What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I know it’s a cultural thing and shouldn’t knock anyone’s tastes. Variety is what makes the world interesting. I’m still not eating it though.... lol. I’ve tried such delicacies as snails, raw oysters and fish eggs too that others seem to love. Yuk! But to each their own.

You don’t like raw oysters?

You didn’t drink enough beer. That was the problem!

You don’t like raw oysters?

You didn’t drink enough beer. That was the problem!
The taste wasn’t too bad, but the slime factor kicks in my gag reflex every time! I really gave it a shot too, but the whole lugi thing just did it in for me. Seriously, I realize some sailor got marooned on a desert isle one time. Ok, I get it, he had to eat this stuff to survive. One day he got rescued though and came back to civilization. It’s time to stop eating this stuff, seriously....

The taste wasn’t too bad, but the slime factor kicks in my gag reflex every time! I really gave it a shot too, but the whole lugi thing just did it in for me. Seriously, I realize some sailor got marooned on a desert isle one time. Ok, I get it, he had to eat this stuff to survive. One day he got rescued though and came back to civilization. It’s time to stop eating this stuff, seriously....

Yeah. I can see that, but alcohol helps a lot. Same way with sushi. Pour enough sake down and you can eat just about any of it. Plus, any worms that may have been in it died a happy death, lol.

Yeah. I can see that, but alcohol helps a lot. Same way with sushi. Pour enough sake down and you can eat just about any of it. Plus, any worms that may have been in it died a happy death, lol.
Lol. I was good with sushi until reading about the worms, so haven’t had it in a while. After seeing a guy that had 6’ worms removed I’m not sure there’s enough alcohol to get me to eat it anymore! I still like California rolls though. I’m sure most is imitation crab but at least it was cooked....

Lol. I was good with sushi until reading about the worms, so haven’t had it in a while. After seeing a guy that had 6’ worms removed I’m not sure there’s enough alcohol to get me to eat it anymore! I still like California rolls though. I’m sure most is imitation crab but at least it was cooked....

Actually, I haven’t had any raw sushi in a long time either. But that sake was good, best I remember......

Totally agree. Like eating snot.

I had lunch at Cracker Barrel yesterday while on the road all day. It was really good. Turkey, dressing, cranberry, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I forgot how good the place is, but will frequent it more often. I read an article that if your counting calories or cholesterol then it’s one of the worst restaurants to eat at, but where do you think all that flavor comes from!:confused:

Not for dinner, but working on my third batch of applesauce this week. Using Arkansas Black apples & every time, their skin turns the sauce pink.

applesauce.jpg

do not under any circumstances eat at a British motorway service station, the food is horrendous and inedible and the coffee is undrinkable, I am fussy what I put into my body I know but this crap should be banned because of all the chemical additives that is in it.
I grew up in a time when you traveled and stopped to get gas the stations had horribly dirty bathrooms and out of date snacks that were triple the cost of what they should be. Now, the racetrack stations are very clean, have a huge variety of foods and treats and are more reasonable prices. I hit their restrooms and coffee even between fillups now. Since they revamped the industry now there are other companies copying their format. It’s still mostly junk food like breakfast sandwiches and sausage dogs, but it is clean now and those jalapeño smoked sausage dogs are friggin good! I’ve seen fresh fruits in them too.

Yep, the gas stations and greasy spoons on the highways used to be pretty bad. Now some of the best places to eat are on the highways and the truck stops are spic and span. Our favorite truck stop is Love's. I sometimes stop at every Love's, if for no other reason to stretch my legs and take a restroom break. Some of the Love's in Mississippi now have Godfather's Pizza.

Latest posts

Back