What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in a time when you traveled and stopped to get gas the stations had horribly dirty bathrooms and out of date snacks that were triple the cost of what they should be.

I remember those days, when kids we would take route66 from Texas to hwy99 in cali and head north to Washington on old 99 and back, before all these major highways, about the only thing worth buying was a bag of pretzels and I don't even like pretzels, always pissed on the side of the road instead of them roadside cans especially on the Arizona New Mexico state line. I remember dad getting pulled over in cali on 66 for not having a bladder bag on his car grille just before Arizona.... Anyone remember thoughs? ...memories :)

I remember those days, when kids we would take route66 from Texas to hwy99 in cali and head north to Washington on old 99 and back, before all these major highways, about the only thing worth buying was a bag of pretzels and I don't even like pretzels, always pissed on the side of the road instead of them roadside cans especially on the Arizona New Mexico state line. I remember dad getting pulled over in cali on 66 for not having a bladder bag on his car grille just before Arizona.... Anyone remember thoughs? ...memories :)
Bladder bag? Was that a safety thing for being in the desert?

Bigpaul, do you know any recipes for wild boar sausage? I hope to kill one soon and I want to make some sausages.
I prefer sausages without additives myself, I want to taste the meat not the stuff that was added, sorry, i'm fussy about my food and I don't like it messed about with.

I prefer sausages without additives myself, I want to taste the meat not the stuff that was added, sorry, i'm fussy about my food and I don't like it messed about with.
So you just stuff pure ground pork in casing? Do you cook it? If so, how do you cook it? Smoked? Fried? Do you eat it raw? Do you always eat it right away or do you preserve it somehow for eating later?

There is still a RECIPE for making it bigpaul. That's what I'm asking.

Last edited:
Bladder bag? Was that a safety thing for being in the desert?

Clipboard01.jpg

So you just stuff pure ground pork in casing? Do you cook it? If so, how do you cook it? Smoked? Fried? Do you eat it raw? Do you always eat it right away or do you preserve it somehow for eating later?

There is still a RECIPE for making it bigpaul. That's what I'm asking.
lets see, now: its pure ground pork in a casing, cooking is usually by grilling, sometimes in the oven, depending what we are eating it with. preservation is in the freezer along with all our other meat-we have a dedicated chest "meat" freezer.

The water bag sure brought back a few memories. I took a trip down Route 66 a year or two ago. It was fun coming from California into Arizona. Turned of before New Mexico.

A huge feast today. Starting off with an oyster and artichoke soup. Pork tenderloin, baked Turkey, home made macaroni and cheese, oyster dressing, broccoli casserole with a Ritz cracker topping. Shrimp and Chayote squash dressing, cajun dirty rice, smothered green beans, gravy, Hawaiian rolls, and a sweet cranberry relish. Pecan pie, apple pie, Christmas cookies and a gingerbread.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Latest posts

Back