What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to my favorite Greek place. Had a beef wrap, basically a gyro with chunks of beef vs the lamb stuff, and a pork skewer with roasted potatoes and a Greek salad. Had seconds of it just before bed. Ate way too much but it was really good!
STOP! STOP! You're killing me! :D
I have a real weakness for Greek, and there are ZERO Greek places here.

All this talk of Greek food made me remember I had a package of ground lamb in the freezer, so I looked up a recipe online.

Mediterranean Lamb Bowl - tumeric rice, ground spiced lamb, diced cucumbers and tomatoes, feta cheese. There was supposed to be some hummus, and I thought I had a can of chick peas, but I couldn't find it.

Lamb has fresh minced garlic, fresh minced onion, fresh chopped Italian parsley, fresh chopped mint, ground ginger, ground allspice, ground paprika, ground cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

There is enough lamb for several meals, so tomorrow I'll make it again if I can find a supermarket open, this time with hummus.
2JocdNh.jpg

Last edited:
All this talk of Greek food made me remember I had a package of ground lamb in the freezer, so I looked up a recipe online.

Mediterranean Lamb Bowl - tumeric rice, ground spiced lamb, diced cucumbers and tomatoes, feta cheese. There was supposed to be some hummis, and I thought I had a can of chick peas, but I couldn't find it.

Lamb has fresh minced garlic, fresh minced onion, fresh chopped Italian parsley, fresh chopped mint, ground ginger, ground allspice, ground paprika, ground cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

There is enough lamb for several meals, so tomorrow I'll make it again if I can find a supermarket open, this time with hummis.
2JocdNh.jpg
That looks really good.
I had salad with the church ladies. I made lemonade and you would think they never heard of real lemonade before by the way they talked about it.

We did burgers and sausages on the grill for the fourth celebration with a ton of sides. Am almost in pain right now from eating so much. I did pu two 2” thick ribeyes at the store while on sale today for dinner later on this week. 7.98 a pound was almost half their regular price. Everybody loves ribeye!

I smoked a brisket and slow cooked it with bbq sauce in crock pot. We grilled burgers, hot dogs and sausage. We made a potato salad, baked beans with bacon, homemade beef chilli. Creole tomato, red onion, avocado salad with a apple cider viniger-Olive oil dressing, crushed black pepper, sea salt.

I made a culliflower cassarol with bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, green onions, cheddar cheese, garlic, pepper, salt.
Hamburger n hotdog buns and french pistolet rolls. All the fixins.

Ladyfinger, gramcracker crumble, sliced strawberry, strawberry sauce, whipped cream ice box pan pie for desert.

Back