest I'd probably start feeling better.

I agree. It's been over a month now. I may have to accept the fact that I'm getting too old to do all the work around here alone. I've been trying to hire a couple hands to help out, but no luck. If I could just get 1 day of total rest I'd probably start feeling better.
Good luck on the finding labor thing. We’ve been looking for a decent electrician for a year at least. I’ve also tried to find someone that can mow and weed eat for me and someone that can help with cleaning the inside once a week or so. So far all I’ve gotten is ‘sure, I’ll call you’ and then never hear from them again. Seems like no one actually wants to wok anymore.

What, work and lose all their Democratic "Free Lunch" stuff. Do the math, how many could earn enough to compete with all the free crap they get.

Last edited:
Good luck on the finding labor thing. We’ve been looking for a decent electrician for a year at least. I’ve also tried to find someone that can mow and weed eat for me and someone that can help with cleaning the inside once a week or so. So far all I’ve gotten is ‘sure, I’ll call you’ and then never hear from them again. Seems like no one actually wants to wok anymore.

This is one you Can blame on Trump. Isn't great! Everyone is working that wants to work.

Yeah it has been difficult. My situation here is that it's haying season and me and everyone else are putting up hay at the same time. In a county of only 2800 and near zero people out of work, there isn't much of a pool just sitting around.
I did get a call from a guy today that's available this weekend. He works full time but wants to make some extra cash.

Latest posts

Back