What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the whole season except for the last episode. I’ll be curious to know what you think.
I loved the last season. It’s kind of a kids show but with enough Stephen King to make it interesting. So far it’s got my interest.
Tonight I was lazy and got two large to go orders from a Chinese buffet that’s not too far away. 15 mi each way, but that’s what you get when you live n the country. Anyways I’m full and content, and just poured a beer over ice, and now will watch two more episodes of stranger things. Prepping can wait till later!

Steak veggies and garlic toast ( on another plate no room on my regular plate)

Attachments

• C908952D-2643-42AD-8199-44D2B56E8022.jpeg
    C908952D-2643-42AD-8199-44D2B56E8022.jpeg
    761.5 KB · Views: 10
Are you still feeling ill? That is not much for a grown man.
Yeah. Still feeling pretty puny. I did manage to get a half a ham sandwich down this morning. Got my first load of hay in this afternoon. I thought I was going to have heat stroke. It must have been 75 degs in that hay field. It's a little cooler at home.

Today I made a roux from kudzu root(Aurgustin Farms shortening powder). I browned 2 squirles and slow cooked them with wild onions and saw palmetto hearts, potatoes, freeze dried carrots. Pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder.
Served this over white rice.
It tasted pretty damn good and would consider this a good prepper meal that I could make well after SHTF. My pics still won't load. I was going to make a wild forage salad, but didn't get the chance. I already pick wild greens and add to my salads, so no big deal.

Yeah. Still feeling pretty puny. I did manage to get a half a ham sandwich down this morning. Got my first load of hay in this afternoon. I thought I was going to have heat stroke. It must have been 75 degs in that hay field. It's a little cooler at home.
Do you mean 95 degrees?

Today I made a roux from kudzu root(Aurgustin Farms shortening powder). I browned 2 squirles and slow cooked them with wild onions and saw palmetto hearts, potatoes, freeze dried carrots. Pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder.
Served this over white rice.
I've been meaning to try dwarf palmetto root (closely related to saw palmetto), the BOL is covered with them. But I remember the last time I dug one up. The damned roots go halfway to China because it's basically a palm tree with the trunk entirely underground. LOL

I am too old to do that with a shovel anymore, but I might try it with the front end loader.

I've been meaning to try dwarf palmetto root (closely related to saw palmetto), the BOL is covered with them. But I remember the last time I dug one up. The damned roots go halfway to China because it's basically a palm tree with the trunk entirely underground. LOL

I am too old to do that with a shovel anymore, but I might try it with the front end loader.
Yeah there is a lot of food in a saw palmetto, but it's all underground. Hey if your hungry enough....

Latest posts

Back